• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Request] Organizing an RP

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Ever since I came over to the Roleplay Theatre, I have been fascinated by the kinds of RP's there are. I've always wanted to make one since I got here. However, my problem is that due to my lack of CSS skills and the fact that I'm not really that known here yet, any RP I make by myself would just flop into the ground. So my question is, would there be anyone willing to make an RP with me? :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello there! Glad you're enjoying the forum (: what kind of RP would you be interested in hosting? A first choice can at least be: pokemon or non-pokemon?

Some players favors one or the other, haha.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Hello there! Glad you're enjoying the forum (: what kind of RP would you be interested in hosting? A first choice can at least be: pokemon or non-pokemon?

Some players favors one or the other, haha.

I'm definitely more interested in doing a Pokemon RP, but I can do either or if it comes down to it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2016
    I'm definitely more interested in doing a Pokemon RP, but I can do either or if it comes down to it.

Do you have a story or plot in mind? You aren't limited to just trainers & pokemon conquering a region or mystery dungeon but those are the common two that I see.

If you're looking for a co-gm I can certainly help you expand your ideas and put them on paper in post.

Years
  • I don't think that you can't make a popular RP just because you are not great at CSS or are not well known. Often times people will join just because its an interesting idea. CSS is definitely a great way of grabbing people's attention when they first click on the thread, but if they are just joining because the CSS looks cool and professional, they might not stick around if the idea is not solid and interesting enough.

I'm not great at CSS either, for the most part all I do is take existing CSS from other people's posts, then modify it heavily by changing the colors, background, etc, most of which is pretty simple.

In short, I'd just say go with it. It's intimidating, but you'd be surprised at how much attention you could get.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Do you have a story or plot in mind? You aren't limited to just trainers & pokemon conquering a region or mystery dungeon but those are the common two that I see.

If you're looking for a co-gm I can certainly help you expand your ideas and put them on paper in post.

I have an idea forming in my mind. My problem is determining the strength of applications mostly and some other minor stuff.

I can get my idea on Google Docs if you want.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2016
    I have an idea forming in my mind. My problem is determining the strength of applications mostly and some other minor stuff.

I can get my idea on Google Docs if you want.

Sure! I'm glad that I can help. Would you like to work via pm?

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I have an idea forming in my mind. My problem is determining the strength of applications mostly and some other minor stuff.

Honestly you don't have to be a professional to actually judge applications xD If the character isn't overpowered, doesn't mess with your lore and the SU is written well (grammar, spelling, etc) I'd reckon 90% of characters would be accepted unless the spot is limited.

Or you can just be a big fuzzy pushover like me and accept everyone

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Honestly you don't have to be a professional to actually judge applications xD If the character isn't overpowered, doesn't mess with your lore and the SU is written well (grammar, spelling, etc) I'd reckon 90% of characters would be accepted unless the spot is limited.

Or you can just be a big fuzzy pushover like me and accept everyone

That may be easy for you to say since you have been here longer than I have and have seen more, but I feel better about potential success if I have someone else helping me with this. It helps with potential ideas too, having an extra person to help.

Back