• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Did Amazon just out Alola as a set of islands?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I'm not surprised at all. I don't mean to sound pretentious about it but it REALLY is obvious. Reasons people have stated above, ect. I know Game Freak likes to try new things, but limiting their game in this sort of way is not one of them. This should be obvious to anyone who has played a Pokémon game before. :[

I don't think Amazon really "outed" them either, honestly. I'd imagine they're sitting in their offices thinking "What? People REALLY think that's the entire game?" and laughing about it, haha.

Even though it was obvious I've seen way too many posts with "I'll be disappointed if that's the whole region", "I hope that's not the whole region" etc. so it's nice to have some sort of confirmation that it's not.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • It's very likely this is how it'll be because in 99% of cases, these product descriptions are submitted by the brand itself (in this case the Pokémon Company). Vendors are rarely ever responsible for providing product descriptions unless specified to do so. Nintendo/Pokémon are a little more professional than that, so I highly doubt that's the case.

Of course, there's the off-chance that Pokémon itself made a typo (internal errors do occur, especially when notes are being passed along from one group to another like a telephone game and someone carelessly decided to manually type out info based on what he imagines to have read, not what's actually there).

Still speculation at best.

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    So it's kinda like Sevii Islands with Gyms, huh?

Jeischita_Homaji

Resident of the Acalia Region
    Years
  • Its a little bit silly that this isn't already obvious to everyone. The small stature of the island having only 1 city, 1 pokemon center, 1 cave and no gyms paired with the fact that Hawaii, the place Alola is CONFIRMED to be based on has multiple islands.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So it's kinda like Sevii Islands with Gyms, huh?

Most of the Sevi Islands were extremely small. You can already tell by the size of the first island, that it is already almost the size of the first 3 of 4 sevi islands if not all. Not to mention that the big island could probably have 4 or 7 towns.

With this being said, I am not surprised at all. I just really didn't want to get my hopes up. I would say it was a given, but after the lack of 6th Gen, even though they were good games, it is hard to say what they have in mind.

I am also thinking they will follow the color pattern of the Hawaiian Islands and call them Yellow Island, Pink Island, Grey Island, ect. They can always change to colors a bit if they don't want to use some of them.

Its a little bit silly that this isn't already obvious to everyone. The small stature of the island having only 1 city, 1 pokemon center, 1 cave and no gyms paired with the fact that Hawaii, the place Alola is CONFIRMED to be based on has multiple islands.

Nothing is confirmed until proven that it is. They never said there was multiple islands even though it looked obvious. You cannot confirm anything other than what has already been shown.

And just because it is proven that it is based off a state, you can't confirm it is based off the entire state. Looked at Unova. Look at Kalos. Both were based on France and New York. And not a single one used the entire country/state. Why do you think a lot of us thought there would be a Z? Not only do we normally get a 3rd or sequel, the anime was called XYZ. We also have the fact that so much was unfinished and they could have easily extended the map.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Not surprised, but good to have confirmation.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • There won't be any statement or confirmation until the game's map is officially revealed and/or leaked.

Like I mentioned above, typically brands will be the ones that provide vendors the copy to use for product descriptions, meaning it is highly likely Alola will contain more than one island. Unless the Pokémon Company sent out an erroneous copy (intern error, miscommunication, etc.), which can happen, but I'll put my money on probably not given their track record.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • I'm very happy to hear this. The concept art for the region that we've seen so far is dramatically smaller in comparison to past regions and it made me wonder about the life of the game when it came to collecting badges.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm very happy to hear this. The concept art for the region that we've seen so far is dramatically smaller in comparison to past regions and it made me wonder about the life of the game when it came to collecting badges.
    That was an in game model, we have yet to get regional concept art for Alola.

Years
  • Islands? I don't think we've had many islands on a region before so it will be exciting plus with the Hawaiian theme there's so many possibilities with this region.

Last edited:

Years
  • Islands? I don't think we've had many islands on a region before so it will be exciting plus with the Hawaiian theme there's so many possibilities with this region.

Hoenn had five islands, the mainland (based on Kyushu island), Dewford, Sootopolis, Mossdeep, and Evergreen. Seven if you count Battle Tower/Frontier island, and the island that borders Pacifidlog.
    Speaking of Hoenn I can see Alola's gym to be the inverse of Hoenn's, in that three may be in the big island, and the rest on smaller islands, in contrast to how Hoenn had 5 on the main island, and 3 on smaller islands.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • That was an in game model, we have yet to get regional concept art for Alola.

Really? This looked more like an artwork to me:

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/alola.jpg

But that's only what we have so far, if it's confirmed to have more islands we'll probably get a more complete artwork that includes them all. Or I wonder if they'll have separate artwork for each island, so they could show all the important features without having to cram it into one picture?

I think that with Amazon implying that there's more than one island, I'm wondering if we'll get a more complete map of Alola with the info in two weeks. IIRC, we got maps of Unova and Kalos around the early part of the summer.

Years
  • Really? This looked more like an artwork to me:

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/alola.jpg

But that's only what we have so far, if it's confirmed to have more islands we'll probably get a more complete artwork that includes them all. Or I wonder if they'll have separate artwork for each island, so they could show all the important features without having to cram it into one picture?

I think that with Amazon implying that there's more than one island, I'm wondering if we'll get a more complete map of Alola with the info in two weeks. IIRC, we got maps of Unova and Kalos around the early part of the summer.
    I think it was July when we got them.

The sevii islands had seperate in game maps so I can see them repeat that in a bigger way.

Back