Emerald [DECOMP][ALPHA] Pokémon Jasper

Started by LucasThePlatinumMaster December 24th, 2018 6:41 PM
  • 32 replies

LucasThePlatinumMaster

Will turn into Go Ichinose when tickled.

Male
Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
20 posts
5.4 Years

Project Information

Pokémon Jasper Version is being developed by the RHH discord as a community effort.
It's being forked from pret's pokeemerald.

Story

Welcome to the Corba Region!
Start your adventure as an assistant to the well-renowned fossil researcher, Professor Gneiss.
Research fossils, uncover ancient civilizations, and discover Pokemon Jasper Version's ancient mysteries!

Screenshots

Downloads

Releases are to be patched to a clean Emerald ROM with the following hashes:
MD5:
605b89b67018abcea91e693a4dd25be3
SHA-1:
f3ae088181bf583e55daf962a92bb46f4f1d07b7
Releases | Recommended Patcher
Source Code | How to Build

Team Jasper

Tetra - Graphics, Scripting, Map Design, Planning
Brolunite - Graphics
Saleh - Graphics, Planning
mvit - Graphics, Region Design, Map Design
UltimaSoul - Planning, Map Design
PlatinumMaster - Programming, Music Composition, Scripting, Repository Maintainer, Mapping, Planning
Interested in joining? Message us.

Credits

pret contributors - Decompiling Emerald
ipatix, Kurausukun, ShinyDragonHunter - Porting the HQ mixer to the decomps.
Kyledove - Tiles
Are we missing any credits? Let us know.
© 2018 Team Jasper

Inner Rhymes

Hip Hop and Pokemon are all I need.

Male
India.
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
944 posts
3.4 Years
Oh wow! The screens look gorgeous! Looks a lot like a Fire Red Hack at first. Well done! I'm keeping an eye on this!

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.

Age 18
Male
Canada
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
377 posts
4.3 Years
Looks pretty nice I'm going to download this right now and try it
Rom hacks i support: Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, Pokemon Gaia, Pokemon Firered Rocket Edition, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Unbound, Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron Version, Pokemon Dark energy, Pokemon Sevii, Pokemon Radiant White, Pokemon Darkfire

Hacks I have beta tested: Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron, Pokemon Sevii, Pokemon Aluminum, Pokemon Secret diaries.

Currently a Beta Tester for: Pokemon Aluminum, Pokemon Secret diaries, Pokemon 7 realms.

IMPORTANT: i'm currently OPEN to ANY rom hacks that need beta testing. PM me on pokecommunity, thanks!

LucasThePlatinumMaster

Male
Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
20 posts
5.4 Years
Looks pretty nice I'm going to download this right now and try it
Thanks! I hope you enjoy.

Looks really nice based by those few screenshots!

I am curious how much fakemons are you planning to add here? There is spearow flying so I guess its not going to be full fakemons.
There will be a mix, yes. We do not yet have a precise number of fakemons we plan to add.

Oh wow! The screens look gorgeous! Looks a lot like a Fire Red Hack at first. Well done! I'm keeping an eye on this!
Thank you! Expect some more progress soon.

LucasThePlatinumMaster

Male
Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
20 posts
5.4 Years
I... don't know how to play this
do i need to run it manually or patch it? i am confused
You need to build it. It compiles a playable ROM.

LucasThePlatinumMaster

Male
Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
20 posts
5.4 Years
Yeah... i still dont get shiet, i mean the game looks nice.
so keep up the good work??
There are instructions on how to build it here:
https://gitlab.com/PlatinumMaster/hackathon-project-rhh/blob/master/INSTALL.md

This just depends on what OS your PC is running. If you are still having issues, or don't have a PC to run it, I will put up a patch.

LucasThePlatinumMaster

Male
Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
20 posts
5.4 Years
I think you should just release a patch as that would make it a whole lot easier for players to play your hack.
In that case, I will only release patches when a major version releases.
The repository will be updated very frequently, and making patches for every small change will become tiresome.

