• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Quest #3: Pokémon Photobomb!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Week 3: Pokémon Photobomb!

L26WGsc.png

Spoiler: Pokémon GO Weekly Quests: Introduction!
    Welcome to Pokémon Go: Weekly Quests! This is a weekly event designed to provide an extra challenge to all of us Pokémon Go players out there and see who really is the best trainer. Take part in these fun challenges to give some structure to your Pokémon Go adventures and see if you can come out on top. We'll be hatching eggs, hoarding Pokémon, taking pictures and lots more, so stick around and see which events tickle your fancy. Don't worry if you're nervous of competition - some weeks we'll be competing for the win, some weeks we'll be working together towards a common goal and some weeks we'll be trying to meet personal milestones all in the name of fun. Any event suggestions are of course welcome!

Week 3: Pokémon Photobomb!
    Now it's time for the most requested event last week!

This week's event works a little differently to the last couple of weeks. This time we're not going out hunting for Pokémon or building up points - instead we're going to become photographers! It's time to document Pokémon living in their natural habitats and see what they get up to when we're not looki-wait, is that Abra sat on the toilet? The aim of this week is to take photos of Pokémon in the wild which fall under the categories listed below. You can submit each photo for more than one category and the photo which is chosen to best fit that category will win the prize.

Without further adieu, here are the categories we'll be using this week. Hover over them for descriptions!:

Aesthetic Natural Cute
    Unique Humour

All entries will automatically be submitted for the Unique category, but otherwise you need to specify which categories you want to enter your picture for when you post it! Feel free to post as many or as few pictures as you wish, and as stated before each picture can count for as many categories as you'd like. A fan vote will decide the winners once all submissions are in (deadline: August 15th) where I'll post all of the entries for each category and we'll vote as a community (August 16th - 18th) on which we think fits each category best.

All clear? If not then feel free to ask questions in this thread to clarify, otherwise let's get to snapping some pictures and I can't wait to see the results!

Rules
    1. Submissions for this contest end on August 15th!
    2. A voting round will then take place from August 16th - 18th to decide the winners.
    3. Each photo can be submitted for different categories!
    4. Use the built-in picture taking option in GO to take your pictures as this displays your username!
    5. Progress updates and general discussion are encouraged :)
    6. Feel free to double-post if you have two updates to make and no one has posted in between!
    7. This goes without saying but do not submit any NSFW entries or stolen entries!
    Participants
    Simply post your interest in the thread to take part.
    • Squirrel
    Future Events
    If any of these events take your fancy then feel free to request them in this thread for next week and I'll bump them up, otherwise I'll pick one randomly! Striked out events have happened recently and won't be considered for a few weeks.

Spoiler:
    Rewards
    As the weeks progress there'll be more prizes to rack up (and not just emblems!) including rewards based on how often you compete. For this round we have prizes for each contest category:

wnhwkum.png
    WsbtBwk.png
    iT8plRw.png
    bJgNhcP.png

Plus a special prize for the winner of the Unique category!​

All that's left to say is good luck and remember to bring along TM70!

Years
  • Nooooo my orientation on phone doesn't work, i don't have built in gyroscope in phone and i can't catch pokemons with my camera and i really hoped to be part of the next event coz i missed all others. *Cries*

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Man, I wish I saved my Ponyta photo for this occasion!
    Spoiler:

...Obviously this would go under the "natural" category.
    Enter screenshots from any time you want haha, I don't mind if it was taken before the contest. Art is timeless after all! Only question, what did you take this one with since it doesn't have the username in the bottom-right corner?

