• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] (IC) Crossroads ; A Johto Story - ACT I

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • 256.png
    179.png
    506.png
    147.png

Morgan
    Pokemon Center

Morgan gave Christina a grumbled look. "Heh, well aren't you the snarky one tonight," ironically, she pointed out. "Whatever, as long as they hurry up."

Soon a flighty girl came along, who seemed to be as cheerful as she was energetic. She addressed to Christina and Aberdeen calling them 'Chrissy' and 'Deen' without acknowledging Morgan, which she didn't mind, but... eh. As they were chatting, Morgan stepped in. "Uh.." she addressed Christina and Aberdeen, as she gave the other girl a quick glace. "Who's the pixie?"

This might be a long, long night...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    651.png
    016.png
    679.png
    180.png
    054.png
    054.png

Aberdeen
    Azalea Town, chapter 8

Aberdeen lightened up noticeably when Melody suddenly entered the scene.

"Haha, that's Melody, another friend from Cheerygrove who travels for professor Pine," he told Morgan, hoping to butt in before the 'pixie' comment made Melody fire up or something. He then turned back to the newest arrival, fistbumping her shoulder playfully. "Yeah, how have you been, Mel? Haven't seen you since the ruins either..."

He suddenly remembered something and couldn't help wrinkling his nose a bit. "Are you still, uh, traveling with Vincent?" he asked.

Meanwhile, Psyduck had waggled up to Franky and leaned its head to the side in a curious look. "Psy?"

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Chapter 8 - 2
    4aa876d7-1bd0-49dc-990d-b5ce0a070d72_zps149d27c0.jpg

153.gif
    276.gif
    551.gif

Melody Hughes - Azalea Town - The Reunion - Part 2
    Melody smiled even brighter (if that was even possible) when Christina greeted her and happily returned the hug the red-haired trainer had given her with of her own. No sooner had she done that though, the girl gave a curious look towards Morgan. Melody was not quite sure just what she had meant by pixie. She was somewhat tempted to ask about it, but decided to focus her energy for the time being on answering Christina's and Aberdeen's questions.

"Well, I was traveling with Vinny," Melody began looking up at the starlit sky as she spoke. "We recently parted ways when we got here to town though... Anyways, after leavin' the Ruins of Alph we spent most of our time together trying to get here. It was... a bit of an interesting trip, really. I wish I could say it was all fun and good times, but..." She paused, glancing over at Christina and seeming a bit hesitant to continue. Melody was honestly a bit worried at how her red-haired friend would react to this next part. Her voice lowered in volume considerably as she resumed talking, as if making sure only those around her in this little group would be able to hear her. "We had stopped one night on the way towards Union Cave to get some sleep. Apparently in the middle of the night, some Team Rocket decided to help themselves to some of our Pokémon. They took Vinny's Honedge... and um... they took Napoleon from me too."

Thinking about the scene and the stolen Buizel again seemed to lower Melody's spirits considerably. However, the chocolate-haired girl did not really want to drag down this reunion with Aberdeen and Christina. So, she quickly resumed her story with a bit more of the positive spin.

"B-But, the trip here wasn't all bad! When we were in Union Cave, we saw something totally incredible!" Melody exclaimed. "Me and Vinny had somehow found some sort of secret section of the cave, and there was some... huge thing in there!" Melody stretched out her arms as she spoke, as if trying to use such a method to emphasize her point on the creatures size. "Get this, Chrissie! He seemed to react to my shard of that crystal we found waaaaaaaay back when we first met. Isn't that crazy?!" Melody thought the whole development was pretty interesting, regardless if the other two did not. Still, she only remained silent for a moment before continuing her story yet again. "Oh, yeah! I also caught a new Pokémon while we were in the cave. I'd like you guys to meet Franky!"

Melody pointed down to where she assumed the Sandile was standing. However, all that she pointed to was some grass blowing in the wind. Melody slowly gazed down, her eyes widening as she noticed Franky was no longer standing in the spot he should have been. Quickly looking around, it was not long at all before a small gasp was heard coming from the girl. Somehow, during her story of what she had been up to, Franky had managed to waddle all the way over towards Morgan. The Sandile was now somehow placed just underneath the dress-wearing girl, taking a peek up under her skirt. A rather... different sort of smile seemed to be on the Sandile's mouth as he stared up and under Morgan's skirt, with a happy little gurgle no less. Melody was absolutely speechless.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • 256.png
    179.png
    506.png
    147.png

Morgan
    Pokemon Center

Morgan noticed the small pokemon near her dress, but surprisingly, she didn't react predictably; she bent over to pick the Sandile up, and decided to pet it with a smooth smile on her face, as if she's.. actually enjoying the small pokemon. She then glanced over at the surprised Melody. "Wh-what are you looking at?" she asked while blushing. "I have a Lilpup who does that all the time. Unlike maybe you, they're pokemon, not perverts."

She did enjoy her Lilpup, and so, no matter how many times she would scald at it, she could never be truly angry with pokemon. However, that being thought, there was an another inquiry. "Although..." she said as she set the Sandle back down on the ground. "What I'm even more angry about is meeting another fool who got their pokemon stolen; you should be ashamed of yourself, letting that happen to your pokemon!"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Chapter 8 - 3

153.gif
    276.gif
    551.gif

Melody Hughes - Azalea Town - The Reunion - Part 3
    Melody's mouth hung open for a moment, rather surprised by the fact that this... stranger was berating her for having Napoleon stolen. It only took a moment for the girl to quickly make her way over and scoop up her Sandile. She quickly whispered for Franky to behave himself, before turning to look Morgan straight in the eyes.

"Excuse me? I didn't let them steal my Buizel!" Melody replied, giving the stranger a rather nasty glare. "It's not like I stood there and said, 'Hey, take Napoleon from me please!'" She paused, giving the girl a quick look up and down before continuing. "Besides, what business is it of yours anyways?"

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • 256.png
    179.png
    506.png
    147.png

Morgan
    Pokemon Center

"Really?" Morgan questioned her with a louder, annoyed tone. "So let me ask you this: while you were laughing it up with your friends going to all sorts of sightseeing, did you ever once think about what was happening to your pokemon right now? I know if I was a trainer worth my salt, if my pokemon got stolen, I wouldn't waste my time here waiting for some misguided individuals: I wouldn't rest until I stormed whatever hell whole those thugs crawled out from and GOD FORBID if they harmed a single hair on my Combusken's head I would--"

But then she grunted vigorously, as a sign that she realizing that she lost her composure. After a brief pause: "...I'm sorry, you're right," she said. "It really isn't any of my business as I told myself many times, but, like it or not, I just promised to help the pokemon out, that's all."

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Christina Langley
    Chapter 08: Rendevouz P5

Christina's interest and surprise from the news about the giant Pokémon in the caves, as well as it having reacted to the crystals shards they'd found, quickly waned as a storm seemed to be brewing between the other two girls of the group.

Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Sending Aberdeen a quick look and silently mouthing 'Oh boy', Christina quickly stepped in to place a hand on Melody's shoulder with a smile, looking over at Morgan. "Fact of the matter is that whoever took the Pokémon had it all planned out, and none of us had any idea that someone was going to do something despicable like that." She paused, glancing to Melody.

