• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pokémon Direct on the Pokémon 20th Anniversary

MeliSNAP

Pokéfan MeliSNAP
Years
  • 5 minutes seems short... They'll be like "here are all legendaries you can get this year" and "get the new 2DS Red Blue and Yellow", then *hint* new Pokémon *hint*, maybe say that Pokémon GO is almost out and finally "Thank you for 20 years plus 5 minutes of direct"

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Supposedly it's going to last 5 minutes. Talk about blink and you'll miss it.

I'm guessing it's going to be a quick Pokemon Z reveal. (or maaaaaybe a 7th gen announcement trailer)

It would seem weird if they just had a 5 minute direct to talk about something that wasn't new like Pokemon Go. So it definitely makes me think it'll be a single trailer for something brand new.

Pokemon MMO announcement trailer.

pkmin3033

If this IS the next game announcement then I hope it's something entirely new, and NOT Pokemon Z. X and Y were mediocre, and it'd take more than just "Here's the same story only with Zygarde and a couple of postgame things" to make it any better. It'd be a real shame if they had a game set in Kalos as their major announcement for the 20th Anniversary...something entirely new would be preferable, in my opinion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I really hope we get a new game announcement. I'm ready to play something new and fun.

Years
  • I recall the Direct that announced XY was somewhere between 5-10 mins, but that was mainly a trailer that announced the game. Maybe we might get something similar with this coming Direct.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    The direct is airing the day I have an assignment due. And I don't finish until 4pm. ORZ. I'm hoping for more than just the logo and possibly boxart and release date. Something like a few seconds gameplay footage, even if it's just the protagonist walking through a route or whatever, is better than just "Pokémon 20th Anniversary Game!" in my opinion.

New main series game pleeeease!
    That's the most likely scenario. The last couple of Pokémon Directs focused on XY's announcement and Mega Evolutions for the Kanto starters, IIRC.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm really excited!

And you guys houdln't be concerned because it's 5 minutes.

Think about it, a lot of the game in the series were announced through 30 second youtube videos.

This is different, they are hyping it up, and making sure we know to be there live.

To me that confirms the game will be huge and that's why it's in the direct. Because XY was a huge advancement in the series, meaning this game will most likely be huge.

So I'm excited!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The Pokemon Direct back in 2013 only dedicated 4 minutes to the announcement and trailer for X and Y. If this trailer is 5 minutes long then that's plenty of time to do a new game announcement, especially if the trailer is only 2 minutes long.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah I too think that 5 minutes is more than plenty! I'm quite excited for this as it seems to be the perfect timing for a huge game to be announced n_n. I have high expectations this is Z so please don't let me down, Nintendo!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to the surprises that Game Freak and The Pokémon Company might give us in the next Direct. I think it might be some announcements of new main games, considering Magearna has already announced before, not to mention the new forms of Zygarde and Ash-Greninja which were already unveiled months before.

I recall the Direct that announced XY was somewhere between 5-10 mins, but that was mainly a trailer that announced the game. Maybe we might get something similar with this coming Direct.

Yep, I still remember how they could describe the quick history of Pokémon gaming before announcing XY in about 10 minutes in the Pokémon Direct that is of 3 years ago. On this year's Pokémon Direct, I assume, probably they might have enough of 5 minutes to tell us about the Pokémon Virtual Console which will be out soon, some glimpse of Detective Pika and Pokémon GO! (and possibly Pokkén Tournament), and then announce the possibly new main games afterwards.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Inner debate on whether to destroy my sleep schedule the weekend before uni starts up again and watch it at 3AM or wake up to the surprise ;-;

Apparently the direct lands exactly 12AM when the Pokemon 20th Anniversary begins on the 27th which is cool.

I'm really hoping for something that excites/ surprises me the same way when I stayed up to watch the XY direct.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    Inner debate on whether to destroy my sleep schedule the weekend before uni starts up again and watch it at 3AM or wake up to the surprise ;-;

Sleep! If you stay up you're consciously waiting a few more hours but sleep is like time-travel.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    This is very exciting! I'm hoping we'll see some good new game information that we can all get excited for.

5 minutes is certainly concerning though. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

The trailer for X & Y was about a minute and a half long. In that space of time we saw various locations in the new games, the three starters and the two mascot legendaries.

They can show off a lot in 5 minutes if they want to.

Back