• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Veteran Player - Community Newbie

jangocatt

20 Year Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Not sure why I have never found this place before, but it is nice to find such a large group of Pokemon fans. I am a 20 year veteran of the game. Yep, I started with Yellow and that crazy Pikachu following me around back in the early days when you didn't have backlit screens and had to have a light source to play. My kids had Red and Blue and we played for hours. I have owned at least one copy of every game since, including the prizes of my collection, original copies of the Japanese versions of the first games. I've even got the Green that was never released in the US.

Thanks to the 20th Anniversary releases, I am two Pokemon away from completing the Pokedex in X, and actually have one of each Pokemon in my PC except those last two. I'm working on a duplicate set in my Pokebank and can't wait for Sun and Moon to release next month. Anyway, nice to meet you all and I look forward to chatting soon!

Years
    Excellent! Another long time Pokémon fan! I actually need to go to the Gamestop and pick up my Volcanion before it's too late! I'm sure you'll have a great time here on the forums! What's your favorite Pokémon type to use, if I might ask? Mine is the Electric and Steel Type Pokémon (despite the Generation VI nerf Steel got hit with)

jangocatt

20 Year Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Fire and Dragon are my favorite Pokemon types. Gyarados is my all time favorite Pokemon. So much so, that I have a tattoo of a shiny Gyarados on my arm.

That sounds insanely cute! I hope I can play with my kids if I have any. But right now little brother and I both play, which is more than what I could ask for. Welcome to the forum jangocatt ^^

Hope you'll keep posting! This is a great community for all Pokémon fans and tons goes on every day, especially around the release of new main series games like now.

jangocatt

20 Year Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Thanks Sheep! Luckily, in my opinion, I've had two sets of kids that kept me in touch with the game. My oldest kids are 23 and 21 and were around for the Red/Blue/Yellow days. My youngest kids are 12 and 7 (almost 8) and have been playing since the Heartgold/Soulsilver reboot. I've just plugged along the entire time, playing for extended periods at times and taking breaks to keep the games fresh.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Not sure why I have never found this place before, but it is nice to find such a large group of Pokemon fans. I am a 20 year veteran of the game. Yep, I started with Yellow and that crazy Pikachu following me around back in the early days when you didn't have backlit screens and had to have a light source to play. My kids had Red and Blue and we played for hours. I have owned at least one copy of every game since, including the prizes of my collection, original copies of the Japanese versions of the first games. I've even got the Green that was never released in the US.

Thanks to the 20th Anniversary releases, I am two Pokemon away from completing the Pokedex in X, and actually have one of each Pokemon in my PC except those last two. I'm working on a duplicate set in my Pokebank and can't wait for Sun and Moon to release next month. Anyway, nice to meet you all and I look forward to chatting soon!
    Welcome to the forums! It's nice to hear such a dedicated fan finally finding us online (: Hopefully you'll be able to complete your dex by trading here~ Really cool tattoo you've got, it sounds like C:

Did you try the Sun & Moon demo yet?

jangocatt

20 Year Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Haven't tried the demo and not sure I want to. We pre-ordered copies and I may just wait until it releases so I don't have to start and stop.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Nice collection you got there! I wonder if the new games will measure up to the classics. Anyway, welcome!

Back