• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Hidden Item Flags

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
  • When you use a hidden item, you have to use a hidden id so it can only be used once. Is there a flag that correlates with the hidden id's being used so I can use "checkflag" to see if someone picked up something from the ground?

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • i think it's flag 0x154 + 0x[hidden item id]
    the very first item id is the potion in viridian forest, followed by the antidote in viridian forest, though. this is definite

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • i think it's flag 0x154 + 0x[hidden item id]
    the very first item id is the potion in viridian forest, followed by the antidote in viridian forest, though. this is definite

Ahh, those are the item "pokeball overworlds" that you find scattered throughout the game, but not the invisible items I'm looking for. :/

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Ahh, those are the item "pokeball overworlds" that you find scattered throughout the game, but not the invisible items I'm looking for. :/
    lol rip me for not actually checking anywhere
    hmmmm not any flag things i check like actually have anything, there also has to be at least 0xBE items too
    we have two relatively large ranges possible, i can't really check anything rn tho </3
    0x301 - 0x4AF
    0x701 - 0x7FF

Years
  • Bumping this thread because I didn't find the answer posted anywhere else and it's the first result for this question on Google so maybe it will help someone else with a similar problem.
    When you use a hidden item, you have to use a hidden id so it can only be used once. Is there a flag that correlates with the hidden id's being used so I can use "checkflag" to see if someone picked up something from the ground?
    The Hidden IDs for signpost Hidden Items start at the flag number 0x3E8.

So, if your Hidden Item's Hidden ID in AdvanceMap is 0A, the flag 0x3E8 + 0xA = 0x3F2 will be set when the player picks it up.

This is for FireRed. In Emerald, they start at 0x1F4, and in Ruby it seems like they start at 0x258.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Plopped a wee link to this into the first post of my XSE toot in case it gets buried again x

Back