• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Kinda spoilers but I was fighting the Elite Four and one of them has a Manectricite and yet I didn't see that on the list of Mega Stones on the spreadsheet.

Am I blind and just not seeing it or did the creator forget to add it to the list? Cause if the AI can use it but we can't that's seriously disappointing. More so since its one of my fav Mega's.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2020
    Will I need to use Waterfall and/or dive in this game? Just wondering before I get a physical water type.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    There's a bug in V3.2, when you Mega Evolve Pidgeot, the opponent can still hurt you when using fly and while in the air. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2019
    In the precimos hotel after you defeat the last burglar in the hallway standing before the room with the tablet idol if you speak to him again he will battle you again...must be a bug of some sort,just thought of giving a heads up

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    One of the best hacks I've played. Beautifully mapped, great scripts, compelling story and a great variety of pokemon and features. For someone who does not like to grind, the level of difficulty is just right, even a little too easy I'd say

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2024
    Does buneary evolve with happiness? If so what's the best way to raise happiness quickly?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    Hello, i've enjoyed this game.
    But recently i load the game and all my items where gone.
    My pokedex, Rod, Bike, TM CS with them.

So my guess is that im screwed x')

Can i just load the important items with some cheats ?

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2019
    TO ANYONE WHO HAS TRAINED A NATU/XATU : Why is Natu/Xatu's moveset as it levels up so limited? Reason I'm asking is because I REEALLLYY want one that knows Psycho Shift to breed onto my Sigilyph, but it's past the level where it should have learned it and nothing came up. I thought most of the movesets were based off of Gen 5?

Also, what breeding mechanics does this game use? Can I breed 2 eggs moves from my male Xatu onto a baby Sigilyph?

Bug : At the hotel, you can go up against the last thief as many times as you want before entering the final room. Didn't really mind tho, leveled up my clefairy lol

Finally, thanks Spherical Ice for the awesomely polished game. While I'm not done with v3 yet (currently just got Dive), this is the farthest I've played on a rom because on others it feels like I'm not playing the "legit" thing. I'm looking forward to any more installments you might put out, but if not, thanks for experience so far.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2019
    Does buneary evolve with happiness? If so what's the best way to raise happiness quickly?

Buneary does evolve with happiness. Early on in the game, I got a soothe bell from the mom in the fairy gym town. This was after I rescued her kid's weedle from the forest. Soothe bell boosts happiness as you walk around with a pokemon that holds it, so I had it on my buneary and it evolved earlier then I expected. Otherwise, just make sure you keep it from fainting!

Also assuming you want lopunnite for mega lopunny. You can only get it with Rock Climb, and it's right outside windmist city. Rock climb you get after going through telmurk city and running into the researcher at the tunnel

Last edited:

Hemmo

Hack Lurker
    Years
  • Just finished the game. Loved it!
    The level scaling towards the end was a little sketchy for me.
    I seemed underleveled entering the final area before the Elite Four, so grinded my team to lv65, but one shotted all of the elite four's Pokemon afterwards!
    Just letting you know that Abomasnow's sprite doesn't show in the Hall of Fame screen, instead it's a bulbasaur so looks a little...off with the other Pokemon.

Really well created game Spherical, I'm incredibly impressed by its quality and the content!

My elite four team (Minus Abomasnow):
    https://imgur.com/gallery/UzIEsYw

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2021
    Finally found some free time to finish the game and I just want to share to you all my final team to show how much I appreciate Gaia! Kudos to Spherical Ice for making this!
    vC6TJVx

Last edited:

G27

Years
  • GAIA

Thanks for update, story is excellent as compare to other Pokemon ROM hacks, but some thinks that I don't like, specially attack styles, I noticed that some attacks are same (not different),
    as compare to not popular, but good ROM hack " dark moon, such as:

Molten Raze and Hyper Beam, but actually in Molten Raze, a white light slowly appears.
    Rock slide and Power Gem, but actually in Power Gem, a Flash Ball appears.
    Electro Ball, Discharge, Flash Cannon are same in Gaia, but bit different in other ROM hacks, Flash cannon means a flash light appears, then cannon ball launch.
    (Most electrical attacks are same).
    Muddy Water works like Surf, but actually it should works like Water Gun,
    Rock Climb works like Strength, it's wrong.
    Dark Pulse works like Shadow Ball, but Dark Pulse attack should appear like Moonblast but in Voilet Colour.

