• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
So I've had my second computer graphics class today.

Creating OpenGL apps in Visual Studio, setting up colours and polygons, getting DLLs into the project, drawing things, timing repaints properly, frame rate counters, animating things, reading inputs, implementing menus...

Zoinks! It was THAT easy?

Years
Well you probably got a step by step tutorial.

Everything is easy when you are shown what to do.(no intentional Columbus quote)

Years
Hmm, just found out this morning that my laptop has stereo mix.. didn't realize that was still a thing on computers these days.

Then again, both of the laptops I previously owned had Conexant sound cards, so maybe it's Conexant that just doesn't do stereo mix.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
That is true, its called fluency. Now what you need to after the lesson is to try and recall the information and struggle with it so to can remember.

I kind of feel a little pity for most people, being my memory retention is cake. Learning must be hell D:

So Apache is being a little bugger for me. It's timing out even though I've ensured it's running with a check in the terminal, I've doublechecked httpd.conf and nothing seems to be of issue. Most of the time it'll time out but sometimes it'll show a beige-coloured page with a pink-ish rectangle at the top, God knows what that means. I'd like to have this up and going sometime as it means vBulletin, ergo PokéSphere. My old server seems to have come in a gold-trimmed cedar gift basket, whereas this one has arrived in a beaten-up, over-duct taped package seemingly handled by Ace Ventura from HDS.

Maybe I should go ahead and have pokesphere.net start propagating it all up for its DNS while I sort out Apache, eh?

Years
The only thing you could perhaps try to do is initiate a crontab to ensure your Apache process keeps running, but I'm not sure if that would be any good or not in your case.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Sorry if Im changing the topic or something but,

I've kind of grown an adeptness at graphic designing... and the funny thing is I use Sony Vegas Pro to make it. Is this strange to you guys? Does anyone else here do that? I discovered being able to do that while trying to make a thumbnail for a Youtube video I had made, and it looked surprisingly damn good. Simple, but good. I think? Anyways, I know normally people use Photoshop or Gimp, but I use a video editor. Kind of weird, but it works surprisingly well. I cannot do anything fancy, but I think there is asthetic appeal if you're trying to make a youtube thumbnail. Any thoughts on this?

Also, I may start frequenting this forum much more often ^.^

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Sorry if Im changing the topic or something but,

I've kind of grown an adeptness at graphic designing... and the funny thing is I use Sony Vegas Pro to make it. Is this strange to you guys? Does anyone else here do that? I discovered being able to do that while trying to make a thumbnail for a Youtube video I had made, and it looked surprisingly damn good. Simple, but good. I think? Anyways, I know normally people use Photoshop or Gimp, but I use a video editor. Kind of weird, but it works surprisingly well. I cannot do anything fancy, but I think there is asthetic appeal if you're trying to make a youtube thumbnail. Any thoughts on this?

Also, I may start frequenting this forum much more often ^.^

Since I know nothing about Apache or whatever was being talked about, I'll answer this.

It's a strange choice, but not completly un heard of, I know several youtubers who make their thumnails and such in the editor. You don't need a power tool like Photoshop for them.

Years
guys, if we want to nominate a website of the month, how do we do so? Please quote me when you respond
Website of the Quarter has since passed us for a little over a week now. Endless and I decided that WotM was a little too often, so they're going to be done every quarter. You can read more up on that here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/announcement.php?f=57&a=631

Also, just for reference, but if you have any questions relevant to the section, please direct them to me via PM or VM instead of posting in this thread. Thanks.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Website of the Quarter has since passed us for a little over a week now. Endless and I decided that WotM was a little too often, so they're going to be done every quarter. You can read more up on that here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/announcement.php?f=57&a=631

Also, just for reference, but if you have any questions relevant to the section, please direct them to me via PM or VM instead of posting in this thread. Thanks.

Oh? In the PokeCommunity Get Together, Around PC in 7 days, it says you must nominate a website of the month by July 10th

and vote for one by the 12th.

Years
3611364169.png

And this was on Wi-Fi. Wow.

Years
I'm probably going to dread the day that the Lumia 520 will no longer receive OS updates. I would at least hope that day is far off, even though it does seem like Nokia comes out with new Windows Phones literally every few months

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm probably going to dread the day that the Lumia 520 will no longer receive OS updates. I would at least hope that day is far off, even though it does seem like Nokia comes out with new Windows Phones literally every few months

I'd suppose that it'd probably take until "next major OS doesn't support device"... and even then, security updates are going to stay for much longer.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Years
I envy anyone with good upload speed. It took me 13 hours to install Garry's Mod and by that time I'd already killed myself 5 times because of it.
That was my school's WiFi, being right under the access point I was connecting from.

I should also say that this is from the staff/faculty network as well, which I have access to, because well... I am technically am employee. The student/guest network is throttled only to 1Mb/s down and up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back