• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Just Because!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Just Because!

Studio: Pine Jam (Gamers!, Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara)
    Genre: Drama, Romance​

Summary:
    Spoiler:

This show's been on my personal watchlist since the moment I saw it on the livechart, and for no real reason. It was only upon watching part of the first episode that I realized that it was not only by the same studio as Gamers!, but it also has very similar character design, which is to say that the animation can tend to look kind of ugly.

This aside, I haven't seen setpieces this beautiful in a long goddamn time, and while I do feel that they're made this beautiful specifically with this being an episode 1 in mind, the environments really add a flourish of life to any scene that's given a penny's worth of attention, which is most of them. Another point in its favor is that its director, Atsushi Kobayashi, who seems to be completely new to anime, does a pretty solid job with this first episode, even despite the flow being incredibly easy to disrupt.

Anyone else watching this show?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I am not, but it seems interesting. I will add it to my to-watch-later list.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I have been following all the PV and stuff about this show previous to its release. I haven't seen any of the shows adapted/produced by Pine Jam, so this will be a first time.
    Aaaaaaaaaand, just got the first episode so I'll let you know later.

Years
  • Play by play reaction to episode one:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Episode 2 play-by-play:

Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

So far most of the characters are utterly annoying (and the seiyuus are doing a great job, don't get me wrong).

Spoiler:

Years
  • Whoops, forgot to comment on episodes 4 and 5 where some pretty serious happenings went down.

Spoiler: Episode 4 and 5 Spoilers
    In episode 4 and 5, we saw Haruto's confession and then a denial and then a potential reneging of the denial by Mio. Meanwhile more people are figuring out Eita has the hots for Mio and Mio might have had the hots for Haruto.

Spoiler: Episode 6 Spoilers
    Eita actually doing something by dragging Haruto back to the ball field, this time with his own ulterior motives. Mio's "confession" was a bit unexpected. Haruto is way to ecstatic about Hazuki telling him she needs time to think, lol. Photo club girl is really getting desperate for being allowed to use that photo.[/SPOILER]

I haven't really ever been this intrigued by a high school drama, honestly. Probably because there's not a lot of it that feels written for the sake of drama.

Back