And some other thinks that I don't like such as(even without compare to other ROM hacks),
    No Fire Pokémon learns FireBlast attack.
    Ivysaur or Venusaur to late learns Solar Beam attack, but this attack should learn from beginning of Sabulo Tower.
    No Electrical Pokémon specially Pikachu and Raichu never learn Volt Tackle(electric type) attack. Only some Pokemons which uses Meteronome can use, which is extremely shocking think. It's not fair.
    Pikachu very rarely appears only in Laomas Field, but delevoper of this game forget that Pikachu is the main character in entire Pokemon gaming history.
    We cannot catch Gyarados because SUPER ROD is missing.
    In Overall game, only 3 rare Pokemons are available for game player to use like Unown, Deoxys and Rayquaza.
    According to this story, we cannot see catch some good Pokemons such as Charizard, Blastoise, Salamance, Dragonite, Snorlax, Mewtoo etc.
    I like male Pyroar character, but does not know intidimate that cuts attack in battle.

8 issues in story:
    1. Cannot go to Katosurf Town and Ovarr Island, and no options are available to unlock or go to these route.
    2. We don't know story after win Pokémon League of Orbtus Region.
    3. In Archan Town, a machine which regenerates Pokémon from fossils only available in Professor Redwood house, we can only use once, and then never work unless fresh start new games.
    4. We don't know actual secret of Telemurk Werehouses.
    5. How many regions available in overall GAIA story? This game is only showing Orbtus region. I think more regions should add on this game. And make some more interests on story and Pokémon availability.
    6. Story is excellent, but not longer.
    7. No island outside Orbtus region are available as compare to original FireRed.
    8. Only 4 villain boss, I think more boss should added.

As a fan of this game, I reported possible issues in this game that I am facing, I request to developer to improve these thinks.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks for update, story is excellent as compare to other Pokemon ROM hacks, but some thinks that I don't like, specially attack styles, I noticed that some attacks are same (not different),
    as compare to not popular, but good ROM hack " dark moon, such as:

Molten Raze and Hyper Beam, but actually in Molten Raze, a white light slowly appears.
    Rock slide and Power Gem, but actually in Power Gem, a Flash Ball appears.
    Electro Ball, Discharge, Flash Cannon are same in Gaia, but bit different in other ROM hacks, Flash cannon means a flash light appears, then cannon ball launch.
    (Most electrical attacks are same).
    Muddy Water works like Surf, but actually it should works like Water Gun,
    Rock Climb works like Strength, it's wrong.
    Dark Pulse works like Shadow Ball, but Dark Pulse attack should appear like Moonblast but in Voilet Colour.

And some other thinks that I don't like such as(even without compare to other ROM hacks),
    No Fire Pokémon learns FireBlast attack.
    Ivysaur or Venusaur to late learns Solar Beam attack, but this attack should learn from beginning of Sabulo Tower.
    No Electrical Pokémon specially Pikachu and Raichu never learn Volt Tackle(electric type) attack. Only some Pokemons which uses Meteronome can use, which is extremely shocking think. It's not fair.
    Pikachu very rarely appears only in Laomas Field, but delevoper of this game forget that Pikachu is the main character in entire Pokemon gaming history.
    We cannot catch Gyarados because SUPER ROD is missing.
    In Overall game, only 3 rare Pokemons are available for game player to use like Unown, Deoxys and Rayquaza.
    According to this story, we cannot see catch some good Pokemons such as Charizard, Blastoise, Salamance, Dragonite, Snorlax, Mewtoo etc.
    I like male Pyroar character, but does not know intidimate that cuts attack in battle.

