• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Hi, I want some advice for a good ROM hack. I prefer ones where you don't have to grind for hours or at least where you will get lucky egg for exp. boost, Gen. IV special/physical split is fine with me too, not a big fan of later gen. Pokemon in Gen. III hacks. Also I don't care about catching legendaries coz I never use them on my team.
List of hack that I've played(I've played all Gen I-V games several times) :
Pokemon Ash Gray
Pokemon Storm Silver
Pokemon Complex Crystal
Pokemon Blaze Black
Pokemon Rocket Strike
Pokemon Flawless Platinum
Pokemon Volt White 2
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Pokemon Outlaw
Pokemon Cawps
Pokemon Korosu
Pokemon Victory Fire
Pokemon Resolute Version

Thanks for the help.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hi, I want some advice for a good ROM hack. I prefer ones where you don't have to grind for hours or at least where you will get lucky egg for exp. boost, Gen. IV special/physical split is fine with me too, not a big fan of later gen. Pokemon in Gen. III hacks. Also I don't care about catching legendaries coz I never use them on my team.
List of hack that I've played(I've played all Gen I-V games several times) :
Pokemon Ash Gray
Pokemon Storm Silver
Pokemon Complex Crystal
Pokemon Blaze Black
Pokemon Rocket Strike
Pokemon Flawless Platinum
Pokemon Volt White 2
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Pokemon Outlaw
Pokemon Cawps
Pokemon Korosu
Pokemon Victory Fire
Pokemon Resolute Version

Thanks for the help.

Pokémon Glazed and Light Platinum are quite popular and they're both complete!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
is there an emerald/fire red hack where i can get all the pokemon? (at least through gen 4) and are there any sav editors that work with those roms?
Well, there's Pokemon Theta Emerald EX, which has all the Pokemon up to Gen 6. I don't know about save editors that work with it, since I've never tried it myself.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 11, 2017
Can you tell me how to get these Rom hacks to work because I am having a lot of difficulties with it.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 11, 2017
Thanks but it won't load it just freezes after the date screen shows up.

Nothing will work it just freezes is there a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 19, 2017
Hi all,

I'm looking for a FireRed hack that doesn't mess with the story of the original FireRed game. Only thing I was hoping to find was Gen II & III Pokemon that has some semblance of a "go out and find them" as you level up as opposed to having them randomly appear anywhere and everywhere. (i.e. - in G/S/C, you'd find Sentret, Hoot-Hoot, Ledyba early on while in R/B/Y/FR/LG you'd find Pidgey, Rattata, Mankey, Nidoran, etc. early on). I've used the Universal Randomizer on LeafGreen for iOS as a test run and something about finding Level 3 Nidoking right outside of Pallet just leaves something to be desired...(though I did find Cyndaquil and Chikorita in Viridian which is great!)

Anything else that doesn't go too crazy would also be added bonuses - TM Store, Move Re-Learner, Ability to buy additional Sun/Moon Stones...just things like that. I don't need a completely remade game. Just the classic original with the ability to build.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hi all,

I'm looking for a FireRed hack that doesn't mess with the story of the original FireRed game. Only thing I was hoping to find was Gen II & III Pokemon that has some semblance of a "go out and find them" as you level up as opposed to having them randomly appear anywhere and everywhere. (i.e. - in G/S/C, you'd find Sentret, Hoot-Hoot, Ledyba early on while in R/B/Y/FR/LG you'd find Pidgey, Rattata, Mankey, Nidoran, etc. early on). I've used the Universal Randomizer on LeafGreen for iOS as a test run and something about finding Level 3 Nidoking right outside of Pallet just leaves something to be desired...(though I did find Cyndaquil and Chikorita in Viridian which is great!)

Anything else that doesn't go too crazy would also be added bonuses - TM Store, Move Re-Learner, Ability to buy additional Sun/Moon Stones...just things like that. I don't need a completely remade game. Just the classic original with the ability to build.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

The Sideshow Showcase section should have the type of hacks you're looking for. The section mostly includes hacks that have more/all Pokémon available, sometimes with newer generation mechanics, without any changes in the story.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 19, 2017
The Sideshow Showcase section[/URL] should have the type of hacks you're looking for. The section mostly includes hacks that have more/all Pokémon available, sometimes with newer generation mechanics, without any changes in the story.

Awesome! I'll take a look over there. Thanks!

