• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nightmare Oblivion

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
  • So I've never done a roleplay on here before to be honest, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in a Pokemon roleplay? Sort of like mystery dungeon, but it's more relaxing and chill than mystery dungeon. But there is some sort of a plot to it, it's sort of just like.. I dunno. I'm not good at these. If anyone has any ideas or anything feel free to pitch in. I'm sorry ;-;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So I've never done a roleplay on here before to be honest, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in a Pokemon roleplay? Sort of like mystery dungeon, but it's more relaxing and chill than mystery dungeon. But there is some sort of a plot to it, it's sort of just like.. I dunno. I'm not good at these. If anyone has any ideas or anything feel free to pitch in. I'm sorry ;-;

Hello there, welcome to RPing! I don't know if you saw my post in the "check to see" thread, but I moved your thread here anyways.

You'd like to start a PMD RP then? First thing to consider is probably the setting and plot, yes. Are players going to play as pokémon themselves, like in PMD? Will they be part of a guild or live in a town or maybe in the wild?

Will there be missions or would you want the RP to start with some kind of event or happening that forces the players to react and bond in order to save the world or something like that? Start small and see what ideas you can grow c: Mostly when people talk about PMD RPs they usually mean the style with having an Explorers Guild and missions somehow. But you want something more chillax, so perhaps focus on describing a setting for your players in order to give them enough substance to build their own characters and backstories around?

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • You're so nice thank you ;v;

For the setting I'd probably have them live in the wild, but not too far from town. The players would be playing as Pokemon themselves, and for the plot, I'd like to say that I could make a character sheet and then we could build the plot around that I guess? They are a part of an exploration team.

Pokemon Character sheet
    Pokemon:
    Name:
    Type:
    Exploration Team:
    Leader or Partner?:
    Backstory:
    Appearance (Like special markings and whatnot):

Skylar's Pokemon Character Sheet
    Pokemon: Litten
    Name: Charcoal
    Type: Fire
    Exploration Team: Burning Blaze
    Leader or Partner?: Leader
    Backstory: Charcoal was abandoned in the wild by his parents. They didn't want him because he was a shiny and would attract more attention. He started off slow with adventures by venturing through the forest and small caves with weak Pokemon. He did it for awhile until he grew older and learned about rescue teams. He decided to start up a rescue team, Burning Blaze, in honor of his love for adventure and saving other Pokemon. He has two other people on his team who joined his team because they also liked adventuring and helping others. Together they go on adventures and do missions together.
    Appearance (Like special markings and whatnot): Shiny Litten. Has a few scars on his body from various fights with other rescue teams.

Years
  • I'd recommend taking a look at how some of the other RPs are structured and/or checking out our extensive list of guides if you're new to RPing here or in general. You seem to have a good idea of the concept of what you want ie. a relaxed mystery dungeon sort of RP. The next thing to do, before worrying about character sheets and the like, is to decide how you want the RP to function and to develop your setting and plot.

Years
  • What do you mean how it functions? I'm bad at this i'm sorry ;v;

Basically, are you going to make it really story driven or are you planning to have people do their own thing? Are you going to give a lot of freedom and make things sandbox, or will you run a chapter-based RP? Are there any specific mechanics relating to things like movesets or evolution you'll be implementing?

That sort of stuff.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • Ah. I'll probably make it pretty story-driven and there wil be evolution implemented in the story, and I think things will be a mix of freedom and sandbox if that makes sense.

Back