• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Sigma Ultra: Hong Kong Revolution (SU/OOC) (M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years

Sigma Ultra
A Science Fiction Roleplay GMed by Aquataris and SYDAXARO220

Background

Just 80 years after the UK relinquished it's rule over Hong Kong, there occurred a huge revert in the powerhead of the nation. Melvin Bentley, the leader of the military force known as 'The Corps'; took control of the UK in a time of struggle. It was his influence that helped it return it to the military powerhouse it once was. As 'The Corps' grew, so did the ego of Melvin Bentley. He wanted power, he wanted embassy, he wanted empire!

With the aid of the US he decided that he would first retake Hong Kong. He succeeded. The 'Rebel War' was the first instance of Conflict in Hong Kong, between 'The Corps' and the Rebels. From that point on, the conflict continued. Melvin decided that those who didn't comply with his law, be segregated from those who did. Rather than letting those who rebelled live free, he decided to starve them of the luxuries that the rest of the world appreciate. These area would come to be known as the Dune Districts. This forced them into black market trade, and high levels of crime and interference-leading to harsh policing in these particular areas.

But it was only a matter of time before the rebellion would rise again.

You

As the Roleplayer; you will play the role of either a Corps soldier, working your way up the ranks and trying to make a name for yourself, or as a member of the rebellion, trying to get rid of those who have 'ruined' your country

CORPS-If you are a member of 'The Corps' you are seen as just another nameless pawn-cannon fodder. Are you though, or are you more than that? What or who do you fight for? Why did you join the Corps? Do you agree with the actions of Melvin Bentley? Your role is to police the streets, patrol homes and ensure civility in the Dune district. Sometimes, things get a little more complicated though.

REBELLION-As a member of the Rebellion, your life is valued. Though you're one of a few thousand, (and growing) you are seen as part of a team. There is no chain of command, there are no ranks to work up. Although there is a single leader. You will have to extort, mug, kill, bludgeon and maim to reach your goal. The rebellion is the beating heart of the Illegal Drugs Trade. The IDT is a wealthy yet risky buisness. You need money to fuel the feud against the government. Your goal is to take the Corps down.

Notable Figures

Melvin Bentley-The leader of the Corps and ruler of the UK's empire. He rules with an iron fist

Linton Fletcher-The man who now leads the rebellion. His is a well liked amongst the residents of the district and is known for his charismatic charm. However his face has only been seen by the early few who joined the rebellion

Swift-Hover Board racing is the most popular sport of the age. The leader of the 'Nova Break' race team, is the biggest celebrity of the age.

General Major Zhu-The dictator of Hong Kong. Although Melvin controls the empire, Hong Kong remain ruled by a leader. In this case General Zhu.

Judge Robin-The civil judge. She unlike judge Alexander, handle cases involving the general public.

Judge Alexander-The Corps judge. He unlike judge Robin, handles cases involving Corps soldiers

-Minor-

COMMANDERS-
Ivy-Commander of the Alpha sector
Lars-Commander of the Beta Sector
Romeo-Commander of Gamma Sector
Hendrickx-Commander of Delta Sector
Colonels-
Colonel Darius Romano
General-
General Victor Thorne

The Corps - Ranks

Command - Combat - Advisory

Every single person starts as a Cadet for a short period of time. Then you will rank up to Private. When you get promoted you will have 1 of 3 lines to choose. You will be pmed your option.

article-2713292-202DA23300000578-760_964x632.jpg

Dune District
The Dune District is by far the most densely populated district. Though it's population is lower than that of the Pike district, it covers much less ground, and the living space is condensed as a result. Crime in these districts are huge when compared to the other three. Even with increased policing, the Dune District remains a place of savage and harsh living conditions. It is made dark and grey by the masses of smoke and pollution that is pumped into the sky on a daily basis.
Stats
Population- 9 million
Land mass- 2,180 /km2
Crime Rate- Very High
(50,000 arrests per week average)

ArhitekturaZdaniya-budushhego.jpg

Pike District
The Pike district is by far the most highly populated district, but this is justified by the land it covers. This makes for very nice living conditions. A lot of the land is also covered by industrial sectors. Of course the conditions don't match those of the Vector or Apex, but they far outclass that of the Dune.
Stats
Population- 14 million
Land mass- 9,180 /km2
Crime Rate- High
(15,000 arrests per week average)