"… Sindy and Deen's Whismur, Winter, was also taken. And if Melody is anything like me, then she's worried sick, -and- ready to knock some heads in order to get them back. But I think we all know that we can't just rush in there head-first. Who knows what kind of traps and dangerous Pokémon they have in there?"

She glanced between the two girls before giving another smile. "It happened in the past, and we can't change that now. But we –can- go save our friends and make sure Team Rocket gets what's coming to them." She finished with a firm nod and a determined look in her eyes.​

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Blaine - Chapter 8​

It hadn't taken that long for Blaine to make his way to the center and get his mon healed up. From there it became a waiting game. For the most part Derpy was running around and simply doing whatever the hell he wanted, but Blaine was busy thinking. What sort of activity was happening tonight? He assumed that it had to be something either very important, or very secret. It would explain why Bugsy hadn't just straight out told him what they would be doing. Still, what was so important that the gym leader couldn't even tell his recruits what he had planned? Blaine could only sigh and look over at Derpy as he rolled about on the tile floor with a silly grin on his face.

So, Blaine ended up just resting for the next few hours. As the sun began to lower and darkness began to spread across the city he finally got up and began to stretch his limbs to wake them up. Derpy was off in the corner of his room, snoring rather loudly as he wiggled just a bit in his sleep. Blaine walked on over and lightly tapped the Croconaw with his foot. It wasn't that hard to get to the back of the center, after all, they were already resting there anyways. It was just walking through a door to get to the back, but he could see that he was already late to the party. He was surprised at the many familiar faces that were here, and he couldn't help but wonder why no native trainers were here. Were the trainers here the only ones who even wanted to see what this event was about?

"Hey everyone." Blaine said as he made his way forward. Derpy gurgled excitedly and let out happy cries as he smiled brightly. Well, smiled in a way that flashed over every single sharp tooth that was held in his jaws.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    651.png
    016.png
    679.png
    180.png
    054.png
    054.png

Aberdeen
    Azalea Town, chapter 8

He had shut his mouth when Morgan and Melody started to flare up and gave out a relieved smile when Christina calmed the situation like only she could. Morgan stepping down was interesting though. He thought he had figured her out, but she was still unpredictable. And unpredictable was great in Aberdeen's book. Because it meant not boring. He found himself wondering what a battle against her would be, thinking back on how she had fought against Bugsy.

"Hey everyone," a voice interrupted his thoughts from behind. Deen spun around and saw a black haired boy he didn't recognize.

Psyduck noticed him too. Or rather, the very toothy and bulky pokémon that walked alongside the young man. "Psy!" Deen's pokémon cried and ran in behind his legs to try and hide.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Derpy's need... for a friend : Part 1​

It seemed that the Psyduck's attempts to hide only drew Derpy's attention. "Croc!" He said as he ran likewise behind Aberdeen and with one mighty tug pulled at Psyduck. He looked the other water type up and down as a grin formed on his face and he playfully slapped the Psyduck's back a few times. "Croc croc croc!" He said merrily as he pointed at the Psyduck and moved his arms up and down, "Crococroc!" He declared as he gave one last point at the duck and then crossed his arms firmly, giving a small nod to boot.

"... Sorry about that. Derpy can be... well, very quick to impulse. Come on, let him go Derpy."

Derpy just shook his head and pointed again at the duck, letting out jabbers of words that no one could really understand as he once more flailed his arms about in an attentive manner. He finally crossed his arms and stared silently at Blaine, his mouth hanging open in a smile. Blaine scratched his head and sighed, "Well, he's taken a liking to that duck."

Derpy quickly nodded his head at his trainer's words and grabbed at the Psyduck's small wing in an an attempt to pull the yellow mon along with him. "Derpy, you can't just take him." Blaine said. Derpy didn't even react as he kept tugging at the duck as he, seemingly, jabbered to him in the pokèmon language.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    651.png
    016.png
    679.png
    180.png
    054.png
    054.png

Aberdeen
    Azalea Town, chapter 8

Psyduck was in a state between its usual confusion and paralyzing terror beside the Croconaw. Apparently it had only seen Aberdeen as a pair of legs also and not as a trainer to save him from this, because he didn't struggle to get more protection or sympathy from him.

"Fascinating," Deen said, studying Derpy for a moment. "And actually, I do have two Psyduck, so a trade could... Hang on." He stood up straight and gave the other boy a look. "Who exactly are you then? Another Pine trainer?"

He sent a glance in the direction of the girls; maybe they had seen him before. After all, he had met a couple of Pine trainers before Violet City that Tina didn't recognize when he mentioned them. Maybe they were also here now, or maybe they had given up on the journey prematurely...

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023

Riley Lewis
    Chapter 08: Slowpoke Well; Part 1

Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    Pokemon
    Spoiler:
    Riley and Abbadon didn't do much after he and Melody left Kurt's Studio. Riley and her had separated soon after their meeting, though it was likely that they would see each other at Kurt's rendezvous point. Later, he merely prepared for what was likely going to be some sort of raid upon Team Rocket. After all, how else was Melody going to get her Pokemon back?

