• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen The Birth of Mewtwo!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Today, (Feb 6th) is actually the birth of Mewtwo! (happy birthday, Mewtwo!)

As you recall, Mewtwo was created by scientists who extracted DNA from a Pokemon called Mew. It was engineered to be the ultimate pokemon - a Pokemon who knew nothing but to battle and defeat foes.

DVYsUOOU8AAnmiP.jpg

However, Mewtwo eventually escaped, and made its way upon the Cerulean Cave. When you've completed the Pokemon League in RBY and became the Pokemon League champion, you're able to gain access to the Cerulean Cave near the city. Inside the cave there are many strong wild Pokemon from level 50+. Eventually when you head deeper into the cave, you encounter Mewtwo, a rather strong psychic-type Pokemon that's level 70!

hqdefault.jpg

It comes with the moves Barrier, Recover, Swift, and Psychic. While it is indeed strong, it's also catchable! That being said: Have you ever caught Mewtwo in these games? For you, how difficult was it to battle against Mewtwo? What did you think of Mewtwo in general?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I caught Mewtwo. Catching it was difficult because I remember I only had a level 20 Pokemon that would use sleep on Mewtwo in the beginning of the battle and then I sent out a higher level Pokemon to lower Mewtwo's hp but by the time I use an ultra ball, Mewtwo wakes up and recovers, making me to restart the game again from where I left off standing next to Mewtwo. Mewtwo is one of my favorite Pokemon. I really like the design and I have defeated alot of the students in School with my Mewtwo in a Pokemon battle. Sad news, a horrible classmate with a Silver Version wanted to use my Blue Version for a trade. He started a new game on my Blue Version and said he will not save, he just wanted all the 3 starter Pokemon on his Silver Version but in order to complete a trade, you have to save the game first and he saved the new file he started on my Blue Version and all my Pokemon got erased.

Years
    • Seen today
    I like Mewtwo a lot, and it's one of my favorite legendaries. One of my favorite things to do in these games is catching Mewtwo from Cerulean Cave, then using it to solo the entire elite four. I only wish there were more trainers you could use it on. I've pretty much liked its appearance in everything, from the main series games to the anime, even to Smash Brothers. It adds value to everything it shows up in. I don't like the Mega Evolutions for it very much though, and I prefer the default Mewtwo.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've always caught Mewtwo in my runs, although the only real hard time was on my first run, since I used the Master Ball on Articuno. I've saved the Master Ball for Mewtwo ever since.

It's a great Pokemon, obviously since it's the most powerful in the game. It's a shame that catching it at the end of the game doesn't leave much to use it on. :<

Years
  • I've caught Mewtwo plenty of times! I've never really found much to use it for, though.

I actually really like Mewtwo story-wise! I like redemption stories and also artificial life form characters, and Mewtwo seems to have kind of a mixture of both! Although, admittedly, the former is only really implied in-game through catching Mewtwo and, in later games, increasing friendship with it. Mewtwo's design is cool, too!~

In gameplay, Mewtwo is a super-strong Psychic-type, which is certainly powerful, but not really especially interesting to use.

Last edited:
    Back