N39xratlls0.jpg

Vector District
The Vector District is the only district that is majority occupied by homes. Its subtle nature makes it ideal for film studios and other similar structures in the media industry.
Stats
Population- 4 million
Land mass- 6,180 /km2
Crime Rate- Average
(7,000 arrests per week average)

neboskrebu-budushego.jpg

Apex District
These seemingly utopian lands, are as close to perfect as lands can get. Bright skies, clean streets, near minimal crime(even with low policing). People are able to thrive in the neighbourhoods of the Apex District. The homes are very large, yet still manage to be intimate enough for residents to be well acquainted with both neighbours. Children who are nurtured in these environments, can truly be whatever they want to be.
Stats
Population- 1 million
Land mass- 8,180 /km2
Crime Rate- Very Low
(2,000 arrests per month average)

Name:
Nationality:
Appearance:
Backstory: (Include reason for joining faction, Family, Class/Background, Dream/Goal)
Personality: (Include likes, dislikes, a fear perhaps and reasons)
Faction: (The Corps or Rebellion)
Weapons: (If any)
Other: (Any additional information that didn't fit into another category)
RP Sample: (Write a day in the life of your character or link to a post from another rp you've been in)

Rules

1. GM word is law
  2. We have a Primary Game Master, Aquataris and a Deputy/Secondary Game Master, SYDAXARO220
  3. All RPC rules apply
  4. Do not god mod and do not bunny without permission – if you don't know what these terms mean refer to RPC rules.
  5. The GM will determine when your character's rank increases (although you're welcome to request this if you feel you have a good reason). When your rank is increased you will receive a PM with a list of the new perks available to you.
  6. Instead of Promotions, as a Rebellion you gain in fame as you increase in experience. This works similarly but has no giant defining features. But perks still open up.
  7. Be respectful in the OOC at all times
  8. Try to get a post in at least every two weeks.
  9. \O/ Thanks for reading and have fun!

Miscellaneous

Current Location: Dune District.

Ruby Canyon- A large canyon filled with the illustrious coveted Blood Leeching Rubies. These rubies are said to sap blood, as a result they've been deemed dangerous and are considered a weapon. Though they are worth a lot on the black market, they are illegal trade. The canyon is also said to be home to the 'phantom boarder' who will kill anyone who trespasses.
Corps HQ- There are four Corps Sectors: Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta. These are located around the region but aren't too far from each other.

The IDT has a lot of different performance enhancing drugs available, including effects like increased Cognitive Ability, derived from Methylphenidate and Endurance and Heart enhancers. The big money is on very rare leaked genetic enhancements and augmentations, but a lot of the times these are hoaxes or faulty. The only man who was able to develope an efficient genetic enhancements, have died. Halucinagenics are the most commonly used by wealthy addicts.

Year: 2079

My unfinished su:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
My joy can only be materialised through tears;-;...I so hope this does well.
On a serious note, I'll have my SU done within the next three days.

Years
I won't be joining this but I'm stopping by to say that you guys have a cool concept here and that I hope it does well.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024

Drew Crowley
FactionCorps
RankPrivate(Acting Lieutenant)
Age - 24
Gender - Male
Nationality - English
Appearence - At 5"10 Drew is what some may call short. His body shape is quite average, the he does lean on the more athletic side as far as his build is concerned. He has mid-length blonde hair, that he keeps quite neat (but not exceptionally). He eyes are dark brown . His beard is also well kept, it comes down from his sideburns and reconnects at his chin, but doesn't extend much further down than that. One defining feature is a scar on his right cheek that he acquired in training with his old mentor 'Sydan Rhomes'. When at work, Drew often sports a black suit and tie, with a white shirt on underneath. Which he wears very proffesionally.
(This is as close as I could find to the image I have of drew in my head, this image just make him look a bit young, and the hair colour is wrong)
Backstory- As a kid, drew grew up in the Pike district, after moving to Hong Kong as a child. He is used to structure in his life, but feels strangely about the oppression he witnesses on the streets of the Dune districts. His father urged him to join the corps, though he originally wanted to be a lawyer. Upon joining the Corps, Drew was assigned to the first squad of Agent Sydan Rhomes; as part of a test to incorporate the Agents into the Corps main army. Shortly after, there was another large war, and his squad were sent to the front lines. Having fell for one of his squad mates during early training, Drew came to the realisation of the situation. He could die! After being spurred on by his squad leader, he took the initiative and approached his crush.
During the war, Drew was able to witness the amazing capabilities of the agents. Though that was completely overshadowed by the gruesome nature of the conflict, as many Rebels were slaughtered. The grim nature of the war was only heightened, when the squad's leader betrayed the Corps, and went missing completely. Thankfully, Drew, Lauren(His Crush) and one other member of the six man squad survived the war.
Having had their team leader betray the Corps, the squad returned to a lot of scrutiny amongst the Corps, as they were seen as traitors too. Lauren became pregnant and was forced to take a temporary leave, escaping the criticism. Their team mate was forced to resign, but Drew managed to remain thanks to the help of Commander Hendrickx, who offered him the job as his acting Lieutenant, in the Dune districts Delta Sector. So Drew and his wife moved to the Dune district, where they were able to live their lives in peace. Kind of.
Things were only made worse however, when Sydan Rhomes returned. Drew still had a huge amount of respect for his former team leader and so attempted to aid him in his case. After a series of events and court cases, he was contained in a maximum security prison, much to Drew's disapproval. Drew still partially resents Commander Hendrickx for not aiding Sydan Rhomes' case, but also appreciates his help in getting him out of the hellish life he was living in the Pike district.
Personality- Drew is naturally very professional. Though he is often very opinionated, he usually knows when its best to keep quiet. He is adept at improvisation and making a plan, but his leadership skills leave a lot to be desired. He comes across as a shy person, which is another thing that limits his leadership capabilities.
His hobbies include-Pool, brain stimulating puzzles, drawing and Football(or Soccer if you must call it that-_-)
He has specific distastes for-Spicy food, gambling, crime(Specifically drug trade)
His main fears are:-
Arachnaphobia-The fear of spiders. Though not as bad as some, he is scared of spiders and will become nervous and very self-aware around them
Actychiphobia-The fear of failure. Another one that a lot of people have, though his is a lot more chronic than most peoples. He is usually unwilling to take risks as a result
Trypanophobia-The fear of needles. Drew is scared of needles, probably related to his fear of the drug trade. Perhaps its not so much the jabby metal

