• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Noble Magic [M]

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I apologize for the delay. Here's my application for Tito:

"As much as I love the farm, suppose I love the court just as much?"

❦ Tito Rustichelli

Magic Type and Style: The Rustichellis are esteemed for their lineage-wide proficiency of elemental magic. Those who inherited magic in their blood in turn inherited elemental magic with no exceptions. In the case of Tito, he is most well-versed in manipulating the element of air, changing the wind's tempo, altitude and level of force by use of his hands. The harnessing of wind is both easy and efficient in the vineyards. But for Tito, sole focus on the element of air is excruciatingly dull. The unpredictability of fire and lightning spurs his excitement and wonder and he strongly prefers setting flames and striking the earth with fierce thunderbolts. However, Tito is not necessarily talented in his usage of fire and lightning elements. He has no tutor for few Rustichellis or their peers find pleasure in the manipulation of fire or electricity, meaning Tito is forced to teach himself and he has not gotten relatively far. His control over these two elements is loose and such magic-based attacks can be sporadic, in certain situations perilous. Tito's ultimate deficiency, however, is with water magic. The element of earth he is decent enough with, usually forgetting of its existence unless he is in need of an effective shield. His control over water is completely non-existent. He finds its looseness impossible to work with, lacking the focus necessary to even turn it to ice.

Noble Status: Sir Rustichelli and his maiden were recently appointed to Baronet status after a near decade spent as Lord and Lady. The Rustichelli lineage itself has existed for over a century, cooperating with many other rural families for around that amount of time. The Rustichellis' promotion was most likely due to the family's involvement and unity with other farming communities, inspiring the creation of the Farmers' Guild Under the Lady, a brotherhood of sorts for farmers to obtain significance and appreciation by supporting noble families. Now of higher status, Rustichelli and his wife are in full control of the Farmers' Guild, as well as the expansive Lady's Vineyard located in the area south of Omercia. One of the kingdom's largest vineyards, it is responsible for the majority of grapes produced in southern Soldoro.

Appearance: A clean, approachable boy with loose, straightforward way of dress. Somewhat bulkier facial structure with prominent chin and cheeks, yet thin lips. Naturally broad shoulders, emphasized by puffed sleeves of his shirt preference. Dirty-blonde hair cut short with wispy yet stylized bangs. Hair appears to stick out around the ears as well. Clothing choice includes billowing white shirts with open collars and tightly-laced sleeves, as well as dark-colored trows and duckbill shoes. Outfit often paired with a basic brown belt either under or on top of his shirt. Typically his belt is hidden underneath his shirt when it is paired with his rapier, blade of 38 inches with a black and gold hit and cream-colored sheath. Swirling rings around the hilt vaguely resemble a windstorm.

Personality/Background: Tito is an adventurous youth with an uncontainable spirit, yet still has enough thoughtfulness to avert mindlessness. Naive, he considers himself the heroic sort and tends to view individuals as either good or villainous based on first impressions. At heart, a reflective person who appreciates periods of isolation in order to sort his thoughts. Though he is not a fast thinker and often crumbles under pressure, making faulty decisions. Lacks extensive patience and very compliant to the wills of others; occasionally expresses outright gullibility. Tito is stubborn in the fact that when he is given a reason to like or dislike someone, he is very reluctant in accepting that this individual is capable of any bad or good. Naturally charming and subjectively handsome with a willingness to learn and meet different sorts of people. Rural living has introduced him to using his magical abilities to affect the environment, as well as work with his hands. Though Tito spent less time on the vineyards than he did communicating with the people of other noble families and rural communities, developing his social capabilities and expanding his friend group. Tito tends to spend the majority of his time outdoors with a group of friends, exchanging stories or playing Pallone. When his father became a Baronet two months prior to Tito's migration to Avilla, he encouraged his son to concentrate on bettering his skills for defense reasons. Tito was taught how to fence and how to use his elemental magic for more than just rousing hanging fruit. These skills are still in-development, but ultimately Tito is still relatively prepared to defend himself. It is not with reluctance that he departs to Avilla. He will certainly grow homesick for his family and for his friends but this opportunity to experience life at court cannot be dismissed.

Family Background: The Rustichellis have been in-existence for an uncountable amount of years. They were considered a pheasant-level farming family with a surprisingly factor: they had access to magic. It was most likely this that resulted in Lord and Lady Rustichelli and their ownership over farmland in the area southwards of Omercia. Natural leaders, the Rustichelli's value unity and equality in which Soldoro does not appear to support. The boundary between those with privilege and those without is like a gaping canyon. It is the inequality the rich and poor, the mages and the basic folk, that the Rustichellis despise most of all. To settle all differences and come together as one is of the highest priority for both the bold Rustichelli and his resilient wife. Thus explains the Farmers' Guild Under the Lady, a union of those considered lesser by overwhelming nobles to regain a sense of control and power. It is but another step in a potential uprising against the wrongful monarchy to destroy the despicable divide between poor and rich. The Grand Tournament at court presents another opportunity to quash this situation. If the Rustichellis gained the strength necessary to bring forth change...

