• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm so quirky

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Character goofs and quirks are something most writers don't escape from. At some point you just create a character that has this little characteristic, or eccentricity if you will, that just accentuates them. Maybe they always have a bar of chocolate with them, or maybe they can't ignore a fez when they see one. Do your characters have those quirks? What would be some fun quirks to play around with?

Years
  • I don't really create quirky characters that much, and the one time I created an extremely quirky character, it was more their eccentricity that made them quirky than any specific habit.

I do enjoy quirky characters though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2015
    Would you please provide examples of its unique character as you say.

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • HK
    • Seen Sep 9, 2017
    I have fun making flamboyant characters sometimes as I like RPs with a tad bit of whimsy and fun (even if it's dang serious). That's as quirky as I can go I suppose.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • NAME ALL THE POKÉMON DIRK!!

Okay that's the first one. The rest I don't know cause I haven't planned or seen them come out yet.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Would you please provide examples of its unique character as you say.

Just take the character traits in the first post for example. Not being able to resist a fez when you see one, or always nibbling on some candy.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    if by "quirks" you mean trivial individual characteristics, then I try to give every one of my characters some. I made a character that I wanted to seem youthful, so I made him fond of chocolate moo-moo milk, it was fun

As for actual quirks, I don't overdo it. Sometimes a few characters will come along and they'll rock the story with their strangeness, but I do get tired of it easily

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    maybe they can't ignore a fez when they see one.
    i do love you a little bit

My most recent character, Karix, has a fear of pointy objects. It's... not very well thought through. I have no idea how she's going to cope going on a journey with a Zangoose. But it'll sure make for an interesting RP!

I do like characters with weird quirks. Some might not like when things are overdone, but I think a little bit overdoing quirks makes for accentuated personalities and more vivid RPs. We're not always overly realistic in RPs, after all.

Back