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Hmm... This interests me... Specifically a Corps position... But I'd also like to see how this plays first.

Also I'd be curious what weaponry is available, along with other equipment, uniforms, etc...

Last edited:

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
Weaponry is meant to be interactive and custom. You can have anything from energy pistol to a sledgehammer. This roleplay will be focused around the Police aspect (with the corps) and the criminal side (with the rebels)

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Hmm... This interests me... Specifically a Corps position... But I'd also like to see how this plays first.

Also I'd be curious what weaponry is available, along with other equipment, uniforms, etc...

I'm hoping a sandbox mechanic with slight plot driven direction will work.
But until we get a decent amount of responses/SUs we can't try anything yet.
What exactly did you have in mind?

Arsenic

Years
Not to start and infinite loop, but what do you mean by what I have in mind? In relation to firearms/equipment, or how the RP runs, or the type of narrative it will have?

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Not to start and infinite loop, but what do you mean by what I have in mind? In relation to firearms/equipment, or how the RP runs, or the type of narrative it will have?
In terms on how you want the narrative to be run.
You'll have a lot of freedom on the weapons and equipment front(Within reason of course)

Arsenic

Years
I've always loved a sandbox with a narrative inside it, but it's your RP! Tell ME how YOU are going to run it!

And saying I have freedom doesnt much answer my question but I believe youre withholding the info on purpose so I'll cease questioning

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
I've always loved a sandbox with a narrative inside it, but it's your RP! Tell ME how YOU are going to run it!

And saying I have freedom doesn't much answer my question but I believe you're withholding the info on purpose so I'll cease questioning
I said already, it's sandbox with plot driven elements. However input from others is always helpful.
Weapons consist of guns primarily, if you have any ideas or concepts feel free to pitch them

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
The way I intend to run it is that you will spin your own plots and then different events will change what you can do. A example could be a powercut, making it dangerous to be corps, unable to communicate, making you vunerable and surrounded through gangs. Eventually these all lend to a overarching plot.

I wish to remind that Shak is Junior GM, that is probably why this is the response you are getting, due to a collaborative gms.

Arsenic

Years
I'm just gonna assume by 'guns' you are referring to the kind that fire bullets.

And If I were to recommend a concept relating to weapons, I would think some form of laser or other energy rifle was invented but still too expensive for widespread deployment. That would mean most soldiers would be using whatever the last invented platform for rifles was. The insurgents would be using whatever they can get that still works even though it would be extremely old (m4's and AK's and that kind of stuff) as well as very limited quantities of what ever rifle the military is using.

That's what I would think.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
I'm just gonna assume by 'guns' you are referring to the kind that fire bullets.

And If I were to recommend a concept relating to weapons, I would think some form of laser or other energy rifle was invented but still too expensive for widespread deployment. That would mean most soldiers would be using whatever the last invented platform for rifles was. The insurgents would be using whatever they can get that still works even though it would be extremely old (m4's and AK's and that kind of stuff) as well as very limited quantities of what ever rifle the military is using.

That's what I would think.

Sure, we'll implement that. Our policy with this working with the players to build it up. We intentionally have this kind of policy to allow for indepth building while not intimidating new players.

Arsenic

Years
Well I wasn't saying to implement it. Just throwing into the pot of ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back