Of course, there was also the matter of the TMs that Kurt had given them. It took awhile, but Riley was finally able to figure out what it was and how to use it correctly. Within a matter of minutes, Feathers the Pidgey had learned the move Acrobatics. If anything, it would come in handy when they fought Bugsy.

~~~​

Time passed and Riley finally decided to head out. Leaving the Pokemon Center, he made his way around the building with Feathers atop his head and his bag on his back. There was already several people there, much to his astonishment. Part of him thought it would only be him, Melody, and Kurt. "Sorry I'm late to the party," the young man said once they caught sight of him, Feathers shaking his wings in greeting.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Chapter 8 - 4

153.gif
    276.gif
    551.gif

Melody Hughes - Azalea Town - The Reunion - Part 4
    Melody seemed to calm down a bit once Christina difused the fight that was about to explode between the brown-haired girl and Morgan. The taller, red-haired girl, despite taking Melody's side, seemed to be much more... relaxed about the way that Morgan had berated the two of them, as well as anyone else who had had their Pokémon stolen by Team Rocket.

Still, Melody felt that for Christina's sake that she would place any choice words that she had for Morgan aside... for the side being. Besides, there were more important factors to take into consideration for the moment... such things like greeting Blaine and Riley. Melody smiled brightly, happy that she had to see that Riley had in fact kept his end of the promise with Kurt. It was also quite a delight to see Blaine again after so long. As she thought about it, Melody realized that she had not seen Blaine since Violet City.

"Blaine, Riley!" Melody exclaimed, waving down the two boys. "It's great to see ya both! I know why you're here, but are you planning to help out with this whole mess too, Blaine?"

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Christina Langley
    Chapter 08: Rendevouz P6

Relieved that Melody calmed down, Christina sent the girl a smile, quickly turning around as Blaine of all people showed up. A surprise smile lit up on Christina's face as she gave the boy a quick wave.

Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    Pokemon
    Spoiler:

"Hey Blaine! Long time no see!"

She glanced down as Derpy was apparently harassing one of Aberdeen's Psyducks. She never did like that weird look in Derpy's eyes. Snapping out of her thoughts, she noticed Aberdeen glancing at her and Melody.

"Blaine's one of Pine's trainers too. Melody and I met up together even before the two of us met, actually. Back on route 30."

She paused as a blue-haired boy showed up with a Pidgey perched neatly on top of his head. The show of him casually walking in with a bird on top of his head made Christina smile. She'd never seen this guy before, but he seemed really interesting, and moreover, Melody seemed to know him.

"Wow, we're getting quite the crowd. This must really be serious." She commented, glancing over at Kurt as if for confirmation, all the while wondering when exactly Vincent was gonna show up, if he even was. After all, he did seem the type to change his mind and then not tell anyone about it.​

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Aberdeen and Blaine : New parters! The trade of a lifetime!​

At Melody's greeting and Christina's quick explanation about having met Blaine before, long time ago even, Aberdeen relaxed and shot his new acquaintance a smile.

"Cool. I'm Aberdeen, nice to meet you!" he said. "You and your Croconaw... I guess," he added, giving the water pokémon a raised eyebrow.

Derpy continued to tug at the Psyduck's wing, jabbering rather loudly and in a conversational manner to the duck. He let his other arm flail about to probably emphasis whatever points he was giving. Of course, Blaine nodded at Aberdeen, "Nice to meet you too. I guess this is a reunion of sorts, huh?" He looked down at Derpy and sighed as he saw the Croc was now trying to pull at the duck with both hands. "... And that is Derpy." He explained. "You'll understand the reason for the name soon."

"Is he the pokémon you got from Pine? He certainly seems... Determined. Maybe he's never seen a real Psyduck before," Aberdeen said, hands in pockets. "I caught it and its friend in Union Cave but we haven't really bonded yet."

"PSY!' The duck cried as he finally toppled back into Derpy as the Croconaw gave him a tight hug and held him up as he began to march back over to Blaine. "... And yeah, seems like he took a hostage."

"Croc!" Derpy said as he placed the trembling Psyduck before Blaine and patted his yellow head. The water type jabbered on as Blaine sighed, "Uh... sorry about this."

Aberdeen scratched his head. "Well, there's no harm in them being, uh, friends, I suppose. Right? Have you caught a lot of pokémon so far, Blaine?"

"Yeah." Blaine pointed to the balls on his waist, "I also have a lot more in the PC. I mean, it's what trainers do, right? Fill up the dex?"

"Wow, yeah I guess. That's one thing trainers can do. I only have one pokémon in the PC I think." He shuddered as he recalled which one it was. "You can also work hard with the few you've got, I'd say. But hey, you know what? Since I have two Psyduck and you want to fill up your pokédex... How about we make a trade? I've heard trainers do that too. Derpy doesn't seem like he'd object, at least."

In truth, Aberdeen had never traded pokémon before and was simply curious as to what it would be like to have a pokémon with him that was not from the wild. Chocolate didn't quite count, as Pine had not been a trainer. He was quite attached to all the pokémon on his team already, except possibly the Psyducks since they were still so new. Not to mention odd.

Derpy let out a loud gurgle and hugged the Psyduck tightly as he gurgled happily. Blaine looked down and knew that if he tried to take that Psyduck away the Croconaw would just bite his hand off instead. "Sure. Let's see... Oh!" Blaine grabbed one ball and let out the Dratini from her small sphere, "I have this water type. Dratini. Caught it in the cave back there."

"Haha, a Dratini!" Aberdeen laughed and bent down to give it a closer look. "Morgan's got one of these!" He glanced over in the girl's direction and saw that she was too busy paying attention to the girls and some other new boy who arrived, to notice Blaine's and Aberdeen's exchange. "I would love to see what face she'd make if she realized I'd got one too. Hello!" he said and carefully extended an open hand towards the dragon.

The pokémon slowly leaned its head to the side before it bent its long neck slightly to just barely touch his fingers with its nose. Or whatever the big round thing in its face was. In any case, Deen was content.

"Alright then. How, uh, does a trade actually work? Do we just exchange their pokéballs or do we have to sign a contract or...?"

"Kids nowadays," a voice suddenly interrupted them. It was Kurt, walking up behind Deen with his hands linked behind his back. "Of course you can simply exchange pokéballs. These new, fancy machines for trading they have at pokémon centers are just for registration purposes. When you capture a new pokémon it won't show up in databases associated with your name until you put it inside the PC or leave it for healing anyways. If you really want it to officially show that you did not capture this pokémon alone, you can just ask a nurse at the pokémon center to edit the info manually. But why bother, really?" he finished with another sigh.

"Hehe, alright then," Aberdeen repeated and took up the pokéball belonging to "Too" the Psyduck in his hand with a smile towards Blaine.

Blaine likewise held out the Dratini's ball to Aberdeen. "I'll take care of him." Blaine said with a nod, "At least whatever is happening tonight can be a training exercise of sorts. Shouldn't be that hard, right?"

"Right!"

They exchanged the pokéball in a moment of silence, during which the Dratini and Psyduck looked on wide eyed. Well, the Psyduck as well as he could in Derpy's clutches.

Deen held up the new pokéball and looked from it to the dragon. "That's it then?"

"That's it!" Kurt agreed.

"Welcome to the team, Dratini!"

A red beam shot out from the ball, enveloping the dragon before sucking it inside. The sphere merely rocked once in Aberdeen's hand, as if the pokémon could feel that something had shifted. But it stayed still and silent after that. The trade was complete.

Likewise as the balls were traded Derpy leaned down to whisper something in the Psyduck's ear. The duck's eyes shot wide open in fear, but before he could say anything Blaine recalled him and tossed the ball up and down in his hand. "Alright. Well, thanks for this. And it's another mon to put in my dex."

