• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Quest #3: Pokémon Photobomb!

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    I hope you're all ready, because I have quite a bit for the "Natural" category:

My personal favorite is the Slowbro (CP1979), hands down. Caught it with a single throw, too ;)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    That Bulbasaur picture is genuinely wonderful! Honestly I find it hard to beat that, it even has the whole "get out of here stranger!" vibe to it and it's a really fitting background haha. Very nice job!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Love the Rattata one Spoony, he really looks like a common street rat which is perfect for him haha.

Time for some more submissions of my own!

Cute:
    Spoiler:

Humour:
    Spoiler:

Cute:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I think Jae wins the Natural category hands down with those last few shots. They look awesome! And I feel like any photo with a floppy Magikarp in it is just automatically funny. :P

I'll try dedicating some time tomorrow to taking a few shots just for the contest, but just so I have something up in the meantime -

Wild Pidgey appeared! Dog used Leer.
    Spoiler: Cute

I wish I found him in the fish section, but alas
    Spoiler: Humour

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I like how the Magikarp in the second one seems to just be shouting "pick me pick me :D" XD Also your dog is adorable omg I want it.

Submissions for the contest must be posted by the end of tomorrow (August 15th)! I'll be lenient with time zones so as long as they're posted in a reasonable time then that's fine - also be sure to let me know if anyone needs an extension :)

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    A couple entries that I gathered over the week:
    1. Put this one down for the Cute Category
    Spoiler:

2.Had a little standoff heading back to my room one night, luckily I beat it. Put this one down for Humour!
    Spoiler:

3. Apparently it wasn't very happy about losing! Not going to sleep while that thing is my room! Another Humour.
    Spoiler:

4.And then a little Natural I suppose? Pretty sure it was trying to take over my TV but I foiled its plan.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Omg that's the tiniest Weedle I've ever seen I love it ♥ And oh god those Drowzee are creepy I feel bad for you!

Hi guys, please submit all of your final entries within the next few hours for them to be counted :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Deadline for photo submissions has been extended until the end of today, had two people request late entries so I'll give them time to upload them :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Looks like those entries never came in, oh well! Time to show off all of our collected art and pick our winners :D Without further delay, here are the entries for each category... (A couple were submitted as Unique but that category encompasses every photo taken so I pushed them into the most fitting sections - also please let me know if any of the links are broken for you guys!)

The Entries

Aesthetic:
    Spoiler:

Cute:
    Spoiler:

Humour:
    Spoiler:

Natural:
    Spoiler:

As for the Unique category, every single photograph above is automatically entered for this and so any can be selected!

How to Vote

• In order to cast your votes, simply send me a private message with your top pick from each category.
    • You can vote in as many or as few categories as you wish, but ideally vote in as many as possible!
    • You do not have to have submitted an entry in order to cast a vote.
    • Choose your favourite for each category based on which photograph you feel best fits the theme of that category.
    • Voting will close two days from now, so get your votes in whilst you can!
    As always, feel free to keep discussing the pictures and contest in this thread and of course talk about your favourites, but don't give away your votes! Good luck to all of our entries :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Aesthetic: Eevee
    Cute: Weedle
    Humour: Diglett
    Natural: Bulbasaur
    Unique: Tentacool (in the humour contestants)
    I did say don't post them in the thread ;)

Voting closes in 24 hours; make sure to send your votes in by PM before the end of tomorrow!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Okay guys, Week 3 is over and it's time to announce our winners! Here's the winner for each category...

Aesthetic
    Spoiler:

Cute
    Spoiler:

Humour
    Spoiler:

Natural
    Spoiler:

Unique
    Spoiler:

It's been a great week with some very cool, quirky, interesting and adorable photography being demonstrated by everyone. Very impressed to see the quality of this week's entries and a big congratulations to all of our winners! Everyone did a great job and even if your entry didn't win I can assure you that almost every single picture received at least one vote so no one has been left behind!

That's all for this week, until next time ♥

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Cool!

As a tip for those who may not know:

When you find a Pokémon you want to "photograph," you can turn off AR, reposition somewhere else, and turn AR on again over and over until you get the backdrop you want. Every time you reset the AR, the Pokémon will reposition to center wherever you're facing (not factoring angle/altitude).

So theoretically, anyone who wants to take a photo of a Magikarp in a frying pan only needs to first find a Magikarp, start the encounter, then go home and reset the AR in front of the stove.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    So theoretically, anyone who wants to take a photo of a Magikarp in a frying pan only needs to first find a Magikarp, start the encounter, then go home and reset the AR in front of the stove.

You mean to say you don't usually carry a frying pan with you when playing GO? o_O

Back