• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: Hoenn Chronicles (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oooh, our characters should totally become partners, Shawn! I think they'll compliment each other super well (: but we'll see how haha.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Seems like we'll be a close knit little group! Hello everybody c: Are you planning on being super strong trainers or going more for the unique and weird side? Or something else haha?

Already sent in the IC thread! Hope we get more people to join us. :)

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I've never done a pokemon RP in this style, so if you don't mind having to bear with me as I learn the ropes...! Please let me know if there's anything that needs to be changed.

Name: Ellis Tove
Hometown: Sootopolis
Appearance:

Spoiler:

Standing at a modest 5'8", Ellis has a sleepy appearance, with heavy lidded eyes and tousled black bed head that curls and sticks up at odd angles. His long fringe hangs in and around his eyes, veiling him from having to meet anyone's gaze straight on and hiding clear periwinkle blue irises. His complexion is pale enough to suggest that his outdoor activities have been limited at best, but neither is it the telltale moon-like white derived from a life shut entirely indoors. Always a bit lazy with his wardrobe, Ellis opts for white v-neck t-shirts and slim fitting blue jeans. An oversized pale red cardigan that has clearly been over-laundered and drained of its original vibrance is usually thrown over this ensemble regardless of the weather- sleeves rolled up if need be. But in unbearably hot places he keeps it tied about his waist. Red converse which have also slightly lost their color are worn over black socks, and his only accessory is a golden chain around his neck, upon which hangs a miniature of a Luxury Ball.

Personality: Ellis is a mild person—both in personality and his ability to make lasting impressions on those around him. His flexible nature makes him very much like a delicate reed, susceptible to bend to whichever strong wind blows his way, and leaves him without much ability to exert his own will against those with stronger personalities than he. Boring is how many have described him in the past, and he has a hard time saying 'no' when pressed to say 'yes', even if it goes against his moral fiber. Being generally friendly and well-mannered however, his frequent smiles are, while not the most exciting brand of cheerfulness, fully capable of making him likable at the very least.

Ellis does not believe himself to be entirely talentless, but neither does he believe he can be one of the best. He is the type of person who compares himself to others, and must always find a fault in himself and a better in the other-- the one pessimist who claims that there will always be someone stronger and better so why put in all the useless effort? He does strive to be the best that he can be; Though this is a standard that he hasn't exactly set very high for himself. Many of those around him find his lack of aspirations frustrating, as he is perfectly content to piddle about in the puddles of mediocrity. Regardless, he does have at least a little pride in what battling skills he has, and can be quite pleased by a victory whilst accepting defeat most gracefully. (And sometimes perhaps a little too willingly.) Surprisingly however, coddling his pokemon is something Ellis does not and never has done. He has no reservations when it comes to sending them into a losing battle, and does not always show his concern for their getting injured at face value, believing them to have pride in their own abilities, robustness, and accomplishments, even if their trainer may be lacking in the skill to lead them.

History: Ellis is willing share the fact that he was born and raised in Sootopolis, and the fact that he enjoys diving like many of the other citizens in the city. However, he is mum on the subject of anything else regarding his past, preferring to hear about others' adventures and travels which, he asserts, are undoubtedly more interesting than his uneventful life thus far.

Starter Pokemon: Bagon (Silas; Male; Rock Head)
Bite, Ember, Dragon Breath, Headbutt, Focus Energy, Dragon Claw

Last edited:

jombii

Years
SNIP SNIP SEVERUS SNIP DUMBLEDORE

On your history, there seems to be a lost "will" in the first sentence which I think should probably be "is."

Anyway, ACCEPTED! I'm kind of excited after the fact that a trainer who doesn't care to send his Pokemon out on sure-lose battles is here. Really excited to see what will become of that.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
On your history, there seems to be a lost "will" in the first sentence which I think should probably be "is."

Anyway, ACCEPTED! I'm kind of excited after the fact that a trainer who doesn't care to send his Pokemon out on sure-lose battles is here. Really excited to see what will become of that.