"Yeah, thanks Blaine. I'll raise her well, of course. Now... Do you know who that is?" Deen asked, pointing towards a new arrival who had just approached the others. But only a second after saying that, Deen recognized him. "Oh. Him."

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aberdeen
    Psyduck grew to lv 17!
    Terribolt (Flaaffy) grew to lv 16 and learned Charge!
    Hero (Honedge) grew to lv 15!

Blaine
    Legious (Nincada) grew to lv 15!
    Dratini grew to lv 16 and learned Dragon Rage!
    Derpy (Croconaw) grew to lv 27! omfg 3 more levels until evolution >.<

Aberdeen and Blaine traded Psyduck for Dratini!​

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Vincent Baker
    Chapter 08: The Midnight Meeting

Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    Pokemon
    Spoiler:

The night sky was a work of art waiting to be captured. The cool air sent a slight chill through Vincent's spine but the glint of the stars kept him entranced. In fact, all he could really think about was trying to hammer out the details and do the beautiful night sky justice in his pad. Holding a flashlight in his mouth, his hands worked meticulously with one holding the drawing pad and the other his pen as he sketched everything out. It was a rough drawing, hardly his best, but the moment of Zen was needed. Ever since he left Violet City, Vincent was occupied one way or another. If he wasn't traveling with Melody and hearing her stories and attempts to make small talk, he was saving her from hordes of Pokemon. If he wasn't having Pokemon stolen, he was searching for stolen Pokemon. If he wasn't clearing the air with Christina, he was in intense Gym battles.

Everywhere he turned, there were people and things he didn't expect to deal with on this Pokemon journey. Vincent, when he left home, thought everything would be cut and dry. Go to city, battle Gym Leader, go to city, battle Gym Leader, repeat. Oh, and maybe catch a couple Pokemon and beat a hapless kid here and there. Nothing as stressful as the crap he had to put up with.

Putting the pad down for a moment and the flashlight beside him, Vincent reached over a sandwich he picked up early. He sat back and took grandeur at the measly meal he purchased. Considering he was half asleep and half poor, it was amazing he got two slices of bread with some deli meat in the middle. He choose turkey with some Unovian cheese and slapped a little bit of mustard on it and called it a day. He would kill for some hot sauce, preferring spicy food but at this point he couldn't be picky.

"Hey Hanzo, come here for a second," Vincent called casually. Springing from the darkness, jumping down in such a manner that he probably perched himself in a tree, a strange habit he seemed to pick up from Brian, though considering he has progressively become more mysterious since his evolution it could easily be a new trait altogether, Hanzo stood beside Vincent as the trainer reclined on the park bench. "What do you think of this drawing so far?" Vincent asked, showing the pad to this first Pokemon as he took a big bite of his sandwich. Hanzo merely nodded, seemingly pleased but hardly ecstatic. "Meh, you are just being all gentlemanly again. It's not the good, huh?" Hanzo took a step back, gesturing with his arms that he didn't mean it like that. "Yeah, yeah. Sure. Sometimes I wish you didn't take after me at all. We can't have too much attitude on this team. We got enough with Brian and his laziness already."

Vincent took another bite and looked up, picking up the pad as he shaded in the sky, feeling the sketch only really need some finishing touches. The moonlight shone on Vincent, providing enough light for the work that needed to be done. A big swallow of his meal and a moment or two of diligence and Vincent called it a night, dropping the pad on his lap and tucking the pen behind his ear. "You know something, Hanzo? This whole thing isn't like I pictured it at all," Vincent said as he stared up at the stars, watching one fall before his eyes. "I ran away from home expecting to clean up some kids here and there, collect a bunch of badges, march my way to the Pokemon League and leave a champion. And here I am," Vincent sat up, looking at his curious Pokemon. "I got a bunch of people calling me their…friend. I didn't come here to make friends! I…I have a job to do…and I'm wasting time, I feel…you know?" Hanzo, cocked his head back, completely dumbfounded at what Vincent was saying. Maybe it was because what his trainer was saying didn't make sense, at least not to the frog Pokemon. "I just wonder how they would see me right now. I'm doing this for them and I feel like I'm failing them since I haven't won yet. I mean, I'm cleaning up messes left by this Team Rock- Oh crap. Hanzo, what time is it?!" Hanzo just pointed up at the moon, seeing how the moon was a natural clock and the Pokemon had little concept of technology. Vincent looked up, the pen falling to the ground. "Aw man, that thing is awfully high in the sky. I'm probably late as hell."

Vincent, in a panic, precariously stuff his pad in the bag, grabbed his pen and stowed in his pocket. Leaping onto his skateboard, Vincent bolted towards towards the Pokemon Center with Hanzo following behind, jumping from tree to tree silently but keeping a keen eye on his trainer and his directions. In due time, Vincent had reached the Pokemon Center. Hopping off his skateboard, he picked it up and flung it over his shoulder, holding it with his left hand. With a whistle, he ordered Hanzo to follow closely behind him.

Shuffling quietly, Vincent came to the small clearing behind the Pokemon Center. Gathered in a group, he noticed a handful of trainers he recognized: Melody, Christina and Aberdeen (who Vincent was entirely curious how the runt got an invite). There was another handful of trainers whom Vincent did not recognize. Regardless, they knew about the meeting somehow, so Vincent assumed they were not completely helpless.

"Well, looks like we got a small army going. Let's get going then. I got places to be in the morning and I'd rather this not take all night."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Bugsy & Kurt
    Azalea Town, chapter 8

Before anybody could react properly to Vincent's arrival, a door opened in the wall behind them. Bugsy's soft face peeked out, an almost mischievous grin plastered on it.

"Is it everybody?" he asked Kurt.

"Seems so," Kurt nodded. "Come on, everybody. Follow Bugsy. Hurry!"

The old man shuffled the teenagers in through the door, where they discovered some sort of large storage room, only dimly lit from lamps in the ceiling. Apart from countless cardboard boxes and items belonging to the pokémon center, there was also a bench where two piles of black clothing lay. Bugsy walked up to the bench and held up a shirt from one of the piles.

"See this?" he asked them and pointed towards the chest of the shirt. A big, red R was printed there. "This is their formal attire, it's what they wear inside the base or when they actually want people to notice them. And by 'they', I mean... Team Rocket, of course. The criminal organization that ravaged Kanto some years ago."

"There's no time to tell them the whole story now," Kurt scoffed impatiently from his place near the door.

"I'm not sending kids into the middle of their base without telling them the truth," Bugsy said sternly.

"Truth, eh? There's time for truths later." He turned to the 'kids'. "What you need to know now is that we have reason to believe that your stolen pokémon, and others, are being held in Team Rocket's base below what we call Slowpoke Well. It's an old cave system to the northeast of Azalea. But this is not their main base, and their security is anything but water tight. We are pretty sure that they don't even know about our organization investigating them - well, they are naturally suspicious of the good natured gym leader of course-"

"Organization?" Aberdeen suddenly interrupted. "What organization?"

"Not now," Kurt pressed on. "Later.

"Sorry for this rush, but we don't know how long this will take and they are - surprisingly enough - less active in the night. So we want to get going as soon as possible," Bugsy said, pointing at the clothes on the bench again. "These should fit all of you well enough. Boys' clothing here and women's clothing there. We will enter the base as a returning scouting group and then split up into pairs to perform some crucial missions. If you pair up with someone you trust and hop into the disguise, and then come talk to me..."

The group started scuffling around to find trousers or skirts that fit them, and decide whom to enter the criminal gang's base together with. After some appropriate bickering, the group, now stealthed in black clothing, moved as swiftly as they could out from Azalea Town. All pokémon had been returned to their pokéballs, as Bugsy said it was important that they didn't show their true teams until it was absolutely necessary. As in, if their cover was blown.

