• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Trophy Garden

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    300px-Trophy_Garden_anime.png
    The Trophy Garden is an area located on Route 212 where many rare Pokémon can be caught. It is located behind the Pokémon Mansion. All of these Pokémon are in the Sinnoh Pokédex, and many can be found in other areas. After the player has gotten the National Pokédex upgrade, however, Pokémon that do not otherwise appear in Sinnoh will be placed in the Trophy Garden by Backlot's butler to cover up for his fibs.

Before the National Dex
    Spoiler:

After the National Dex
    Spoiler:

So what did you think of the Trophy Garden? Did it offer some good Pokemon in your opinion, or did you wish the Pokemon were more powerful and a bit more variety of types? Were you annoyed that you had to wait a whole day before you could encounter a different Pokemon again?

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I was actually pretty disappointed with this, especially in Diamond/Pearl. The name Trophy Garden to me makes it seem like there should be extremely rare Pokemon available. That wasn't true until post-game. The idea was very cute, but it's execution was pretty poor. In Platinum, I'm 99% sure I didn't even bother with it.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Eevee is the only reason why this location has an validity at all, it's quite sad actually.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I never really grasped how to use the Trophy Garden back when I played Diamond so I haven't had much experience with it. I think I understand it more now and white it's a fun method of obtaining rare Pokémon, I do think they could expand the amount Pokémon you can catch. If they did remakes I can see this as a good way to usher in some of the newer Pokémon from later games assuming they update it.

Back