OMFG I actually remember staring at that 'will' and not even batting an eyelash as I fixed the spelling on it. I must've been really out of it at work today haha....

Aah, thanks though!! I hope I can do his mediocre lifestyle justice /thumbsup

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
Name: Seraph Westdoor

Hometown: Goldenrod City, Johto

Appearance: Seraph is a midget compared to other people his age, coming in at only 5'3". He has somewhat long hair, his blood-red colored hair extending to around the middle of his neck. He has blue eyes, and once in a while wears a cap with a single R on it, trying to resemble a Team Rocket hat. He usually wears jeans and a green t-shirt, but if he wears shorts (which is'nt very often) you can see a long scar stretching down his right leg.

Personality: Seraph will generally not talk to you until he has seen how you act and behave. Once he does start talking, you will see that he is very talkative. He likes moving around while he talks and is very energetic in general. He makes friends pretty easily, but so far has always kept his biggest secret a secret and wont talk about it.
Seraph's battling style is different than most. He tends to strike really fast at the beginning, taunt the opponent, then play a stall game while the opponent wears itself out. He then strikes hard at the end.

History: Seraph's family originally lived in Johto. However when Team Rocket took over Goldenrod City, scared, Seraph's parents took Seraph and moved to Slateport City in Hoenn when he was 15. Seraph, however, was not intimidated by the group, but admired the power they had over people. Specifically Archer, a Team Rocket executive, was in the mind of Seraph. He admired him and wanted to be like him. Even in Hoenn, he still thought about Archer. Finally, at 17, he decided that to impress Archer, he would get a whole bunch of gym badges so that one day, he would finally meet him. Taking his pet Aipom with him, he set out for Littleroot Town.

Starter Pokemon: Aipom (M)(Nick: Celest) Moves: Tail Whip, Fury Swipes, Agility, Baton Pass, Astonish, Swift.

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
SU finally done! Ready for the critique! {XD}

Though i hope its perfect

Name: Maurice Watson

Hometown: Oreburgh City,

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Standing at about 6'2" and built solidly, Maurice worked for years as a butler for one of the many rich families, the Steiners, in the region. With This position came with some nice perks. Every day, Maurice received a couple free hour, or off-hours as he puts it, where he was able to use the facilities that the family offered in their home, such as a swimming pool, state of the art kitchen, and weight room. He prefers to dress nicely in a suit or something similar, as that is what he is accustomed to and doesn't like the look of anything else on him. Maurice carries a briefcase on him for carrying food, money, spare suit jacket and ties, badge case and anything else he finds along the way that he finds important or useful.

Personality:

Strengths:
- People Skills: Maurice is very polite around people but not afraid to be stern with them. Living with the Steiners and helping to take care of their children allowed for Maurice to grow as a person and learn the value of being polite but showing who is in charge among also being able to develop his social skills at a similar rate as the children.

- Experienced Battler: Another positive of living with and working for the Steiners was that this was a family full of avid battlers. This led to many entertaining afternoons of watching the elder of the family, Joshua Steiner and his oldest son, David, battle it out in the garden as the rest of the family watched from the terrace. Such fans of battling they were, the family even hosted some small tournaments for local trainers in the Oreburgh City area. Maurice was quite a fan of these battles and thoroughly enjoyed witnessing such events and learned many different tactics. On special occasions, Maurice even got to battle a couple times against Joshua, using his only Pokemon, Buneary, a Pokemon he met one day while attending to the garden and the small Rabbit Pokemon was quite taken in by the work Maurice was doing and quickly warmed up to the butler. During his off-hours he began spending more time training with his new friend, dreaming of getting to go on a journey of his own and battle with his partner.

Weaknesses:
- Not very worldly: Being only a staff member for this family, he did not get to travel with the family around the region but rather stayed at the house. As a result, Maurice does not have a good sense of direction and what life is like outside of being a butler.