The plans had been gone through. They would enter the base through the front door, using a codeword professor Pine had picked up while monitoring TR's transmissions: VIRIDIAN. They would claim to be a group returning from a snatching mission on Route 32, but well inside the base, they would split up. Only Christina and Melody would make their way to where the pokémon were being held, claiming to have a batch of new stolen 'mons to deliver.

Blaine and Riley would have to be the quickest ones, making their way to the security control room and somehow gain control. Or, worst case, disable the system entirely - without setting off an alarm!

After that, the others could move around freely. Aberdeen and Morgan would find the vault that was believed to exist in this base, and do their best to retrieve something that was stolen from Pine earlier.

And Vincent got the mission to go with Bugsy - who was "disguised" as a woman in a skirt - to find and incapacitate the TR admin in charge of the base.

They could only hope that the criminals were of as low intelligence as they seemed, and that everything would go smoothly. As Kurt hid near the ancient well that was the namesake of the caverns and entrance, the group made their way down on the sturdy ladder. After only a few meter into the darkness, they were apprehended by Rocket grunts. The codeword and explanation worked wonders though - apparently they were much in need of this new batch of stolen pokémon. They were led to a set of doors that looked oddly modern in the ancient cave wall, and let inside without much further ado. Even Bugsy was a bit amazed, and he hoped that they had not been tricked already...

It was time to split up. "Remember, try not to get discovered. And if your mission is compromised, call Kurt on your pokégear. Good luck!" Bugsy told them in hushed tones before he took off with Vincent.

You are allowed to portray the underground base in whatever words or images you like.
    Rocket grunts are kind of dumb people.
    Please JP :)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Christina & Melody
    Chapter 08: The Dynamic Duo!

Following the meeting and planning with Kurt and Bugsy, Melody and Christina found themselves making their way into the Team Rocket hideout. Hopefully, the grunts of the organization would be easily fooled by the uniforms that the two girls had changed into prior to heading for the Rocket base. That said, the uniforms were a bit... different compared to the type of clothing that Melody had usually decided to wear. The girl was never really a big fan of skirts. Ever since she was a little girl, Melody had often insisted on wearing jeans or shorts.

Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    Pokemon
    Spoiler:

"I think I could over look them for this whole little thing if it wasn't for one thing," Melody sighed, once more fidgeting with the hem of her skirt. The shorter of the two girls grabbed hold of the end and tugged it down again, frowning as it did little to bring the comfort to the whole situation. "Why are they so short? Are these just smaller uniforms, or do the girls in this organization actually wear them like this?"

"I dunno, Melody..." Christina mused, looking down herself while they were walking, stretching her arms a little back and forth and giving her own skirt a little tug. "I kind of think I look really good like this." She looked up, sending her friend a little grin. "Maybe I should consider actually joining Team Rocket, if it meant getting to wear an outfit like this."

Behind the two girls, Shade the Haunter was floating along, right besides Franky, the Sandile. The ghost glanced from the two girls, down at the croc, sending him a sly grin, complimented by a snicker.

Melody shot a look of disbelief in Christina's direction. "Well, it works for you! Your legs fill it out better!" She crossed her arms and huffed. "Besides that... Wouldn't that make you a criminal or something? I really don't wanna think of you getting arrested or something."

Franky gurgled back towards the Haunter in response. His little eyelids wriggled in response, quickening in his pace to try and get a better view. Somehow or another, the Sandile managed to get up and behind Christina just enough for a proper peek up her skirt. Franky released a quiet, yet pleased gurgle at the sight. He was clearly enjoying this mission so far.

Shade let out a silent laugh while holding his non-existant belly at Franky's antics, the ghost shaking his head and deciding to float down besides his new friend with a hand put around the Sandile's 'shoulder'.

Rolling her eyes, Christina sent Melody a little smile. "Come on, I was just joking. About joining, at least. I still say the outfit looks good. Minus the hat, though." She frowned, lifting a hand to push the brim of the hat a little further back, as it kept slipping down in front of her eyes. "Anyway... I think they said it was down this corridor and then... to the right. Then straight on, and we should be there."

She paused, glancing to the shorter girl with a somewhat worried look. "Are you sure you're up for this, Mel'? It's probably going to be really dangerous, even-" She paused as a male and female pair of Rockets passed them, giving a brief nod, Christina and Melody nodding quickly back. Chris' cleared her throat and continued, quieter. "- Even with the security system knocked out."

Melody nodded. "Well... Yeah, I mean, this whole thing is nerve-wracking. But... I have to do it. I can't leave Napoleon here or let someone else rescue him. He's my responsibility. If I didn't go to get him back myself, then that... Morgan would never let me live it down." She managed to flash Christina a small grin of her own. "Besides, I wouldn't be a good friend if I let you go down here all by yourself."

The two girls and their Pokémon continued to make their way down the dimly lit corridor. When taking into account the more rustic look of Azalea Town or even the dark, dank cave inside of the Slowpoke Well, it was hard for Melody to believe that they were technically still in the same place. The whole place looked like some place out of a science fiction movie. The sound of their boots clanking against the metal flooring could be heard echoing through the long and wandering hall. The air inside was a bit on the chilly side, sending a shiver running down Melody's back as she quickened her pace slightly.

Noticing her friend's sudden silence, Christina was about to say something, as they rounded the corner she mentioned earlier. However, she was forced to quiet down, as just a little bit further down the hall, were two male grunts, one leaning against the right wall, with long, black hair and a version of the Rocket shirt with a high collar, covering up his mouth, and another guy seemingly fiddling with a vending machine, who looked younger and had red bangs poking out under the hat.

"Ugh, come on... come on! It swallowed my coin again!" the one at the machine complained, frowning as he kicked the machine, instantly hopping back with a yelp of pain, limping for a moment before resting his foot gently onto the floor.

The other one rolled his eyes and simply shook his head before catching sight of the two girls having slowed their pace down the corridor. "... Oi. Jeffrey."

Jeffrey as he was apparently called, looked up and raised his brows, quickly looking back at the slightly older guy at the wall as if silently asking him a question. The leaning grunt nodded his head and gave Jeffrey a thumbs up before crossing his arms over his chest again.

Jeffrey turned back to the girls, looking worried for a moment before taking a deep breath, putting on a smile and taking a step forwards, standing in the middle of the already small corridor. "Hello there, ladies! What are you up to this lovely, starry night?"

The two girls came to a stop, Christina's expression turning from worry, to a sort of confused bafflement. "... Uh. What? We're... inside. You can't even see the sky."

The young grunt looked as if he'd just been punched in the gut, his mouth falling open before shutting again, looking over his shoulder desperately at the other man, who was promptly ignoring him. Clearing his throat, he turned back, focusing his attention on Melody instead. "I, well, uh, just came from outside half an hour ago! And... it was nice out there! Hi, I'm Jeffrey."

Melody would have been lying if she would have said she did not feel a slight bit of discomfort from how Jeffrey was looking at her. A small blush quickly tinged up at her cheeks as she looked down towards the ground for a moment. The girl realized that she had two choices at this point. She could have either blown the man and his friend off, but chances are that would have made Christina and herself look more... awkward and suspicious. So, she did the only other thing she could think of.

"My name is Melody," the shorter girl said, glancing back up at the man with a weak smile. "It's nice to meet you, Jeffrey."

