• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What are you hoping for?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • Ah yes, the age-old question that plagues any upcoming Pokemon release - what features are you guys hoping for? I'm particularly hoping that we get an engaging plot that hopefully doesn't get in the way of the gameplay, an actually good postgame that isn't barebones, and also some more involved dungeons that aren't linear.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • cherrim in regional dex. STOP making me wait until endgame for it

Other than that, cute outfits again. There was like no variety in (U)SM and I think that's what got me bored of my trainer so quickly.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    A long, beefy and juicy, story-driven post-game. Event Legendaries to actually have stories and events, and not just Mystery Gift downloads. More Mega's.

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
    Years
  • A good storyline, interesting rival, and an actual national dex since they decided to remove it in sun and moon

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I'm really hoping for some sports-based sidequest or sidegame or something, what with that football stadium and shot of a player in a football jersey walking onto the pitch

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm hoping for Battle Chateau to be included, because I think it might fit being in Galar region as well as Kalos one. And I hope Pokémon-Amie/Pokémon Refresh feature to be included, along with character customization as well.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Looking at what we know, honestly most of my hopes have already been answered. Colder region, return of gyms, looks amazing, and a fire bunny. And also wolf legends.

I am pretty sure customization is going to return, but I hope it is similar to XY and not LGPE.
    I don't really want to guess the amount of pokemon, as I will probably just get disappointed, but I am hoping for at least 7 new ice type pokemon.
    I hope the game is more story driven similar to BW and BW2.
    I hope there is a lot of exploring.

Last edited:

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • The trailer positively impressed me, but there's still a few things I hope:
    - that the region is not as linear as the artwork could imply (e.g. I hope the large plain with the two lakes is an unbroken area from the coast to the mountains); after all, part of the reason linear routes existed was the limited memory available for loading adjacent maps - which should be less of a problem with the Switch.
    - around 110-120 new Pokémon, with hopefully no more than 6/7 legendaries and mythicals (a proportion close to Gen II, but please with less pre-evolutions)
    - either new evolutions for older Pokémon, new regional variants, or new megas (in that order of preference)
    - having more than half of the total amount of Pokémon available in game (better if in the post-game). Hopefully less Gen I and more of the other gens (I'd personally prefer Gen II and IV as they have some of my favourite designs, though I'd like to have some more Gen V Pokémon. Especially if we're going to get Gen IV remakes this gen, maybe many of those Pokémon and their Gen I/II relatives will not be here).
    - most likely won't happen, but I'd really like if some trade evolutions or trade+item ones can be changed to level up-based ones.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    I would love a story that doesn't involves an evil team trying to control a legendary pokemon. In fact, I'd be fine with a storyline not revolving around legendaries, similar to gens 1 and 2, although if it MUST involve a legendary, I'd prefer something like Sun and Moon (where it's not just "let's take over/change/destroy the world!!!")

AveeVaporGlitch

Stuck In Unova
    Years
  • Ok I'll just say it...I want Kalos post game. England is close to France and we have not had a second region in ages. Plus Kalos always felt empty so it would be nice.

Years
  • I just hope they include more than ten new Pokemon. I get that it's difficult to come up with a large amount of new concepts - we all saw some of the questionable Unova mons - but we've all come to love those abominations, and it at least made Unova feel authentic. I hope for an old/new balance similar to Hoenn, at worst Sinnoh. If they go with how they've done it recently, I'll be disappointed. Will I still buy the game? Absolutely, haha.

Ok yeah and also a good post-game like colours said, that'd be nice. If we could get Emerald post-game... Oof. That would be legendary.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I want that scrapped electric tiger chub to finally be made into a real Pokémon. The black cat, too.

Big Bear Lake

Nothing but the bare essentials
    Years
  • One feature I've always adored is Pokemon following you. It's probably not going to happen in Sword and Shield, but if rideable Pokemon make a reappearance I'd be happy. It's definitely a huge undertaking to every single Pokemon follow you, but I'd even be happy if they only did 20-30 pokemon that had that feature if it meant meeting us in the middle (New starters, Eevee, Pikachu etc...)

I also like to be able to rematch trainers to get experience post-game. Whether it's a daily training spot or something like the VS seeker, it's always been more fun for me than just the battle tree or frontier.

I enjoyed the co-op feature of Let's Go, but I didn't like how your opponent only sent out one Pokemon against you even if they had more than one. 2 on 2 would be more fun for me so it would be harder to completely overpower the AI in the game. (Maybe this could be an adjustable setting?) I also understand the appeal of making co-op 2 vs. 1 because that's really helpful for a beginning player.

Back