- Socially lacking: Maurice was never presented the opportunity to play with others his age. Having lived in the house since he was young, he received a normal education in subjects such as math, English and history but due to having to work for the family as well meant missing out doing activities that a child in school should have been partaking in, leaving him devoid of socially important education.

Battling Style: (not a weakness)
- Maurice does not have a singular style as he prefers to just take what the opponent gives him and exploit their weaknesses. This comes from the many battles he has witnessed and the several he himself was able to partake in with Joshua. Part of this style is being observant of what an opponent is doing and being quick to react which he tirelessly trained at with Buneary during their off-hours. In connection with their dream, winning all eight badges of a region and challenging the league is priority number 1 ahead of all else. This attitude shows when he battles.

History: Since the age of 5, MAurice has worked as a butler to the Steiners but they didn't treat him like any old butler. They looked at him as part of the family and gave him more freedom than the other servants in the house. This position came with some nice perks. Every day, Maurice received a couple free hours, or off-hours as he puts it, where he was able to use the facilities that the family offered in their home, such as a swimming pool, state of the art kitchen, and weight room.After 37 years of service to the Steiners, the family granted Maurice the opportunity to terminate his position of being a butler for the family so that he could explore his dream of going on a journey of his own. Tears rolled down his face as he accepted and thanked the family for the wonderful opportunity. The family pointed him in the direction of Hoenn and Littleroot Town where a man named Professor Birch was well known around the region for his fieldwork research and for being very helpful for beginning trainers. Before leaving, the wife, Diane, gave him a small gift of 25,000 Poke, to help him get started in the new region.

More history to come in the RP

Starter Pokemon: Buneary (Cocoa), Female, Limber
Moveset: Baby-Doll Eyes, Pound, Quick Attack, Endure, Jump Kick, Foresight

Other Pokemon:
Bunnelby (Junior), Male, Huge Power – Tackle, Doubleslap, Mud Shot, Defense Curl, Dig, Double Kick

Last edited:

jombii

Years
So IC thread is now up! Feel free to post anytime you like! See you in Littleroot Town!

jombii

Years
Name: Seraph Vorkenstein
Hometown: Slateport City

Appearance: Seraph is pretty short. Coming in at a whopping 5'3", nobody knows how he became this short. He doesn't have much hair either, but the redness you might think is blood on the top of his bald head is actually just a tiny bit of hair. On the very rare occasions where Seraph does not wear pants, you would be able to see a nice little scar on his left knee. One his right leg there is a pretty long cut, and these two injuries explain why he wears pants all the time. The skin tone on his arms is ever so slightly darker than the rest of his body, which suggests that he tends to go outside here and there. However, you rarely get to see that as well as alot of the time his arms are covered up by the top part of a Team Plasma uniform.

Personality: Seraph is a kid who has always respected orders. Throughout his entire life, he never really questions anything unless he feels something is wrong. In his perception. Many good things in the world he questions and acts against because of the works of Ghetsis from the Unova region, as he is trying to idolize him((READ HISTORY)). When something he feels is going wrong, he will try to solve the problem peacefully, but usually he flounders at doing that and either runs away or tries to solve the problem through battling. When Seraph battles, he tends to try to strike with damage over time, then take a more stall approach so his pokemon can recover energy so they can strike hard after.

History: Seraph's grandparents were both high ranking members of Team Plasma. They were with the organization from its beginning to its end. During their time, they had Seraph's mother, who was taken care of by a baby-sitter most days, as his grandparents had enough money from their paychecks as high-ranking Team Plasma members. When Team Plasma disbanded, Seraph's grandparents were Ghetsis's closest advisors. In despair, they moved to the Hoenn region with their daughter so they could avoid the despair of their beloved organization gone.
~Fast forward 35 years
Seraph is born and is now 16 years old. His parents have packed his bags, gave him one of his mother's pokemon, and kicked him out of the house. Specifically, to Littleroot Town. Seraph doesn't know this, but he is getting kicked out of the house by orders from his grandmother. When his grandmother died, she left instructions for his mother as she wanted one final request after she died. When Seraph reached Littleroot Town, he reached inside a backpack and saw a letter from his grandmother.