Jeffrey definitely brightened up as Melody introduced herself while Christina gave Melody a 'Really?' look, but stayed quiet.

"Hah, you too, Melody! That's a very nice name, by the way. So, how did you join? I kinda joined with my friend, because I wanted to go see the world and make a bit of money on the side at the same time, but at first I was like 'But Team Rocket is evil, isn't it', which is what I honestly thought, but then there was this thing, where a gym leader just didn't care for what happened in his city, and I-"

At this point, Christina stepped in, lifting a hand to stop Jeffrey, who instantly shut up as she moved forwards. "Okay, right, listen Jeffrey, me and my -colleague- here are needed down in the holding cells, so if you don't mind, we're kind of busy."

Jeffrey fiddled with his gloves, once more looking back at his friend, who'd been following the conversation with a half-interested look past the brim of his hat. He gave a shake of his head, giving Jeffrey a thumb's down.

Turning back to the girls, the younger boy, who was probably around 15, but an entire head shorter than Christina, puffed his chest out somewhat. "A-actually... I do mind! I'm not... going to move."

Christina blinked, looking surprised before folding her arms across her chest. "... Oh yeah? And why's that?"

Swallowing down at the sight of the rather intimidating girl, Jeffrey stood his ground. "Because I challenge you to a Pokémon fight! If you win, I'll let you pass." He paused, planting a hand at his hip and pointing his other hand's finger at Melody. "But if -I- win, you have to go on a date with me!"

Melody stood with wide eyes, trying to figure out how in the world she had suddenly found herself in this sort of position. She looked between Jeffrey and Christina, trying to desperately find some sort of escape from this situation. A much more nervous smile quickly over took Melody's original smile as she motioned towards Christina.

"Are you serious? I mean, Tina here is much more prettier than I am, you know?" she suggested. "I mean, compared to her, I'm just some sort of plain-Jane, yeah?"

Jeffrey didn't seem deterred at all, sending Melody something that might possibly be interpreted as a confident smile, if you could discount his nervous sweating.

The red-haired girl stared in disbelief at the smaller boy for a few seconds, before simply grabbing his collar, pulling his closer with an almost inaudible 'Augh!' from him, his arms flailing through the air as he was grabbed. "Okay, listen here pipsqueak. We're -busy-, and you're -not- going to challenge anyone to a duel, or go on any dates with my friends. Understood? Now, either you move, or I'm going to move you -for- you."

"W-Wait a minute..." Melody suddenly said, taking hold of Christina's sleeve and then motioning for the red-haired girl to come off to the side with her. "Come here for a minute, Chrissie..."

Furrowing her brows, Chris' glanced at Melody, then back at the boy who was basically shielding his face with his arms. She let go of him and gave him a look, before moving over to the side with Melody, looking rather annoyed. "What is it Mel'...?"

"Maybe... Maybe I should battle him real quick..." Melody whispered. She paused glancing over at Jeffrey for a moment, offering him yet another weak smile before continuing. "I kinda... feel sorry for him, I think."

"Wh- are you serious?" Christina's eyes widened, looking back at Jeffrey, who was looking kind of awkward at the moment before looking back to Melody, looking confused. "... You really wanna fight him because you feel sorry for him?"

"Well... I mean..." Melody hesitated, rubbing the back of her head nervously. "A bit. I dunno, there's just something about his friend, you know? I get the feeling this guy is sort of a jerk to him..." Melody paused, glancing at the red-haired, older man in the duo. She leaned close and whispered. "Besides, it'd help us keep our cover a bit better, yeah?"

Christina opened her mouth to say something, but shut it again. She folded her arms across her chest and took a deep breath through her nose, slowly nodding her head. "... Yeah, I guess you're right. Okay... fine. Go ahead and fight him. But you better win! We can't afford to get sidetracked like this again."

Melody nodded and returned her attention towards Jeffrey. She gave the boy a much warmer smile than previously and nodded. "Alright, after some deliberation, I've decided to accept your terms. But I gotta warn you, I'm super tough. So if you wanna back out, this is your last chance to do it!"

Jeffrey raised a hand, clenching it to a fist while smiling brightly. "Hah, alright, you're on! But I'll have you know that I'm the up-and-coming star of the Rocket grunts!"

Rolling her eyes, Christina stepped over to the wall, leaning against it with a still semi-annoyed look on her face. She sent the other guy who was slightly to the right of her a look, catching him glancing at her over the high neck of his shirt, quickly looking back down at the ground, as if hoping she hadn't seen him.

Melody paused, thinking for a moment which of her team would be the best to handle this battle. At first, she had planned on using Blossom. However with the Bayleef being shiny like Sindy, the brown-haired girl began to wonder if maybe that would raise suspicions against who the two girls actually were. She glanced down, taking notice of Franky.

"Alright, I'll go with you!" Melody decided. "Franky, you're up!"

The little Sandile let out a gurgle and nodded before waddling his way forward in front of Melody. A somewhat excited look had taken over the Ground-type's features. Clearly, he was looking forward to this little skirmish.

"Not bad! And I'll pick Alice!" He unclipped a pokéball from his belt, opening it and letting out a Poochenya, who let out an excited bark, looking eager to get into a scrap as well. "Alright Alice, let's start this off with a Howl!"

The Poochenya lifted its head and let out a loud howl, which caused Franky to look quite a bit startled from the loud echo the sound produced. The little Sandile took a step back, wincing as he tried to shake off the ringing it was hearing from such a loud attack.

"Come on, Franky! Don't let it get to you, already!" Melody encouraged. "Shake it off and give it a Bite!"

The Sandile gurgled with glee and leapt forward towards the Poocheyna. Franky opened his large mouth wide, baring his rather sharp and shiny teeth at Alice in the process.

"Alice, dodge it!" Jeffrey called out, sounding almost scared for his Pokémon. The Poochenya managed to move somewhat, but its leg was still caught in Franky's jaws, causing her to yelp in pain.

"O-okay! You can do better than that! Use Bite as well!"

With a low growl, the small dog bared her own teeth before biting down on Franky's neck, leaving the two locked in a battle of teeth and jaws. Franky let out a pain filled growl of his own, the little Sandile shuddering as Melody's eyes widened at the sight playing out in front of her. She needed to pry the Poochenya off of Franky, and quick.

"Franky, shake her loose with Rage!" Melody called out.

The Sandile began to do just that. In a rather unique manner, he began to thrash and stomp his feet. It almost it looked as if Franky was thowing some sort of temper tantrum from the looks of it. Franky even went as far as to try and spin around and slam Alice against the floor.

The Poochenya whimpered from the damage that kept piling onto it, but kept a firm grip of the Sandile with its jaws. Jeffrey was flustering, opening and closing his mouth before seemingly snapping out of his panic-attack. "Alice! I, uh... Sand Attack! Distract him!"

The dog managed to kick the legs that weren't currently being chomped on, somehow managing to produce a handful of sand, which was kicked straight into Franky's face, in the hopes of disorienting him and possibly even letting go.

All the while the battle was going on, Christina was still leaned against the wall, watching it with interest. Despite being pressed for time and being extremely worried about whether or not Sindy was actually here, she couldn't help but admire both of the trainers' ways of battling.

She glanced a little to the right, having noticed the other, older guy shuffling closer. He looked like he was trying a little hard to come off as mysterious, with his hat pulled down low and the version of the Rocket shirt with the high collar, only barely showing his face, all the while leaning against the wall with one foot pushed back against it.

Seemingly noticing Christina's glance, he gave her a solemn nod and a quiet mutter. "Alex. Hey there."

"Christina. Also not interested." She commented before looking back to the battle. Alex doubled a little forward from the instant rejection and promptly shuffled back over to the right, not breaking his 'cool pose'.

