• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
Newbie to the community but not a newbie to pokemon just started getting back into it big a few years ago and came across this site looking for advice on a fanmade rom thought I'd join. Anybody got some good pointers or tips for what all to do here? (Sorry if it doesn't make sense it's been a long day)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
Hey Everyone sooo I'm looking for any rom hack that includes any sort of Exp share as well as a good storyline, something that gives me a thrill to play. I like Gen 1-3 but honestly I love em all so the base game doesn't matter. I'll consider the fan made with fakemon but prefer the roms with original Pokemon or updated versions of them. Sorry if I don't make sense hard to put exactly what I want into a post lol. Any suggestions?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Hey Everyone sooo I'm looking for any rom hack that includes any sort of Exp share as well as a good storyline, something that gives me a thrill to play. I like Gen 1-3 but honestly I love em all so the base game doesn't matter. I'll consider the fan made with fakemon but prefer the roms with original Pokemon or updated versions of them. Sorry if I don't make sense hard to put exactly what I want into a post lol. Any suggestions?

Unbound has three options for Exp. gain that you can change in the options menu anytime: Off, Exp. Share (for the entire party), and Capped Exp. Share (same, but prevents overlevelling)

It has no fakemon, Gen 1-7 Pokémon, and good enough story for a Pokémon game. Although if you want to enjoy the story, better play on the lower difficulties, because otherwise you might get frequently stuck at difficult battles and that makes quite hard to follow the plot.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
Thank you so much for that I will definitely look into that one. Does it need to be patched or anything or can I just download and play automatically?

Years
I know there are thousands of Pokémon Emerald enhanced romhacks but I would like a romhack that has new tiles (preferably with overworlds sprites too).​

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Hello, l've recently bought a retro handheld and it had the below hacks on it. Can anyone recommend any of the following?

Adventures red chapter
Ashgray
Blazed glazed
Clover
Dark cry legend of the giranti
Dark rising
Dark rising 2
Dreams
Fire red rocket edition
Flora sky
Gia
Glazed
Gs chronicles
Kanlara ultimate
Light platinum
Liquid crystal
Mega power
Orange islands
Radical red
Snake wood
Ultra shiny gold sigma
Unbound

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Hello, l've recently bought a retro handheld and it had the below hacks on it. Can anyone recommend any of the following?

Adventures red chapter
Ashgray
Blazed glazed
Clover
Dark cry legend of the giranti
Dark rising
Dark rising 2
Dreams
Fire red rocket edition
Flora sky
Gia
Glazed
Gs chronicles
Kanlara ultimate
Light platinum
Liquid crystal
Mega power
Orange islands
Radical red
Snake wood
Ultra shiny gold sigma
Unbound

Kanlara ultimate, Floral sky,Gaia, glazed, unbound and light platinum is one of pretty few romhack with original Pokémon region especially unbound is can be said as maybe the best romhack of all time before the era of romhack end on 2019 ago

Radical red is romhack that focus on increasing Pokémon FireRed playing experience on to the new platform with increasing difficulty on battle with revamping the trainer Pokémon roster both that you encounter in road gym elite four and champions, mega evolution and bringing next gen pokémon on kanto, this game really favors for by purist

I can only recommend this

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Any hacks where characters from other games or anime (Red, Blue, Gold, Silver, May, Brendon, Ash, Gary, Brock, Misty, etc.) feature as rivals? Or feature post game and can be battled? Any hacks where you have a pokemon league tournament style that can be replayed and these characters feature?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 23, 2023
I need some suggestions for PMD ROM Hacks.
My list of wants:
- Not made harder (can be a little bit harder but not too hard)
- Has Farfetch'd as a playable character
- Good story
- thats all

Back