Tito may not be aware at the moment but there is certainly a lot of faith resided in him for his victory could summon a great wave over Soldoro, a wave that will change and will also destroy.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Well well well, an RP where I can test how much I learned from Game of Thrones? I might consider breaking out the metaphorical pen and paper once again to join. I'll work on a sign up :3

Edit: Whilst waiting for the family, I finished it :D
    Edit2: Fixed the Marquis thing
    Edit3: Changed the appearance a tad, needed something a little more accurate so my template would work.

Riley Lycanthrius
    You thought I wouldn't find out? How cute.

Name:
    Riley Lycanthrius

Magic Type and Style:
    Riley uses Life magic in an unconventional way, using the ability to change his appearance as a means to spy and decieve, and the ability to bind people with shields to interogate people. However focusing on these aspects have limited him when it comes to actually healing, anything more than a few cuts and bruises is out of his reach.

Noble Status:
    Child of the Marquis of Vinovia
    Appearance:
    byoHyfJ.png

UPDATED, needed a custom picture for my CSS, so I used one of them make a character sites. Good stuff. Anyway same general idea, the bandaged hands refrence the fact that he can't heal, the book is a reference to spell tomes (Or grimoire's if you so prefer). He still has a black cape, blue shirt, etc.

Personality/Background:
    Riley is a child whom enjoys the finer things, and as such will always strive to achieve whatever is bigger and better. He is not above using his powers to decieve others, however contrary to this he has a strong sense of family, often putting himself in harms way to protect his younger siblings and cousins. While being adopted by the king would technically seperate him from his family, it would put him in a position that really couldn't be topped, and almost guarentee their longevity and happiness, so he accepts it.
    Riley's families rich status has always caused the peasants to approve of anything he does in fear of being thrown into jail, causing the young Riley to believe the people of the town actually liked him. However after a drunken man threatened his younger brother Rogerius, Riley's attitute towards them grew much colder. He began to walk around town as a old beggar, and after seeing what the people actually thought of them, he would cause little accidents to anyone who was plotting against the family, generally leading to imprisonment or worse.

Family Background:
    Marquis Aaron Lycanthrius is a renowned death mage who was awarded his position due to his service to the country, he met his wife, a medical life mage Vesuvia Lucan, after an unfortunate hunting accident with a wild wolf twenty seven years past. They currently live in a large manor in a small village on their land known as Vinovia, village of the overly religious sheep farmers as Vesuvia called it. (She believed herself to be a religious woman, but she didn't see the need for the three different churches in the village of around thirty people.) They have four children, Severus, whom currently works as a wandering healer is the oldest. Then comes Riley, who is being sent to the Capital to win the Kings name. The two youngest are Rogerius and the only daughter, Ava.

Note: The name Lycanthrius is a joke, they are not actually werewolves. Although if you ask Aaron the wolf that attacked him was six feet tall and walked like a man, but the fish is always biggest to the man who caught it.

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • At long last, I am finally done with my RP. I had no idea how to create Thomas in all honestly, so much that I almost decided to drop out my reservation. But alas, I finished.

Myriad

Formerly Lawlietta.
    Years
  • Is it too late to reserve a spot? I would love to join, and can probably get an SU done in a couple of days, if not today. ^^

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • Is it too late to reserve a spot? I would love to join, and can probably get an SU done in a couple of days, if not today. ^^

It definitely isn't too late, I'd be glad to have you on board!

Everyone else, I'm finally (the holidays are hard, wah) sitting down to give your sign-ups a proper readthrough and I'll edit into this post my response.

I love Tito. Accepted. (Your CSS background is super cool, too).

Varys – you've given me some good background for Thomas, but I'd like more on his personality. I don't feel like I know what he's like. Other than that, everything else is fine. I like that he's a musician.

Oddball_. – I'm like most of Riley's SU here, but I'd like a bit more information on his family background. You've stated that his father is the Marquis of Avera, but Avera is a city. It would have a Count. Unless you mean Marquis of the land south of Avera? Just a little more expansion there before I accept.

Last edited:

Oddball_

Years
  • Updated the SU, with just a tiny bit more information. Misread what Marquis was, but not a problem should have fixed all that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Well, after a hiatus I'm glad there's a promising RP to join.

Let me know if anything needs changing, it's been awhile since I've done one of these.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • All rise for the Honourable Seona

latest

Name: Seona Carracci
    "Her name pronounced Sea-own-ah"
    "Mother. I think they know how to pronounce my bliming name!"
    "My family want to marry me off to some snob to assure an heir."