Back in the heat of the battle, the Sandile closed his eyes tightly as a quick kick of sand managed get into his eyes. He slammed his back against the wall one final time, which managed to somehow knock the Poocheyna off of his back. Franky wasted no time in scurrying away from Alice at this point, trying to put some distance between himself and the small dog, leaving her wobbling unsteadily, panting for air.

"Well, this was fun... But we really need to get back to work here..." Melody thought. She gave a worried look towards her Sandile, realizing that it would probably not be for the best to wear the little guy out, just in case he would be needed further into the mission. "Franky, we need to keep her back so we can finish her off! Use Sand Tomb, now!"

The Sandile squinted his eyes, trying to see as best he could given his current situation. Franky took a deep breath, before beginning to blow out a sandy stream of air towards the Poochenya. Already weakened by the Sandile's attacks from before, Alice shook her head, stumbling backwards as the stream of windy sand hit her square in the face with force.

Jeffrey grit his teeth before shaking his head softly in defeat. "Alice, you did great. Come on back." He raised his pokéball and recalled her in a flash of red light, sighing quietly as he looked up at Melody again. "... Man. You're one tough girl."

"Well... Of course!" Melody replied, giving a small smirk towards Jeffrey. "We wouldn't be able to be the great and powerful Team Rocket if we weren't, right?"

"Heh... yeah, I guess not." He gave a faint smile, lifting a hand to rub the back of his head before taking a step to the side, gesturing down the corridor. "Anyway, I guess you earned your pass. But... don't think this is the last you've seen of me, Melody! I'm going to train even harder, and then I'll defeat you and you'll -have- to go on a date with me!" He finished, smiling confidently.

Melody's faltered back a bit, clearly not sure of how to respond to the fact that she had more or less just gained a fan... or stalker, depending on how one would look at it. She quickly shot a glance over towards Christina, asking her friend for help with a pleading look in her eyes.

The red-haired girl just smiled and rolled her eyes, pushing herself off the wall, stepping over to the two as she grabbed her friend's hand. "Alright, well, it was nice meeting you two, but we -really- have to get going now. Come on Mel'!"

As Melody was being dragged off by Christina, Jeffrey stepped over to where Alex was leaning on the wall, the younger boy waving at the girls and Franky waddling off down the corridor. "Wow... she was really cool." He muttered.

Alex tilted his head a little back, giving Jeffrey a small glance under the brim of his hat. "You did well. Nice." He paused, recieving a bright smile from Jeffrey, before shifting to leaning the other foot against the wall. "... Got her name. Christina."

Jeffrey's jaw dropped, staring at his friend in amazement. "You did? But she was just about to beat me up! She was ice-cold, and you got her name? You're so cool, Alex! Thank you so much for helping me with this."

"H-heh. I know. It's no problem." The older boy replied, trying not to sound like he'd just been through the scariest moments of his life.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Vincent & Bugsy
    Slowpoke Well Base

"Why do you have to be here to babysit me?" Vincent questioned quietly as Bugsy and he traveled through the Team Rocket Base.

Since splitting from the others, Vincent was admittedly at a loss of what exactly to do as "stealth" was not exactly in his skill set. Even when he was roaming the backstreets of Goldenrod City, he was something of a hit and run kind of person. It was never about ensuring no one saw him commit the crime or prank, it was simply about getting away with the act. It was far simpler to do it his way than his calculated approach that Bugsy and Kurt had planned out. All he had to do was take out the Admin and the operation would come tumbling down. So, why bother with this gentle approach. Run in with Pokemon blazing and the problem would be solved.

"Because if I sent you in alone with the Admin as your target, you'd run in pokémon blazing. Isn't that right?" Bugsy said calmly, not even turning to look at Vincent under his cap. "I battled you. You are far from a complete mystery to me, Vincent."

Vincent stopped walking and looked at Bugsy with a deadpan stare: "Did...did you just read my mind?"

Bugsy simply smiled at the younger man.

"Let's see. We need to find the resident admin and isolate him somehow. Don't want too many grunts around to make things difficult when we approach him. Because we are not charging in, but we are going directly for him."

Vincent rolled his eyes and looked at Bugsy. All the sneaking around was making the brash trainer impatient as he took a deep breath. If plans had to be made, Vincent rather keep it simple than overcomplicate everything some elaborate plan that would likely fail because something, somewhere would go run. A betting man would put some money on Aberdeen likely screwing up considering how much of a coward the boy was back in Alph, but Vincent was clinging to what little hope he had in the trainer that the other person he was with would carry through his bumbling mistakes. "How about we just...go to the Admin's office then? You bothered to get disguises for a reason didn't you?"

"I feel the need to repeat the part about not wanting too many grunts around when we approach him," Bugsy said gently as they turned around a corner and spotted a roomier hallway and a pair of elaborate doors some twenty meters ahead.

At least five Rocket grunts hung around the hallway, and even if they didn't exactly look alert, it could be assumed that they were positioned there for a reason.

"We know that this isn't where they are holding the pokémon, and it certainly isn't the security office," Bugsy said in low voice that almost made his girly outfit seem wrong for real. "It's either the vault Aberdeen and Morgan are looking for, or the very place you and I have been meaning to find: the admin office. What do you think?"

Vincent stared intently down the hallway, looking around the area for any clues. Far from the smartest person in the room, Vincent often relied on his gut feeling, his intuition to guide his actions. In this moment, he found himself calling upon his gut once again. "I don't know," he admitted. "But something tells me, we are where we need to be."

Again, Bugsy just looked at him calmly. He nodded. "We'll trust your gut feeling, then. It's bad if we snoop around too much, but we'll give it one shot."

He then walked down the corridor, back straight and face casual, until the grunts all stood up and looked at the 'woman' and her companion approaching.

"We need to speak to the admin."

"Too bad. He's busy. And you should know that," a female grunt that was at least a whole head taller than Bugsy said, moving up to stand less than a meter in front of the gym leader in disguise.

"It's urgent."

"Too bad," the Rocket member repeated, eyes narrow.

A few seconds passed by, during which Bugsy's pale eyes and the grunt's fiery ones met in silence. Vincent watched the staring contest, but realizing that little was going to be accomplished with grace and tact, the taller man grabbed the Rocket Grunt by the shoulder and shoved her into the nearby wall with a quick burst of strength. "How about you see if our boss is really that busy before you jump to conclusions?"

The male grunts around them let out gasps of surprise at the sudden action, and so did Bugsy. But the grunt herself only gaped for a second before she grinned, eyes even more fiery than before.

"This isn't the dirty outdoors, boy," she hissed. "This is the one corridor in Azalea where we behave. Clearly, you missed that memo."

"Vincent..." Bugsy mumbled warningy behind the trainer, eyes wary on the grunts.

"But if you are so keen on showing off, why don't you do me a favor and give me some amusement in my boring guard shift," the Rocket member said, still not much more than a hiss. "Or are you too busy for a little battle?"

Vincent smirked, releasing his weak grip on the female grunt. "How about we raise the stakes while we are at it then?" He suggested. Taking a step back, Vincent looked around the hallway. "If we win, you get us a meeting with the boss. And if you win...well, what would you want if you somehow beat us?"

The grunts began to chuckle, Bugsy nervously imitating them, but the woman just sighed. "I told you, he is busy. But on your head be it, if you want to storm in and disturb him. If I win, however..." She eyed him up and down. "I get one of your pokémon."

"Alright. But I pick which one you get. Since you can't guarantee me a meeting with the boss, I won't guarantee you a good Pokemon," Vincent countered. "Deal?"

"Vincent, no!" Bugsy said, not even whispering at this point. "This is not what we came here for."

