• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Did I see 5 AM for the start of the story?! What shop opens at 5 am?! That's ungodly early and should be a crime against humanity! Err... Poke...Manity... I guess

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Well, if you pay attention to most cornerstones like Valero or the like, they have shifts that can start as early as 4 in the morning. Unlike most stores they offer not only gas, but food, snacks, beer, medical supplies like bandages, and other such general services. Some are regular places where the morning workers get coffee to start their day.

Given the rivalry here, there ARE those people who will wake up that early and who will want to shop.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
CORNERED IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

I'm sure it will be approved, Jauntier, don't worry about it!

If there ever was any worry, there certainly isn't anymore, laddie.

Did I see 5 AM for the start of the story?! What shop opens at 5 am?! That's ungodly early and should be a crime against humanity! Err... Poke...Manity... I guess

Well, if you pay attention to most cornerstones like Valero or the like, they have shifts that can start as early as 4 in the morning. Unlike most stores they offer not only gas, but food, snacks, beer, medical supplies like bandages, and other such general services. Some are regular places where the morning workers get coffee to start their day.

Given the rivalry here, there ARE those people who will wake up that early and who will want to shop.

Just in this case, the two stores want to get some decorating done before the stores open at 8 AM. Castiel and Amaryllis would have done it the night before, but, well, they are wary of each other.

Now go and read the IC, you lot. It has begun!

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Jauntier, I have posted, however I was unsure of the layout of the shop and the exact entrance the employees used. I hope my post is okay, as I assumed since I was the second to post only Greiger's character was present. I can edit my post as necessary.

Also I have an image of my character: http://i.imgur.com/3wCWzIH.png

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
@Greiger: The picture in your post doesn't show up, just as it didn't for your application. I strongly advise you upload your picture to Imgur and use that link in an IMG tag.

Jauntier, I have posted, however I was unsure of the layout of the shop and the exact entrance the employees used. I hope my post is okay, as I assumed since I was the second to post only Greiger's character was present. I can edit my post as necessary.

Also I have an image of my character: http://i.imgur.com/3wCWzIH.png

This is why I need to make a store map for you guys. As I said, I'll get to that when I can.

At the beginning of the boulevard are the corner stores. They are called corner stores because they are actually on the corner. On the west side is Spirited Away, and on the east side is Forget-Me-Not. Going further down are all the other stores, and while I haven't mentioned it in post yet, the boulevard reaches down to the central plaza.

FMN entered through the front door, SA through a back alley hatch. FMN crew is situated in the bean bag corner, and SA is snug in the Supply Room.

Also, nice picture, although the stripe looks green instead of the blue you described. You can use pictures in your posts if you like.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Okay, is it working NOW? I hope it does at this point. I'm not sure why it's showing up as working for me, but not for everyone else.

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Okay, is it working NOW? I hope it does at this point. I'm not sure why it's showing up as working for me, but not for everyone else.

... Bro. You used a Dropbox link, and it didn't even end in an image file extension like .JPG, .PNG, or .GIF.

Just download the picture to your computer and go to Imgur, like I said. At the top of that page is a blue button where you can upload the image from your computer, and then use the BBCode (Forums) link in the Share This Image section on the right when everything's all said and done.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Freaking dropbox. Fine, I'll get another account. Urg, CSS, why do you spin me right round?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Ffffffffffffffantastic. Now I can properly get this show on the way then.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
bitch you didn't even quote me

i'll read through and get to writing Rina's post later this afternoon

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
bitch you didn't even quote me

bitch you didn't even

bitch you didn't

bitch you

Bitch.

That enough quotes for you? The sooner everyone puts in their introductory post, the sooner we dive in to the good stuff~ These first three hours are to help build character and relationships, so make sure it matters, guys!

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
>0 notifications

Nice try, bitch.

I'll build character, alright. I'll build so much character you'll start convulsing. I'll build so much character the world will turn in on itself. Get ready for Rina, baby, it's comin' hard.

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Alright, that's two employees of Amaryllis up, and one for Castiel's crew. It's interesting to see how you all write your establishing posts. I hope you pick up some things from each other as you read on.

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
As long as he remembers that Jubilee is a small, exemplary town, I'm sure he could prove himself to be not unlikable to Castiel and others.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
Is it too late to join? I saw that there was an IC thread but still some slots left. I might give this is a try; I didn't express my interest till now to see if I can juggle 3+ RPs. Hopefully I'll get my SU up soon.

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Is it too late to join? I saw that there was an IC thread but still some slots left. I might give this is a try; I didn't express my interest till now to see if I can juggle 3+ RPs. Hopefully I'll get my SU up soon.

IT IS NEVER TOO LATE

Or at least, we've only had a few introductory posts thus far. You can slip right on in, you'll be timely enough. I personally welcome you.​

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Oh man, you know what I forgot to do? I should post a version of character applications for Castiel, Amaryllis, and Goro! It only makes sense. No need to keep my characters a complete mystery to you all, at least, as players. Here goes:

APPLICATION FOR: Spirited Away
I OWN THIS BUSINESS

NAME: Castiel

SPECIES: Mismagius

LEVEL: Stronger than you spring 'chics.

MOVESET: Mean Look, Confuse Ray, Hex, Mystical Fire

APPEARANCE:

EtbhL2l.png

I got this cloak at a discount. One-hundred percent Wigglytuff tuffs.

PERSONALITY: "An enigmatic, stoic businessman who is well-read and somewhat reserved. Often resorts to sarcasm and passive aggression when annoyed." Or so that's what I've been told.