Dear Seraph,
If you are reading this, then that must mean that I am dead. I have wrote this letter to ask your for one final favor. Please, try to spread the beauty and wonder of Ghetsis and Team Plasma for me. I would be eternally grateful and happy in heaven if you could do so. Your mom can even prove that what I am saying is true. Thank you dear.
Grandma Vorkenstein

Seraph called his mother, who did confirm that everything said in that letter was true. Now knowing the truth about his family, he decided to help his grandmother in her final wish.

Starter Pokemon: Golett(Nickname: XCaro) Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Shadow Punch, Iron Defense, Mud-Slap, Magnitude, Pound

There are several things here that doesn't add up. While I am not really strict with timeline canon and such, I explicitly said that Delta episode just ended and this RP is set a few months to a year after that.

With this tweet

CHECK TWEET

RS (which ORAS recently replaced) occured way before the events of B2W2. However, in your history, Plasma is already disbanded by 35 years which would place the events of your history way beyond the RP. So there. I don't like to not accept people because of this but we need cohesiveness for this to work.

Also, some notes. Your personality could like a little more editing. When you described Seraph to be short and mentioned that nobody seemed to know why, I was confused why. If there was a mention that his family was tall since forever, it would be surprising to see that Seraph is short but there is no indication of that whatsoever. Also, the red top seemed not to be just a little hair if that could be mistaken as blood.

You told me what your plans is with this character. If I may give you a suggestion, you could have this character be a Magma or Aqua fanatic and is trying to create his own team with similar interests at heart. It may not necessarily be Magma or Aqua. This way, you would not be messing with any Pokemon timeline and still get what you want to write with your character.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
There are several things here that doesn't add up. While I am not really strict with timeline canon and such, I explicitly said that Delta episode just ended and this RP is set a few months to a year after that.

With this tweet

CHECK TWEET

RS (which ORAS recently replaced) occured way before the events of B2W2. However, in your history, Plasma is already disbanded by 35 years which would place the events of your history way beyond the RP. So there. I don't like to not accept people because of this but we need cohesiveness for this to work.

Also, some notes. Your personality could like a little more editing. When you described Seraph to be short and mentioned that nobody seemed to know why, I was confused why. If there was a mention that his family was tall since forever, it would be surprising to see that Seraph is short but there is no indication of that whatsoever. Also, the red top seemed not to be just a little hair if that could be mistaken as blood.

You told me what your plans is with this character. If I may give you a suggestion, you could have this character be a Magma or Aqua fanatic and is trying to create his own team with similar interests at heart. It may not necessarily be Magma or Aqua. This way, you would not be messing with any Pokemon timeline and still get what you want to write with your character.

WELL GEE, SORRY.

This is my first flippin RP I'm joining, I'm new here, and I don't know the ropes around here. Sorry my application is so bad.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
WELL GEE, SORRY.

This is my first flippin RP I'm joining, I'm new here, and I don't know the ropes around here. Sorry my application is so bad.
There is no need to flip our about it o: Varys just told you what you could improve! Accepting constructibe criticism when new is a sure way to improve fast (:

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
There is no need to flip our about it o: Varys just told you what you could improve! Accepting constructibe criticism when new is a sure way to improve fast (:

I never said that I wasn't going to accept the criticism... But I do get very frustrated because I don't like changing my ideas lol.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Name: Tabitha (Tabby) Fray

Hometown: Nimbasa City

tumblr_nmjkhuJpRL1rsghfro2_500.gif

Personality:
Tabby rotates between two battling styles: The first being to frustrate her opponents. Examples include using the thunderwave/airslash combination, volt switching between two electric types so they take twice as long to defeat, or locking a Pokemon into an ineffective move with encore (IE Earthquake on a flying type). The second is to be completely, utterly reckless. For example: using self-destruct/explosion when the chips are down. These strategies might not be the best, but according to Tabby, they are the most fun, and that's the point. What's the point in winning if it's all you ever think about? Life's too short to have only one goal, and it's the journey that matters, not the destination.