Alexa Bliss

Age 31
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
1,275 posts
11.3 Years
The repository will be updated very frequently, and making patches for every small change will become tiresome.
That would be acceptable in my opinion.

Also if the repository makes a rom, I'm actually not sure if that is actually allowed to be posted.

Male
Seen 50 Minutes Ago
Posted August 16th, 2020
304 posts
6.9 Years
So can we get one now, seeing as 1 gym is done?

Edit:
Are you sure the INSTALL.md is up to date? First off, the tools directory in your repo is pretty much empty so build_tools.sh completely fails. To fix this, I copied the tools dir from pokeemerald. Then, when I try to make, it stops at "Failed to open "graphics/pokemon/back_pics/spoink_back_pic.png" for reading." And indeed that file does not exist.

bh02032002

Age 18
Male
Canada
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
377 posts
4.3 Years
quick question, will you finish the game? because it looks very good

LucasThePlatinumMaster

Male
Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
20 posts
5.4 Years
Release patches are now available (link to them in the first post). Please make sure you use Floating IPS to patch your Emerald ROM with the patches.

I don't have a PC :/ Can you please send me a patch?
See the first post for releases.
I like it.
Fakemons are great!
Will you change game tilesets? I would like you do it.
Good Luck!
Thank you! Yes, we have already started changing tilesets.
That would be acceptable in my opinion.

Also if the repository makes a rom, I'm actually not sure if that is actually allowed to be posted.
Yes; it is merely a modified version of the pret decompilation.
So can we get one now, seeing as 1 gym is done?

Edit:
Are you sure the INSTALL.md is up to date? First off, the tools directory in your repo is pretty much empty so build_tools.sh completely fails. To fix this, I copied the tools dir from pokeemerald. Then, when I try to make, it stops at "Failed to open "graphics/pokemon/back_pics/spoink_back_pic.png" for reading." And indeed that file does not exist.
See the first post.
As for the tools issue, I completely forgot the tools were not in there for non-Windows users. I will add that now. The other error you mentioned has been fixed as well.
quick question, will you finish the game? because it looks very good
That's the plan.

Inner Rhymes

Hip Hop and Pokemon are all I need.

Male
India.
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
944 posts
3.4 Years
I finally got time toi play this alpha this evening and I must say, i friggin love what I am seeing so far. I really hope to see this complete! Keep hustling!

bh02032002

Age 18
Male
Canada
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
377 posts
4.3 Years
well i just finished the alpha for this game and i have to say it has it's good points and bad points. the good points are: i like the character sprites, your also making fakemon because that pokemon i found in the canyon was for sure not a real pokemon, i like the fact that the regions based on Africa, I like the custom tiles and cactus trees you made they look really cool. i my last good point is the fact that your focusing on fossil pokemon in the game as the starters are pretty unique. It has a lot of potential. my bad points are: almost all of the npcs can't talk to you, in the city where you get your first gym badge their is two glitched doors (basically when you enter it looks like your going underneath the building if you know what i mean) let us heal man at least you could have let the protagonists Mom to heal you when you where low on health. the last bad point i have is Please fix the gym leader sprite. I know it's an alpha but at least you could have done the gym leader sprites. the last bad point i have is please fix the pokedex entry for the fakemon Terapok. all in all it was very plain (but what do you expect in a alpha) but i see tons of potential and upside in this game. Wish you luck and hope you finish it.
Rom hacks i support: Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, Pokemon Gaia, Pokemon Firered Rocket Edition, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Unbound, Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron Version, Pokemon Dark energy, Pokemon Sevii, Pokemon Radiant White, Pokemon Darkfire

Hacks I have beta tested: Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron, Pokemon Sevii, Pokemon Aluminum, Pokemon Secret diaries.

Currently a Beta Tester for: Pokemon Aluminum, Pokemon Secret diaries, Pokemon 7 realms.

IMPORTANT: i'm currently OPEN to ANY rom hacks that need beta testing. PM me on pokecommunity, thanks!