"Oh shut it, girlygirl," the woman said, rolling her eyes at the gym leader before turning back to Vincent. "Deal. I'm sure any of yours are strong, am I right? I haven't seen you before, but my name is Jayle. Now, show me what you got, manboy."

Without further ado, she sent out a pokémon right next to her, forcing one of the other grunts to jump aside. It was a Houndoom, and it wasn't exactly a small one either. The hallway, albeit roomy, wasn't the best place for any battle involving it.

Vincent turned to Bugsy, as Jayle prepared her Houndoom for battle: "No, this is exactly what we came here to do! But if you can't grow a pair to talk to the Boss, then I will have to do this for us!" He countered, maintaing the facade that Bugsy was close to breaking. After feeling what was a schooling towards Bugsy, Vincent forced himself back as the Houndoom snapped at Vincent and Bugsy. Hardly willing to risk losing by any stretch, Vincent clicked a Pokeball off his belt and tossed it into the field of battle. With a leap out of the ball, Hanzo, his Frogadier, took center stage and locked eyes with the Houndoom.

Bugsy facepalmed but tried to keep a straight face on otherwise. He couldn't just stop Vincent now without things looking weird. He just hoped that this would be a good idea.

The stare down between the Houndoom and Hanzo did not last long as Vincent, desperate to make the first move, called for an attack: "Use Quick Attack!"

Narrowing his eyes, Hanzo sprinted forth and drove an elbow forward, spiking the Houndoom back into the fall for an extra shred of damage. The narrow hallway, as far as Vincent saw it at the moment, was a tactical resource. If Hanzo could keep the Houndoom cornered and its back to a wall, it would demand desperate action. Clever jukes and dodges would leave Vincent with opportunities that Hanzo could seize advantages from. The only way they could lose this if somehow they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. The confidence painted a bright picture on Vincent's face as his once vile smirk twisted into a haughty grin.

"Strength!" Jayle ordered.

With a quick recovery, Houndoom bashed Hanzo with a swing of its horned head, bashing Hanzo back into the opposite wall with a loud crash, as the thick wall cracked from the impact. Hanzo fell back like ragdoll, sinking into a feeble position. Vincent's grin dropped into an expression more akin to doubt than anything else. Yet as concerned as Vincent was for a moment, Hanzo did not lose his composure as picked himself up into a kneeling position.

"Now finish this with a Thunder Fang!" Jayle yelled with a gesture of her fist.

The Grunt knew her types, which didn't make Vincent any happier, as the Houndoom bared its fangs and charged towards Hanzo with reckless abandon having already smelled blood in the water.

Hanzo did not react, waiting for the perfect opening. The Houndoom's charge turned into a pounce as electricity gathered in its mouth. The arc of the jump was heading downwards. Their minds in sync, Vincent signaled: "Now!" Gathering a small burst of energy in its own mouth, Hanzo fired a Water Pulse, with a blast of energy fired through a ring of water. The Water Pulse collided with Houndoom's Thunder Fang with the opposing types struggling in a flash of power. However, Hanzo's affinity for water and superior positioning caused the Houndoom to be launched back, bashing the ceiling before crumbling the ground.

"What the—grrr, stop messin' around!" Jayle spurned on to the Houndoom. "Smack him with Ember!" The Houndoom, while prone on the ground fired a quick blast of flame, which the wounded Hanzo couldn't avoid as the fickle of fire grazed his skin. "Now, use Bite!"

Hanzo shrugged off the fire as quick as he could, as the Houndoom followed through with a Bite attack. Hanzo braced for impact, attempting to catch the attack with its hands, closing its eyes to envision the attack and sense its presence like a meditative spirit. Vincent never really bought into such things, but Hanzo, ever since his evolution became all the more engrained in such techniques and thoughts. But the Houndoom was stronger than he, and the reckless abandon of Jayle's Pokemon barged through the nimble defenses of Hanzo. The Bite dug into Hanzo's shoulder.

"Hanzo! Use Bubble!" With the Houndoom locking its jaws, Hanzo cocked his head to the side and fired off a point blank Bubble attack, the water attack swarming Houndoom's face. The pain unbearable, the Houndoom was forced to relinquish its grip. On instinct, Hanzo pushed himself away, and perched himself back near the middle of the makeshift battlefield. "Alright, use Smokescreen!" Hanzo stretched back and spat forth a thick black cloud of smoke, covering most of the hallway in the mist. As this point, Vincent could read most of Jayle's tactics, and it seemed, like Vincent, she enjoyed a direct confrontation (though Vincent ironically enough was almost always conceiving out of the box defensive techniques).

"Aw, what the hell?" Jayle coughed, as Hanzo's Smokescreen spread out. "Houndoom," she continued to cough. "Use Inferno!"

Between coughs, Jayle ordered for a move that Vincent near heard of, however soon enough he gathered something of a clue. Even through the thick smoke, Vincent could see the red energy of Houndoom gather, with an aura of flame consuming the fire type and glowing brightly.

"No! Get away, Vincent!" Bugsy suddenly called out from behind them, where he had stood mostly silent together with the laughing Rocket grunts for most part of the battle.

Before Vincent could order Hanzo to dodge, brace himself or prepare in any sort of way for the attack, it happened. A loud, piercing ring echoed throughout the hallway, festering in Vincent's ears as it continued to beep constantly. And rain…? No, sprinklers spread water throughout the hallway, drenching Vincent in seconds with soggy clothes. The Smokescreen thinned out and Vincent could see Jayle shocked as she looked over to her Houndoom, whose aura of fire was smoked out by the sprinkler system. The gathering of fire for the Inferno, combined with the Ember and the Smokescreen in the battle must have been enough for the automated fire alarm system to set off, literally snuffing out the fire from the battle.

Jayle was about to speak, when the big doors behind her opened up. The resident Team Rocket admin finally emerged, and apparently the sprinklers had gone off inside of his office too, because he was just as soaked as them. Instead of roaring at his subordinates for ruining his day though, he merely raised an eyebrow and looked sharply at the now suddenly nervous Jayle.

Bugsy took a step back to not stand out when the admin's eyes fell on the group of grunts, and tugged Vincent's arm to make him follow suit. But Vincent didn't budge an inch, only staring at the Admin as he silently addressed his true subordinates. There was a moment in which Vincent believed, or wanted to at least, for the droplets of water peppering everyone in the hallway to be playing tricks on him. But the image didn't leave his mind and even as Hanzo took a position on the other side of Vincent, tugging his other arm with more force that Bugsy was. Vincent, for the first time, was speechless as he only utter: "You..."

The Admin sighed at last. "I don't even want to know. Jayle, take the grunts with you and fetch something to clean this mess up with. If I see as much as a single drop of liquid in this corridor when I return, you are fired. All of you."

"Of course, sir!" Jayle said as he walked straight past her and continued towards Bugsy and Vincent in the corridor. "But where are you going? I thought you were-"

"One more question and you are more than fired," the Admin continued, without turning around.

He stepped past the petrified Vincent and into the corridor from which the infiltrators had come earlier.

"Now's our chance!" Bugsy hissed and tugged Vincent's sleeve harder, apparently without noticing what state the younger man was in. "We follow him and corner him!"

Vincent barely snapped out of his trance: "Oh, right!" With Hanzo sighing with a combination of concern and relief, Vincent shifted his stance and began to lead the way. The look of shock had left him almost completely, and now became something far more akin to determination, frustration and vehemence. "It's time to end this," he found himself saying.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Jayle's voice cut through the noise from the sprinklers when she noticed that Bugsy and Vincent took a different route than the rest of her grunts from the Admin corridor.

"Like I said before, we really need to speak with the Admin," Bugsy piped up and shot her a glare, deciding that it was his turn to be sharp now. "You better hurry up with your own orders if you want to keep your job!"

With that, the two infiltrators left the scene, ignoring the swearwords being thrown at them.​

Back