Speaking of the journey, there is no place Tabby won't go, and she'll love every second of it. From the deepest cave to the tallest shopping mall, if you need a friend for the journey, Tabby will gladly be that friend…even if she's never met you. People make the Pokemon journey all the more exciting, she believes, thus she loves meeting and interacting with as many as possible.

Whether you find it charming or obnoxious, Tabby is incredibly hyperactive. She does not do well staying in one place for too long, and if she has the chance, she will choose the most difficult of the paths available to her. Fly back to the city? No way! Let's cross the desert! Who knows what we'll find out there!
This could make her a bit difficult to handle for the traveling partners she is determined to find.

Appearance: At 5'6, she is a decent height for a female. Since she has such trouble standing still, and occasionally forgets to slow down and eat, she is slightly thinner than average. Tabby doesn't have one set fashion style; she can wear a casual jeans/jacket/t-shirt outfit one day and a flashy skirt/top outfit the next, it all depends on how she feels that day. Similarly she travels with a decent amount of hair chalk, and colors a strand or two of her hair in a different color each day.
History: Will be revealed over the course of the RP.

Starter Pokemon: Emolga (Ziggy). Gender: Male. Ability: Motor Drive. Nature: Hasty
Moveset: 1. Voltswitch 2. Thunder wave 3. Air slash 4. Encore 5. Thundershock 6. Double team
emolga.gif

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
I updated the application of mine with some changes, if any more need to be made tell me and I will do that. Because to be honest, I really want to be in this.

jombii

Years
WELL GEE, SORRY.

No one is good at their very first application and that's the reason why a lot of us are trying to help new players improve on their SUs. There's really no need to get mad about this.

I will be reading on your SUs sometimes tonight after I come home.

Nero

I like it.
Years
Heya! I'm new to the forum, but not new to RPs, so I'd like to join you all with a character that's a lot different than I'm used to making. If I can, I might use two chatacters.

Name: Payton Murphy

Hometown: Born and raised in Rustboro, currently nomadic.

Appearance: Payton is a towering figure to most at 6"5', and while he may be a little lean under closer inspection, his slightly muscular build and long duster coat work to hide this. He carries thick, black, messy hair on his tall thin head, cut short enough to keep off of his face and even shorter at the back. His white skin is slightly tanned much like the rest of the tropical region's locals, and he shows faint signs of smoking, thanks to taking it up when he was young, giving him an ugly aging tone to his face. Green, weary eyes and a seemingly permanent frown atop his promenant jaw give off an air of uninterest in everything he seems to look at. His voice is deep and raspy, like he has a cough building up in his throat. Under his trademark open brown coat he outfits himself in basic grey shirts and blue denim jeans, topped off with white and brown runners. He has a black analog watch on his left wrist, that carries no importance to his character at all, and is simply used to tell the time. How boring.

Personality: Payton is quiet and independent, and tends to keep to himself. Blame it on his gruff, pessimistic nature about things. He isn't as much a stranger at making friends as he is to basic human empathy and friendliness though, and what rare bonds he makes with people usually turn out to be strange acquaintances built on little more than luck. He doesn't seem to have an attachment to anything, much to his Mudkip's disappointment.

While on the battlefield, Payton uses his age and knowledge to his advantage, battling with a slow, calculating style. He battles much like you would a game of poker, focusing on all the right moves he needs to win, and what tactics his opponent might be using. He favours Pokemon with rich, tactical movesets that he can exploit to dominate his opponent, when used right. His Pokemon are almost all but a tool for him, in a sense, yet his Mudkip hopes that some day Payton warms up to his Pokemon and values them as friends.

History: There's not much of his history that Payton lets out. He began smoking as a teen, yet dislikes them and swears he'll quit. Some day. He doesn't have a permanent home, and instead travels around Hoenn looking for work. If he has family, he doesn't bring them up. Recently, Payton decided to start training Pokemon. He's already traveling around the region, and having a Pokemon by his side to fend off the wildlife could be handy. Money from battles doesn't sound too bad, either. It wouldn't hurt to try the gym circuit, would it?

