• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen what should I do?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I have been telling myself for quite some time now that I'll replay my White SoonTM for the first time (some of you have probably seen me say that before). I think part of the reason why I haven't done so yet though is because I feel like I should do something special for it, but I don't know what exactly I should do.

So what do you all think that I should do? And I don't mean a challenge run btw.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    South Park reference aside, I think you should take a good, long look at a list of Pokemon and make a team that you think is special. Pick a series of your favorite Pokemon and play with those. The tough part would be getting them to the game, because of the Transfer-Lab being a post-game mechanic. But that can easily be resolved by using another game and some fun trading. Oh, and definitely do

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    You could try to PokeGen them to if you're just going to use them for that play through. Since the WiFi shut down it's impossible to get the pokemon you would want @level 5 without cheating. So cheating in this case would be acceptable.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    You could try to PokeGen them to if you're just going to use them for that play through. Since the WiFi shut down it's impossible to get the pokemon you would want @level 5 without cheating. So cheating in this case would be acceptable.

I was thinking about breeding in other games. Then use the Transfer Lab in another Gen 5 game to bring Pokemon in from previous generations. Then use trading to bring everything over to the new game. Definitely not impossible. There's just no GTS.

Years
  • I have been telling myself for quite some time now that I'll replay my White SoonTM for the first time (some of you have probably seen me say that before). I think part of the reason why I haven't done so yet though is because I feel like I should do something special for it, but I don't know what exactly I should do.
    You could add a 'TM' sign next to it? You could use TM moves often, which I suppose would make it special, or if you were feeling more loose you could catch a Mew.

Other than that, if you recall why you like the games, you might want to find some Pokémon which represent the aspects of the game which you like or find interesting, rather than the hyped ones (they might be similar in your case, ofc.), and just run-through using these if you're interested in it. In any case, you may as well just replay it.

Back