• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Salazzle Event Announced for the US and Europe!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
  • After the genuinely good Shiny Tapu Koko event we are back to nothing events like this one. Where is Ash Hat Pikachu for none Japanese games?

I'm not picking this event up

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • After the genuinely good Shiny Tapu Koko event we are back to nothing events like this one. Where is Ash Hat Pikachu for none Japanese games?

You do realize that female Salandits are hard to come by in-game? This is giving other unlucky players a chance to get a Salazzle. Plus, it comes with a free Focus Sash, which is crucial for competitive play.

Years

Pinkie does have a point, since female Salandit are often hard to come by in the games so getting a chance to get this event will have a nice fully-evolved battle-ready Salazzle without having to go through the annoying process of finding the female Salandit.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Am definitely picking this up! Though I have a Salazzle of my own, mine is like a glass canon and not really usable for competitive play. I love these battle-ready Pok?mon also because they help with teambuilding and introducing players to online competitive battles.

A question: by the time I will be picking up this Pok?mon, I will be in Spain. Will that Salazzle have a SPA-mark on it?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • You do realize that female Salandits are hard to come by in-game? This is giving other unlucky players a chance to get a Salazzle. Plus, it comes with a free Focus Sash, which is crucial for competitive play.

There is a difference between 'hard to get' and 'unobtainable'. Ash Hat Pikachu is unobtainable outside or Japan (Or hacking) and the rest of the world really should have had it by now.

Whilst it may be frustrating to catch or breed a Female Salandit it is not difficult enough to be worthy of an event especially when we still haven't had Ash Hat Pikachu, a fun and unique Pokemon that l want to be able to use.

And it's not difficult to get a Focus Band. They are a mere 32 points in the Battle Tree.

But instead of a fun event like Ash Hat Pikachu we get this near worthless Salazzle event.

Years
  • There is a difference between 'hard to get' and 'unobtainable'. Ash Hat Pikachu is unobtainable outside or Japan (Or hacking) and the rest of the world really should have had it by now.

I think TPCi is likely waiting for M20 to come out in the dub first, which will be in November.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I think TPCi is likely waiting for M20 to come out in the dub first, which will be in November.

I still have no idea why they haven't released Ash-Hat Pikachu in the rest of the world already. If they wait until November the release of an Ash Hat Pikachu excitement may be lost in the joy of a new main series.

Perhaps I should accept that the release of Shiny Tapu Koko (Although ironically I prefer his yellow non Shiny form) outside of Japan was an anomaly in good events being released outside of Japan. It does not seem fair Japan gets Ash Hat Pikachu many months before the rest of the world if we do get it at all. :(

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ew it's one of those "you have to drive to a game store" events

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Does anyone know the point of this and the Lycanroc event as TCG promotions? Maybe I haven't read up quite enough, but they're giving nearly competitive-ready (albeit not OU tier or anything) Gen 7 Pokemon... for no apparent reason but to show off new TCG sets? I won't complain about any of these of course, I love it, but it's just so inexplicable.

Maybe the TCG is just still far more popular than I'd realized, that could be all. :P

ew it's one of those "you have to drive to a game store" events

I used to feel this way too, but after learning about the employees at my current Game Stop home store and becoming friends with them, I really like these events. It helps them a lot with traffic and might make a few sales - maybe even of game consoles if people see things they like!

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
    Years
  • It helps them a lot with traffic and might make a few sales - maybe even of game consoles if people see things they like!

^^^ Exactly why they don't do in-game distributions all the time. They'll give you the code and some people will look at that Salazzle box and say "Oh I want that too!" Some people also think it's rude to go into a store, take something free and leave without a purchase. So it helps Gamestop with sales and maybe get more people into the TCG as well.

The TCG is pretty big. The in-game tie ins help with sales too for the reasons I said above.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • I feel this event would be better if it were a Shiny Salazzle since trying to get a Shiny female is a bigger pain than trying to get a normal one and just being a shiny mon at all would more than likely help to bring more people in, though an events an event so I'n sure a lot people will still want these codes or the mon itself.

No plans to get this one atm.

Years
  • I know this may look like a double post, but I am bumping to inform any Australian users viewing this that Salazzle is now available at EB Games stores. The event will last until September 4th.

Back