"Why, can't you see she's a lady?"

Magic Type and Style: Natural Magic
    They say weapons are useless with magic, however, Seona uses her magic in conjunction with her weapons. Firing spikey or adhesive arrows. Unlike some may think, being a caster of natural magic does not necessitate a worship of the world. Her family use their magic for utility, whereas Seona uses her magic to converse with animals, to take in the view, to make the world a livelier place. She is aprehensive as to doing transformation to animals due to her family having accidents with it, however useful it may be in warfare.

Noble Status: Heir Apparent to the family Count of Seritta
    "If she is chosen to be the heir of king, her children will tie our houses together and our decendants shall rule the land of Soldoro."
    "It is imperative that she marry immeditately."

Personality/Background: Like her hair, she is fiery, untraditional and bouncy. She hates to conform and is often forced to do so, if she is forced to court and topic she feels strongly about comes up, she will bring some much needed fire and vigour to the court. She is cheerful and enjoys the view that Soldoro gives. Growing up around the Seritta wood farm she learned to climb quite quickly. She causes lots of trouble with ettiquette and court, her mother wants to make her a perfect princess material and she is adamant to the contrary. She likes to be free and able to explore with the curious soul she is.

Being so impetuous and brave she is quick to defy norms. She does not care for Classes, a trait that has got her in heaps of trouble before, her family having to do PR control with the other nobles.

When she was a wee lass, her father gave her a bow much to her mother's dismay. Her mother has spent years trying to turn her in to the perfect princess. She doesn't listen much to her mother. Untill her mother set out on a campaign to get her betrothed, this is one tradition she cannae avoid.

Family Background: Like all of the cities of Solodoro, Seritta lies on the banks of a river. On the other side of Seritta, is a forest that is as old as the Carraci family. While you could say the name of Carraci came about as noveau riche, but the story is a bit more complicated than that.

Four hundred years ago, Felice Carraci planted a lumber farm and started a lumber mill, making large amounts of money of this industry. Felice rose to the higher echelons of society, eventually taking the hand of a fair maiden. It had happened that Catrina Thonne was the only heir to a family of Thonnes who were noble by birth. The Thonne Clan, aeons ago, had hailed from the far north and invaded and conquered a coastal noble family, over time, this bigger-army-diplomacy cemented their place in the annals of the nobility. Although this was not major news since it was only a sea town and so they encountered little resistence.

As their heritage from the great north asserted, they had to keep traces of their pride. Eventually, this alien people assimilated in to the culture and were no longer frowned upon. Catrina needed to carry on her lineage, in true northern fashion, it was unpalletable for a woman to take the throne. With Felice being available and being a native to Soldoro and a rich man, it worked well. By this time the Thonnes owed half of Seritta.

The name of Thonne dissappeared with the marriage, Carraci became the name. As time marched on, the farm grew from a plantation to a woodland to a jungle. Still bearing the name of it's conception, 'Carraci Mill' the lumber was being exported to other countries as well as Soldoro. The name of Caracci took over Seritta and has rulled over since. Now, there is Count Mervali and Countessa Velatessa and their daughter Seona. While the incumbants have to make sure Seona doesn't damage relations being so troublesome, Seona is fighting to be free.

Scottish Clan Music by Derek and Brandon Fiechter

Last edited:

Oddball_

Years
  • Updated the appearance of Riley so that I could work a more accurate picture of him into my CSS. Shouldn't be any problems, I kept with the theme but if there is an issue let me know and I will fix it! x3

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • 1/22: I'm retracting my application for the time being. Whenever the owner drops a note for his absence or returns in full, I'll post it again.

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I saw that you had said "the more, the merrier", so I figured there wouldn't be too much harm in writing up this SU. The RP looks absolutely fantastic and I would love to be a part of it. Hit me up if you would like anything changed or fixed.

Marjorie Venilia-Viggo
    The Stormbringer
    Marjorie_zps8iip62jq.png

"The heir must find themselves with skill, strength, and elegance. This is something many of you lack. I could've mistaken you all for buffoons."

20 // Female

Magic Type and Style: When one thinks of the Viggo family, rage and violence are some popular terms that often come to mind. This is commonly due to the family's large use of elemental magics in the war, particularly that of lightning magic. Often times, the Viggo family is referred to as the "Stormbringers". This proves to be true for many Viggos, but none more than Marjorie Viggo.

Marjorie has been named a prodigy within the family due to her particular strength in the styles of lightning and water magics. Having been trained by her parents, each a master of their respective element in their own right, Marjorie is capable of using both magics to a very high degree. This is especially evident when she uses these abilities in conjunction to create storms on a very small and localized scale. Many predict her skills in this form of magic to increase over time, especially as she has planned on adding what little skill in wind magic that she has.