8 issues in story:
    1. Cannot go to Katosurf Town and Ovarr Island, and no options are available to unlock or go to these route.
    2. We don't know story after win Pokémon League of Orbtus Region.
    3. In Archan Town, a machine which regenerates Pokémon from fossils only available in Professor Redwood house, we can only use once, and then never work unless fresh start new games.
    4. We don't know actual secret of Telemurk Werehouses.
    5. How many regions available in overall GAIA story? This game is only showing Orbtus region. I think more regions should add on this game. And make some more interests on story and Pokémon availability.
    6. Story is excellent, but not longer.
    7. No island outside Orbtus region are available as compare to original FireRed.
    8. Only 4 villain boss, I think more boss should added.

As a fan of this game, I reported possible issues in this game that I am facing, I request to developer to improve these thinks.
    Since Spherical Ice is not active on the thread for quite a while now, (but it's understandable since Gaia is 90% completed already. Let the man have some rest lol xD) I will try to answer your problems with the hack and keep in mind that I have already completed the game so, yeah. The answers would be in the same order as you put your problems in your post.

Let's start with the move animation problems. The reason why Gaia uses similar move animations to some attacks because it doesn't use MrDollSteak's rom base which uses custom animations in the moves. But don't worry, the move animations might be similar, but the moves have their proper battle effects such as the flinching from Dark Pulse. The only thing I can't get is the Water Gun move animation with Muddy Water. Muddy Water in FR/LG/R/S/E has a recolored Surf animation so I don't see any problem with that. Even Gen. 4/5's animation with Muddy Water is just a recolored Surf animation.

Next is your problems with the Pokemon. Fire types not being able to learn Fire Blast is actually not true, my Magmortar knows Fire Blast so I don't think it's a glitch or something. Next is your problem with the level which Venusaur learns Solar Beam, It's.... It's actually not a problem. You see, this game follows the actual learnset of the Pokemon from Gen. 6 (or 7) and in those generations, Venusaur learns Solar Beam at Level 53 (71 for Gen.7). My guess is probably you played Pokemon Adventures Red Chapter which Bulbasaur already has Solar Beam at the very beginning of the game which follows us unto your next problem with Pikachu/Raichu's moveset this time. Pikachu/Raichu can only learn Volt Tackle via breeding it with another Pikachu/Raichu while either of those Pokemon holds the Light Ball (Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, I'm not a good breeder lol) so definitely it won't learn it. Plus the Pichu line is the only species of Pokemon that can learn Volt Tackle in the canon games. The lack of legendaries is due to the fact that the version we have now is just the 90% of the hack. The final version, v.4 will have Lugia/Ho-oh and the Regis as obtainable legendaries. Also, all the Pokemon that you mentioned that are uncatchable are actually catchable in the version we have now (except for Mewtwo). You can obtain Charmander by buying an egg at Edashore Town, Dratini can be found by fishing at Cosmic Caverns (Good Rod, low encounter rate), Shelgon at Ignis Catacombs (Bagon is only obtainable via breeding) and lastly, Munchlax, at Rimewood Forest. Also Pyroar has Unnerve or Rivalry in the canon games.

Now with the story. The first 2 problems that you mentioned, was connected to the fact the the game is still 90% completed. There is still a lot of plot holes left in the story that will get answered at the final version of the game. There is actually no secret at Telmurk Warehouses though, as much as I want it to have anything, it just doesn't have anything to offer (unless Spherical Ice do something with it in the final version). There will be no more regions added in the game probably since Spherical Ice mentioned that the only areas left to implement are Ovarr and Katosurf Town.

Annnnd that's pretty much it. I gotta admit, I did a wall of text with this post lol.

Back