Years
I have 2 friends who love Pokemon and play the games, same way I do.
We often do a thing where each of us plays the same game or the same gen, but each pick a different starter. My best exaple is R/S/E, one plays Ruby and picks Torchic, you get the point.
I'm always the water guy, the one who picks the "blue" game or the game that reminds water the most. I always pick the water starter. And there comes my stupid little problem.
My friends and I wanna play the gen 1 remakes, but we're all too perfectionists, and don't want to play without a "Water Blue" version or "Aqua Blue" etc.
All I want is a little change in the into of FR or LG, to make it so it spells WaterBlue and there is a Blastoise. Without any other changes to the game.
We're too stupid to ignore the intro. We really want that WaterBlue version.
Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll consider.

Maya

Fairy-type Fanatic
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
What fan games would you recommend to a new player?

I've never tried playing any user-created games before but I'm really interested in trying one. What do you think would be a good start for someone new to the scene?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I've never tried playing any user-created games before but I'm really interested in trying one. What do you think would be a good start for someone new to the scene?

I merged your post with the general recommendations thread as this is a common question. You can have a look at previous replies for suggestions.

Some completed hacks that have won Hack of the Year are Pokémon Glazed and Light Platinum. Gaia's worth checking out but it's still in beta. Most games in the Hacks Studio and Games Showcase are complete so you can check those forums, too.

Maya

Fairy-type Fanatic
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I merged your post with the general recommendations thread as this is a common question. You can have a look at previous replies for suggestions.

Some completed hacks that have won Hack of the Year are Pokémon Glazed and Light Platinum. Gaia's worth checking out but it's still in beta. Most games in the Hacks Studio and Games Showcase are complete so you can check those forums, too.

Sorry about that; I wasn't sure if this was the correct place.
Thank you very much for your suggestions, I'll definitely check those out!

garferno

Pokemon Master(unlike Ash)!
Years
Interesting Fan Games

Hello,I'd like to know the names of some Pokemon Fan Games(made through RPGMXP or Pokemon Essentials) which are quite good.I've tried Reborn and Melanite(both are quite fun) and am now downloading Infernal Red.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.-I prefer those with Gen 1-6 Pokes,PokeGear-type thingies or Mystery Gifts.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 1, 2020
Looking for a new Pokemon Naturia download

I accidentally deleted my Pokemon Naturia download but when I went to redownload it I couldn't find the download anymore :c does anyone have one? That was my favorite m hack..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Question regarding certain rom

Is there a rom that features most of gen one through the last gen if not the second to last, that has some sort of end game battle frontier with randomized battles?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
help chosing next rom hack

Hey guys and girls

So I've just finished glazed and I absolutely loved it. But I'm stuck as to which rom hack to play next and im looking for recomendations. I've been searching around but there are so many available it's hard to decide

Ideally the game would have these features

No need for hm moves (replaced with key items)
Long game play
Running shoes from early on or a cheat to get running shoes early on
Lots of Pok?mon to catch (ideally not fakemon but don't mind if there well made)
New maps/ additional areas
Something that is completely finished

I'm using vba x on my windows phone to play so would also have to be compatible with this emulator

Any recommendations would he great. Thanks in advance

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
Hey guys and girls

So I've just finished glazed and I absolutely loved it. But I'm stuck as to which rom hack to play next and im looking for recomendations. I've been searching around but there are so many available it's hard to decide

Ideally the game would have these features

No need for hm moves (replaced with key items)
Long game play
Running shoes from early on or a cheat to get running shoes early on
Lots of Pok?mon to catch (ideally not fakemon but don't mind if there well made)
New maps/ additional areas
Something that is completely finished

I'm using vba x on my windows phone to play so would also have to be compatible with this emulator

Any recommendations would he great. Thanks in advance

ever played ash gray?

LuminousWarrior

Knight In Battle Scarred Armour
Years
While it still has HMs, I would suggest Pokemon Vega. It's really well done, you get the running shoes almost immediately and can use them indoors, has a completely new region, it does have Fakemon but they're incredibly well done, and you've actually got a reason to finish the Pokedex.
However, word of warning, the game is brutally hard. Don't choose the Fire starter. The first three Gym Leaders can wipe the floor with the Fire starter. Even the Bug-type Gym Leader, Annette, uses a Shuckle with Rock Slide, which ruins any plans to sweep her with a Fire-Type.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 16, 2017
crossover pokemon roms

Just wondering what cross over roms are out there at the minute. I have the digimon and dragonball ones but i cant seem to find anymore and i personally think a transformers one would be fantastic obviosuly based on the old cartoon none of the michael bay tihs

Back