Noble Status: Though maybe not one of the oldest noble families in Soldoro, the Viggos are maybe some of the most respected. The newest head of the family, Marquis Arthur Viggo, gained control of the Viggo border land in the midst of the war after the death of his father at the hand of the Vestian Empire. The family suffered many losses as their domain exists just southeast of the city of Avera, where they control a March on the border of the Kingdom of Soldoro and the Vestian Empire. The March is well-known for its textile and clothing industry, often thought of as even rivaling the nearby city of Avera.

Appearance: When one looks upon Marjorie, they see exactly what is expected of the daughter of a Marquis. Marjorie makes the most of her 5'8'' height by standing with clean elegance and confidence, worthy of her position. She is known to take pride in her long, stormy grey hair, often stylizing it in ways that go with the situation at hand. No matter the style, her hair compliments her dark-blue eyes and fair skin well. Being south of Avera, Marjorie has access to some of the best fabrics and clothing in Soldaro and her wardrobe proves such. Most of the time, you are more than likely to find Marjorie's lithe body in an elegant dress. However, that does not mean she isn't one to put on a combat outfit when needed. Many cannot tell which style of outfit fits her character the most.

Personality and Background: Born as the third child of a to-be marquis, Marjorie was hailed as a prodigy from a young age. Her parents chose to teach her themselves whenever they had the chance, hoping to instill whatever knowledge they deemed to be necessary for her or them in the future. They chose to drill into her that nothing less than perfection was acceptable and she chose to never settle for anything less. Nonetheless, she found her harshest teacher to be her father. As brutal as the lightning magic that he taught was, Arthur proved to be much worse.

Since Marjorie was young, Arthur wanted her to know that any sign of emotion--unless it served a purpose--showed weakness. If she ever had a reason to cry, she was reprimanded. If she ever failed in her training, she was reprimanded. Even when her grandfather died on the battlefield, she was told to keep her emotions in check. His death meant he was weak. She was not allowed to lose her composure at any point in time. This led to a very distinct lack of empathy within the young child. When the war moved on to a point where both her brothers had lost their lives, she didn't let a single tear be shed.

As such, she eventually grew up with seemingly complete control over emotion, something that helped her quite a bit when training both her magics and political skills. This self-control allowed her to lie with a straight face and the ability to manipulate others to a degree. This self-control also helps her in reacting to a situation at a moment's notice, even when it is possibly life-threatening.

After the war was over, her training continued, pushing her skills in her water and lightning magics to the most that they could be at the time. Often enough, she showed a need for admiration from her parents. No matter what happened, they were some of her only role models and she made it her goal to emulate them. This led to a somewhat cruel personality. With her parent now being a marquis and marquise, it wasn't hard for them to get what they wanted. She often imposed her little authority whenever she could growing up, whether it be on her few friends or her families servants. In a way, it culminated in sadistic hostility that she actually took mild pleasure in.

Nonetheless, Marjorie did have some insecurities that she held on to (though, obviously not by choice). For the most part, she was socially inept in situations outside of politics, often coming off as too eager or even intimidating when talking to new people, whether it be other women or potential suitors.

When news of the King's decree made it to their March, Marjorie's parents were quite eager at sending their daughter to Avilla. With Marjorie as the heir of the king, their power would grow substantially. Marjorie, on the other hand, saw this as a time to test out her skills. She was most interested in The Grand Tournament, only considering her possible new position after much thought into what it meant. As heir to the throne, and quite eventually, queen, she would be able to surpass her parents. Their would be no more need to emulate what was less than her.

Family Background: Over the last six generations, the Viggo family has ruled the March southeast of Avera with great pride, particularly over the last ten years. Of all of the families who participated in the recent war, the Viggos are some of the most well known participants. Being on the front lines against the attacking nation of the Vestian Empire made them the first line of defense and they proved themselves capable of doing such at task. True to their nickname, the Viggos raised a storm upon the battlefield albeit with many losses to their citizens and the family itself.

Having recently switched hands after the death of Arthur Viggo I during the war, the Viggo clan has come to be respected for many reasons. The current rulers of the March, Marquis Arthur Viggo II and his wife, the Marquise Cecily Viggo, have proven to be quite the formidable duo in Soldoro. They have both shown to hold great skill and power on their respective battlefields. The Marquis has proven to hold himself quite well in the midst of war, both for his strength, but also his will to finish what needs to be done. The Marquise is not too different in this respect, though, she is known best for her role in politics. They have garnered the respect of not only their own citizens, but of the surrounding nobles as well. The chance of having their daughter taken as heir to the throne has sparked a great interest in them. What could possibly happen if the Viggo's came into control of the Soldoro Kingdom?

Last edited:
    Back