Nooooo my orientation on phone doesn't work, i don't have built in gyroscope in phone and i can't catch pokemons with my camera and i really hoped to be part of the next event coz i missed all others. *Cries*
    Aw man I'm sorry to hear this - hopefully that isn't a common problem or I'd have gone for something different! I'll make sure to do a more basic catching event next week so that you can definitely take part :)

Years
  • Aw man I'm sorry to hear this - hopefully that isn't a common problem or I'd have gone for something different! I'll make sure to do a more basic catching event next week so that you can definitely take part :)

Well that depands on mobile phones, if you don't have built in gyroscope mobile can't find orientation, so no blind zombie-like catching pokemons for me :)

Years
  • Count me in for sure! ^^

Sorry to be a pain, Squirrel, could you list the category descriptions for me as I can't hover for them on the iPad... :3c

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Only question, what did you take this one with since it doesn't have the username in the bottom-right corner?
    I usually block out my name because I don't want people to know where I am at any time. Only reason why I haven't shared any gym screenshots.

But I'll probably change my in-game nick to something generic and use that from now on. Makes sharing things easier.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Yes!! I'm so in for this. queuing this to go up on Facebook tomorrow, also

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Count me in for sure! ^^

Sorry to be a pain, Squirrel, could you list the category descriptions for me as I can't hover for them on the iPad... :3c
    Yep of course! Here they are:

Aesthetic: Beauty to behold! This category aims to select the most beautiful photo from the submissions which truly showcases the Pokémon model's beauty and makes our jaws drop.
    Natural: Showcase a Pokémon in its natural habitat! The winner of this category will show off a Pokémon in as natural of a setting as possible like something from a nature documentary.
    Cute: D'awww, so cute! This category defines adorable; the winner will be a picture which makes us all go googly-eyed and want to pinch someone's cheeks!
    Unique: It's time to get creative! This category's winner will be the most creative and unique photo of the contest. Just how did you think of that idea?
    Humour: If anyone gets a Magikarp laying in a frying pan then it's most likely a winner. This category is looking for the funniest picture you can find but it'll have to be good to make us laugh!

Hope that helps :)

Also, can we make one entry per category or just one entry overall that may get voted in any number of categories?
    As many or as few as you'd like :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Jae I think that Diglett picture may be the hardest I've laughed for quite a while! The Ponyta one is also pretty wonderful but blimey the area you live in looks nice. I'll start trying properly for this contest tomorrow when I head out Pokémon hunting but I'm already thinking you'll be hard to beat. However, as always, that will be my mission 8D

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • The Ponyta one is also pretty wonderful but blimey the area you live in looks nice.
    I actually don't live anywhere near there. It's just within traveling distance of my workplace.

I live much farther away in rural areas so I know the struggle people go through living in small suburban towns.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'll try and take some specifically for this but for now I'll enter this little fella in Natural and Cute...

Spoiler:
    Nooo Mister Squirtle don't fall in the pond you're so close to the edge :( I love this one and blimey you found such a pretty place for it!

I'll enter one of my own for the Aesthetic category:

Spoiler:

And another for the Humour category:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Nooo Mister Squirtle don't fall in the pond you're so close to the edge :( I love this one and blimey you found such a pretty place for it!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Aw don't worry he wasn't close to the edge he was just jumping!

Poor poor Magikarp! {XD} Eevee so photogenic! What lovely scenery too!

Years
  • Nooo Mister Squirtle don't fall in the pond you're so close to the edge :( I love this one and blimey you found such a pretty place for it!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Loving that Eevee shot for Aesthetic.

Jae's Diglet is so great, too.

This is a fun competition but wow, apparently this is harder for me than I thought it would be! xD We'll see if I can turn anything out... Edit: Also, how do you actually view and do anything with a picture you took with the in-game camera? Where does it go? lol #Can'tFindMyPicture

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Loving that Eevee shot for Aesthetic.

Jae's Diglet is so great, too.

This is a fun competition but wow, apparently this is harder for me than I thought it would be! xD We'll see if I can turn anything out... Edit: Also, how do you actually view and do anything with a picture you took with the in-game camera? Where does it go? lol #Can'tFindMyPicture
    There'll be a new album in your gallery named PokemonGO, they should be in there :)

Back