Starter Pokemon: Skipper the Mudkip, named by the breeder who sold the common Pokemon to Payton.
Ability: Torrent
Moves:
Water Gun
Mud-Slap
Yawn
Mud Sport
Rock Throw
Protect

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
While on the battlefield, Payton uses his age and knowledge to his advantage, battling with a slow, calculating style.

>Payton uses his age and knowledge to his advantage
>Payton uses his age and knowledge
>Payton uses his age
>Age: 22

tumblr_m1serybzUH1qb5rh8o1_500.gif

(Just kidding haha I know it's totally realistic in the Pokemon World but I just couldn't resist-- I laughed really hard at myself and reacted as above hahahah)

Welcome to PC! /thumbsup

Also I have my first post done-- but I'm waiting until I finish drawing Ellis so I can stick it in the CSS, so I apologize for the delay!

Last edited:
Years
Please go easy on me, I'm new to RP so here goes nothing...

Name: Ace Decesare
Hometown: Island A

Appearance: Ace is standing tall at a height of 6 foot. He has well developed muscles, having fully developed in all of the right areas and his work outs keeping his body firm and ripped. His skin is tanned with shade of peach that people find attractive, and spiky black hair that he keep rather short after he grew up. He has blue eyes which are deep as oceans and sometimes those eyes become cold as ice for the people he hates.
He wears a black headband with a crystal locket of navy blue colour hung around his neck. He wears a blue jacket left unzipped with black stripes at the bottom linings of the jacket and the sleeves of the jacket. He wears black pants with black sandles and black fingerless gloves.

Personality: Ace is cold toward everyone. Pokémon are the only creatures he find himself calm around. He always talk slowly but thinks quickly. His surrogate grandma always says that the shortest way to get anywhere is to have good company travelling with you and for Ace that company isn't another person but his pokémon. He is very protective toward pokémon.
Some people doesn't like Ace because of his coldness but people who knows his past always feel sympathy for boy. He ignores people who come up with reasons why you can't do something because according to him nothing is impossible.

Deep down Ace is just a lonely boy. He doesn't make any friend because of fear of losing them. He thinks that they're going to abandon him just like his father. That's why he keeps himself distant from the children of his age.
Pokémon battling. He likes pokémon battling so much. It's something that distracts his mind from thoughts clouding his head. He knows he isn't invincible . Sometimes you lose , sometimes you win. But he never backs down. If anyone beats him he trains day and night and again challenge them. This goes on until he beats that person. His personality totally changes when he is battling.

History: Ace lived with his father. His mother died giving birth to him due to loss of too much blood. His father was a powerful veteran pokemon trainer. Ace was a cheerful and stubborn brat till age of 7. At his 7th birthday his father took him to an island for a trip. His father was gone to buy some soft drinks because he was thirsty. He waited for his father to return but he never came. He searched for him without eating anything for 2 days until he lost his consciousness.

When he regained his consciousness he was at someone's house. She was an old lady who looked 80 years old. She said to him that he can live at her house. Everyone called her Nami baba but for him she was his grandma Nami and for her Ace was not like her grandson but he was her grandson.

At his 15th birthday grandma Nami brought a shinx as his birthday present. After a year Ace started working at docks to pay expenses of his grandma medicines but she died. Nothing remains in his life. Nothing. 1 year skip~

He left island A because there were so much memories of his grandma that hurts him. He needs some purpose to live. He wants to ask his father why he abandoned him and for that he needs to get stronger by fighting stronger Pokemon trainers. So in hope of challenging pokemon league and pokemon gym he traveled to hoenn region because that's the place where his real hometown is. Who knows if he is lucky enough to stumble across his father.

Starter Pokémon:Shinx (Thunder).

Moveset: 1. Tackle 2. Crunch 3. Thunder fang 4. Thunderbolt 5. Discharge.

Last edited:
Back