• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mach or Acro?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I chose Acro Bike because it's easier to control than Mach Bike. Besides, Acro Bike's speed is quite fast and reasonable too.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Acro Bike most of the time because I had so much fun with it. I use the Mach to get through places faster though I'm not good at controlling it so even with it, areas such as Sky Pillar were quite tough for me to complete.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I chose the Mach Bike because I like going fast fast fast! tbh never really chosen the Acro Bike before. I know you can switch it but it'd feel weird because I'm really used to the Mach Bake.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I went for the Mach Bike, as my primary reason for biking was for speed. It's still my favorite bike, and I generally switch to Acro only when I need it to reach some hard-to-get-to spot.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I like the Acro Bike because of the jumping! Though I have always picked the Mach Bike because it's a better form of utility--it's faster! On the topic of Mach Bikes, though, one thing I hated about using them was for the cracked floor puzzles. Ugh! The Mirage Tower and the Sky Pillar were REALLY frustrating when I first played through Emerald, haha.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Ah, well, I don't really have a personal favourite between the two really, I like them both! It does depend on each situation you're encountering though. Like the Acro Bike has a trick you can do to find pokemon in an unlimited time in the Safari Zone back on R/S/E, where you can just hop in a grass patch in one place, and you'll still be able to find pokemon! Plus, I think you should have the Acro Bike to explore more areas in the Safari Zone anyway~

Mach Bike is definitely great to boost speed, and I remember trying to beat my own time in the Cycling Road, hehe. Oh, and the Air Pillar. Mach Bike is important for that too. So all in all, I'll be more likely to switch between the two.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Definitely Mach Bike! It's handy for hatching eggs. Acro Bike is more like a gimmick item for me, it's only useful for hunting in the Safari Zone, as well as obtaining items in certain locations.

Back