• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reversal Mountain

Years
In Black 2 and White 2, there's an area between Lentimas Town and Undella Town, known as Reversal Mountain. This massive area links between the two towns has an outside area that houses the Strange House, and the inside is a cave that you explore with Bianca during the story. In Black 2, the cave is full of water, and in White 2 instead it's full of lava. And in the post-game, if you get the Magma Stone, you can come back and take on the legendary Pokémon, Heatran. It's said by a Hiker in the Lentimas Town Pokémon Center that this mountain bears a striking resemblance to Stark Mountain in Sinnoh.

I liked Reversal Mountain, because i've stated that it reminds me of Iron Island. The layout was done quite nicely, and the lava/water add for a nice touch along with the music being different between games. And sometimes the trainers who you have to fight in Double Battles with Bianca can throw you for a loop if you're not expecting them.

How about you guys? What do you think of Reversal Mountain? Do you think it compared well to Stark Mountain? Which one do you like more (Black 2 with water, or White 2 with magma) and why? Discuss.

Years
I really love the music that plays in Reversal Mountain; it's really pretty and makes you feel like you're in a cave full of mystery, haha. I also like that you can't access all the paths in it in both games, and that the type of liquid found in it depends on which game you play! I can't say I like either Reversal Mountain more; I thought the water in B2's made it really pretty, but magma in a main Pokemon game isn't something you see often, let alone in a cave, so I thought that was pretty neat as well. It's too bad there wasn't more to it post-game (besides Heatran); I would've been fine going through it, especially when you compare it to the ever-so-annoying Twist Mountain and Clay Tunnel x_x

Compared to Stark Mountain, Reversal Mountain was much easier to go through. Plus, when I was with Buck I was frustrated how I couldn't use Rock Climb to get items; I didn't have to worry about that in Reversal Mountain XD I also like Bianca a lot, so I'm glad I was able to battle with her! (Plus, my Pokemon were healed without needing to expend an item or having to go back to the Pokemon Center (though there was a Doctor in the area).)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Funny thing is I barely remember what this place looks like. I did speed through my White2, so that could explain it. Although I do remember finding an awesome Skorupi in there! Kinda unexpected though. I'd expect more Numels, but there probably is (dumb me) lol. I am currently playing through my White2 again though, so I'll make sure to explore it more. I've also heard that there's Heatran in there?

It's really similar to Sinnoh's Stark Mountain. I never really caught or saw Heatran in Reversal Mountain, but I'm sure I will soon. I don't quite remember the quest with Bianca too; maybe I'll remember how it goes like once I reach that point in the game. I just loved the feel of it though, especially when I first entered it! And I like that it's so close to my favourite town ever, Undella <3

Years
Yeah, it's an interesting place all-around, with cool music in both versions. I remember when I was watching one of the recent parts of Marriland's Black 2 Wedlocke, and he commented on how he felt like he was going crazy trying to figure out how to get to the blocked-off area...until he realized that can only be accessed in White 2. That was funny xP

Anyway, I myself like White 2's Reversal Mountain more with lava, because as mentioned above that's not something you see often in a Pokémon game. And yes, you can get Heatran in the post-game once you have the Magma Stone. It is interesting that a volcanic area leads right into a beach resort...kinda feels Hawaiian, doesn't it?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Wait there's lava in the White 2 version of Reversal Mountain?! Sounds better than the water in Black 2.

Reversal Mountain was kinda nice since while it is another cave, it's not terribly difficult to navigate and wild Pokemon encounters aren't the usual annoying Zubat/Geodude or Roggenrola/Woobat spam common in most caves. It's also a good place to farm shards for move tutors or collect gems. And Heatran's in there.

Years
I liked Reversal Mountain, it was pretty much my fave cave area in Unova because of the different design between versions and having Bianca assist you on the first travel there was nice given she heals you after every battle. The music was also pretty nice, it gave that mysterious feel about the cave.

Shards being found in dust clouds there was also nice for players who used the Move Tutors often and if I ever need one of their special moves I can always go collect some shards, even though there may be an occasional Excadrill encounter as well. I never planned on catching Heatran yet, but we'll wait and see should I have time to return to my Black 2 anytime soon.

As for my fave version design, Black 2 for me. I just like water that much better than lava, given I tend to not like hot things as much as the cooler ones.

Back