BACKGROUND: Three years ago, Jubilee was colonized by the mayor, his expedition, and a few pilgrim families. I had drifted in during the second great immigration that happened six months after Jubilee's re-establishment. I was a wanderer of sorts, a nomadic merchant with an eye for the rare and peculiar. I had collected a lot of small, novelty trinkets in my many years of travelling. It only made sense that I settle down after so long and started up a corner store to make a proper profit, wanting to expose this town to a few new things they've never seen before.

And then that Florges happened. It's like the town zoning board thought we'd make perfect neighbors having our own competition right across the street from each other. Can't those self-absorbed bureaucrats see that she just stole my idea and sprinkled petals over it? I opened my shop first!

APPLICATION FOR: Forget-Me-Not
NOTE TO SELF: WHY I MATTER

NAME: Amaryllis

SPECIES: Florges

LEVEL: I am as strong as I am elegant: Fatally.

MOVESET: Disarming Voice, Wish, Lucky Chant, Petal Dance

APPEARANCE:
L3aLOsZ.png

Those pink little wafer things in my hair? They're a designer brand.

PERSONALITY: "A forthcoming, staunch businesswoman who is very sociable with a dignified air. Often resorts to hyperbole and left-handed compliments when annoyed." Or so I've overheard~!

BACKGROUND: Jubilee has only been run by Pokemon for the last three years now. A bunch of humans abandoned a perfectly good town for Arceus knows why or how long. I was among the first group of Pokemon to settle here. I actually came in with the same colony as our mayor. Word got out after about half a year that Jubilee was a growing town with a lot of resources, and more Pokemon picked right up from where they were and migrated here. I myself have always dreamed of becoming some sort of designer, beautifying homes and gardens with my little paintings and impeccable green thumb. I left my family to come here and market a dream store on the corner to show off my craft, and hopefully make this place a little more quaint.

But then there was that Mismagius. Someone at town hall must have had their shell on too tight, because they let that Ghost set up shop right across from me! As if it wasn't obvious enough that he just snatched up my idea and dusted creepy cobwebs over it! I started my shop first!

12955799221335084046buildings_icon.svg.med.png

Summer Festival Guard Volunteer Form

Thank you for your interest in protecting our community during
this busy time! Please fill out the following form in its entirety:

Name: Goro

Pokemon Species: Pangoro

Strength Division Rank: B-2

Move Set: Work Up, Circle Throw, Body Slam, Hammer Arm

Physical Appearance: Standard

Positive Personality Traits: I get things done.

History in Jubilee: You know me, Reginald.

Page 1 of 6

Last edited:

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
Application for Spirited Away

Name: Blair

Species: Braixen

Level: 30

Moveset: Psybeam, Light Screen, Flamethrower, Fire Spin

Appearance: Like a normal Braixen, who wears a long tattered purple cape extending down to her knees.

Personality: Like the owner of the store that she is applying for, Blair is a major fan of magic, be it tarot cards, charms or divinity. As a now unemployed street performer doing odd jobs, she has a fairly jade"d view of the world and is a cynic. Why is she so cynical and jaded? It's not like it has to do with that damn junkie Drowzee Veizer that stole her stuff and used her special, rare goods to pay for his damned junkie habits. With a salty demeanor, an abrasive attitude and loads of sarcasm, Blair is not one to shy away from snarky comments and confrontations with those that annoy her. Unfortunately for them, the criteria for annoyance for Blair seems to be overly cheerful people, those who bother to be up in her business and those who dare question the validity of magic. If she is unable to voice her thoughts for whatever reason, she'd give them an ugly glare and a "hmph." So, is there anything to be redeemed from such a cynic? Surprisingly, yes, seeing as how she has some soft spots for magic, children, romance, anime and nature, making her somewhat of a tsundere. Not only having a soft spot for children, she's also surprisingly good at taking care of them; it will be the only time she won't be salty with her language and demeanor in the company of those that annoy her. So what's it to ya, huh, can't a Braixen enjoy her crappy hand in life?!

History: Three years prior, when the humans began to abandon a perfectly good town ("Morons," thought Blair at the time), Blair began to perform a little magic show for the little Pokemon down in the town's square, relying only on the generosity of donations to keep it going. Blair, living a troubled life with a dysfunctional family back in her hometown and other issues, moved to the newly abandoned village and set up shop. All was good for the first year she did the show; it brought a genuine smile to her face to see the children's faces light up with delight. Things took an abrupt turn for the worst, however, when some upstart punk, the aforementioned Veizer, worked as a stagehand for this magic act (it was previously a one Pokemon act). After earning her trust (which was a pretty tricky thing to do) over a span of months, Veizer took advantage of the funds (not profits) behind Blair's back, blew it on illegal, addictive Rare Candies, became a junkie for it ("Veizer's been acting pretty funny lately…") and culminated when Blair reviewed some discrepancies in the bookkeeping of the operation. Confronted with this, Veizer assaulted her, knocked her out and stole the goods to repay Veizer's "creditors". Blair didn't recover quite easy from this, being traumatized that such a cruddy hand was dealt to her, even when she tried to reform her life for innocent children. In attempt to gain back her operation, she had been doing odd jobs to get her show back on track ("The kids have been asking where the show went; I have had to avoid them and say 'It's coming soon, guys'"). ("Not like I knew where that good-for-nothing junkie took that stuff anyways…") This job for this kitschy Spirited Away store just so happens to be one of them.

Last edited:
Back