• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Nature Preserve

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • The Nature Preserve

The Nature Preserve is a location in the Pokémon games Black 2 and White 2, which can be only accessed through a ride in Skyla's plane from Mistralton after you get the Permit from Professor Juniper. It is home to the highest- and lowest-leveled Pokémon in the fifth generation games. You'll also find a shiny Haxorus! This Haxorus is found in the middle of the Nature Preserve, and is always shiny. This Haxorus is level 60, and there's only one of them.

Have you ever been to the Nature Preserve? How about the shiny Haxorus that dwells the Nature Preserve, did you manage to obtain him (or her, since the Haxorus can be either male or female!)? Is there anything you'd change about this location, or is there anything that stood out to you (negative or positive) in particular? Discuss~!

Years
  • I had never been to the Nature Preserve because I never fully complete the Pokedex, but a shiny Haxorus does at least make you want to put in the effort. The wild Pokemon selection could have been better though.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I went to the Nature Preserve in White 2 and picked up the Shiny Haxorus. Haxorus has a Shiny form I like a lot. The Black works very well I feel.

The Wild Pokemon available could be far better however. The only Pokemon only available in the Nature Preserve that aren't elsewhere in the game are Nuzleaf, Shiftry and Girafarig. (You could theoretically catch a Shiny Axew and evolve it all the way to Haxorus)

Shiny Haxorus is obviously the award here and is a welcome one and I was pleasantly surprised to find a Shiftry in my first part of Rustling Grass.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The thing that I find most intriguing about the Nature Preserve is...why did Game Freak chose to include it? I mean, yes, it's to give us a setting to get our shiny Haxorus (which is awesome, by the way), but why did it need to be in a "Nature Preserve?" B2W2 was when they added previous-gen Pokémon into Unova, so it's not like they needed a new location to include them (referring to the Pokémon you can catch in the wild in the Preserve). And they even go so far as to claim the location is so far away from Unova that it doesn't even appear on the Town Map, instead of just making it in Unova.

I guess I'm just curious as to their logic behind making a whole new location for a Pokémon that could have been added almost anywhere else. I always felt there was some significance to the Preserve being "not in Unova;" maybe it could make a return in a future game?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Did i go there? Yes
    Did I get shiny Haxorus? Yes
    Did I like the Nature Preserve? No I literally found this place so uneed I mean ya theres a shiny Haxorus thats cool but someone could just give that to me besides that theres hardly nothing there to go for so I really wasn't in a rush to get my pokedex completed just to go there.

Back