• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yooka-Laylee (2017) - Game Discussion Thread

Would you buy this game?

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • lQKgLsi.jpg

Yooka-Laylee
    System: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC Developer: Playtonic Games

Mumbo Jumbo must have had one last magic spell under his sleeve, as Rare lives on again in the form of Playtonic Games. Consisting of multiple key workers from the popular retro company Rare, Yooka-Laylee hits the video game market in spring of 2017. Heavily considered as a spiritual successor of the Banjo-Kazooie series, Yooka-Laylee is an action-adventure platformer which follows the adventures of Yooka and Laylee as they try to stop the devilish duo of Capital B and Dr. Quack from absorbing all the world's literature and converting it into profit.

Via the gameplay trailer above, or based on your experiences following the game, what are your thoughts on Yooka-Laylee? Is this something you would pick up if it was available on your system? Give us your thoughts on the game through your comments below
    credit to youtube gaming
    and yooka-laylee wikipedia for background info.

Years
  • Oh my gosh I'm so excited for this game.

Buddy 3D platformers like Banjo-Kazooie and Ratchet and Clank were some of my favorite games from my childhood. I spent so many hours collecting all the items and finding all the little secrets. Yooka-Laylee is so colorful too aaa. The art style is so happy and it looks like it will be an instant hit most people. Overall it just looks like a fun game that I'll have a blast playing :) . I'm probably gonna pick it up for PS4 when it comes out.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Oh my gosh I'm so excited for this game.

Buddy 3D platformers like Banjo-Kazooie and Ratchet and Clank were some of my favorite games from my childhood. I spent so many hours collecting all the items and finding all the little secrets. Yooka-Laylee is so colorful too aaa. The art style is so happy and it looks like it will be an instant hit most people. Overall it just looks like a fun game that I'll have a blast playing :) . I'm probably gonna pick it up for PS4 when it comes out.

It honestly just looks exactly like a Banjo-Kazooie game. You've it your heroes transforming into different things, Grant Kirkhop manning the helm for the score of the game, collecting random shit, beautiful overworlds, corny character names. So far this is my #1 most anticipated game for 2017 - I honestly cannot wait for the game to drop.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    Absolutely! I backed this game's kickstarter and will upgrade to the physical copy option as soon as it becomes available. The character/world design, the music, the humor -- this completely has the BK feel down. I love how so many game designers are leaving restrictive corporations and making the kinds of games that I liked growing up. As a SOTN fan, I'm also looking forward to Bloodstained.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yes please!

I loved Banjo-Kazooie as a series despite not having an N64. I watched some speedruns and playthroughs of the game and I really liked it (and I played a bit on an emulator). Would definitely pick up Yooka-Laylee on PC probably if I had enough money at the time.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Banjo Tooie is my favorite game EVER. And Kazooie is pretty close to!

So of course I can't wait for Yookah-Laylee. My biggest fear is if it's not on the NX (which I plan to buy), I won't have any platform to play this game :( Arceus help me...

Yukari

You know, the game looks really good, the team developing it seems to be legit, and it's probably going to be a really fun game.

But there is one reason that I won't be getting it...

I don't like Chameleons. > >

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • In case, no one has seen it yet, there was a recent announcement about a certain character being implemetned into the game...

Anyone have any thoughts about this chivalrous hero appearing?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I can't wait to play this. It looks great. I'm a huge fan of Banjo-Kazooie. So sad this genre and style of game faded away over time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I found out about this a couple of months ago (so I was never part of the kickstarter phase), and it looks really intriguing. I never played the Banjo games when I was younger, but I do really miss the 3D collectathon platformer genre, and I really want to support a comeback. I'm hoping this will turn out ok (unlike some other kickstarter projects - I found out about this in the wake of the Mighty No. 9 disappointment, which I hadn't personally participated in either), but so far, it looks like the devs have a good team and really know what they're doing, so I'm optimistic about it. Assuming there are no major problems with the final product, I plan on picking up a physical copy of this once it comes out.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I found out about this a couple of months ago (so I was never part of the kickstarter phase), and it looks really intriguing. I never played the Banjo games when I was younger, but I do really miss the 3D collectathon platformer genre, and I really want to support a comeback. I'm hoping this will turn out ok (unlike some other kickstarter projects - I found out about this in the wake of the Mighty No. 9 disappointment, which I hadn't personally participated in either), but so far, it looks like the devs have a good team and really know what they're doing, so I'm optimistic about it. Assuming there are no major problems with the final product, I plan on picking up a physical copy of this once it comes out.

Personally, and this is just me leaping to conclusions, considering how the core group of people working on it were the same people who made Banjo Kazooie, I would be honestly shocked if this game was nothing but great if you liked those old N64 games. I have very high expectations considering how well their past games were, so I think they'll hit a homer in with this game - it honestly wouldn't surprise me if this game gets the same kind of indie success as Shovel Knight.

Back