• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Twisted Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
  • Really looking forward to playing this hack. The screenshots look amazing. Great maps and the fakemon sprites are some of the best I've seen probably.

Also super bummed about Dark Violet ha

Thank you so much!

Hm, I would suggest that you avoid using *both* neoricemon and standard mons, since neorice's fakedex has a very internally-consistent style that's looks different from the standard mon style. I.e., neoricemon look excellent in their own right, but look a bit funny next to regular mons (as a simple comparison, all of the fakemon in Cyan match the regular style, and so don't look 'off' when juxtaposed with them). Maybe you think this isn't as important as increasing the mon variety, though? (Or it's just me that see a style difference? :P )

Anyway, definitely make sure you include the entire neoricedex (well, excluding the legendaries if they don't fit the story) even with the added regular mons, as there's a lot of cool critters in there and it'd be a shame not to get to use them!

Spoiler:

I understand the difference of the art styles, but it's really not that different, if I use let's say HGSS sprites. There will be original Pokémon in the game, but if there's 5 Fakemon in a route, only 1 Pokemon will be there. I feel at least some Pokémon are needed, because I don't want to isolate the player in a completely new environment and it also makes interesting team combinations. I won't be adding all of them, maybe a Fakemon family or two won't be in it, mainly because I can't resize them properly...yet. If I'll succeed, maybe I'll add them.
    And yes, the most awesome fighting lemur will be in it! :D

I think you've done some great sprite-work.
    Especially the "cat-like" thing. It's so cool!
    Good luck !

I didn't sprite them myself, but I did the backsprites, though. Thanks!

The only thing i would suggest is to mix the cave tiles.
    Who doesn't love Kyledove tiles? Everyone loves them, but I think that you should not use only his tiles, cause it does not looks original. Everything else looks great. What happened to the mom?
    ermahgerd more mystery

Understandable, but these cave tiles will only appear in the Bauxite Cave. Don't worry, I'll spice the tiles up later on. I won't tell you what happens to the mom, it's a spoiler, dude!

You never fail to amaze me! Story is really interesting and full of mysteries!
    Looking forward to this! ^_^

Dont have much to say, maybe add few more tiles for the ground? like patches and stuffs. I understand that the tiles you used consumes a lot of space, I should know I inserted the same tiles myself back then haha. But hope you do find a way to get around with that.

Scripting wise, Cant say much but the first event really is excellent and interesting! Cant wait to play it myself!

*cough* Not a fan of fakemon *cough* But neoriceisgood's an exception. I find his fakemon too awesome, and of course your's too! But why only use one?

Good to see you active, man! Thank you so much, really! I think I will ad some ground tiles, just to make it a little more interesting, and yes - I don't have a lot of space in my tileset 1 anymore :P. Like I said before, I didn't spytie any of the fakes, I just do the backsprites. I got permission for the Mascot, because I thought it goes well with others and just looks amazing.

Keep up the good work Riddler. Things are looking like they are going great. Loving the graphics you're choosing.

JosefigGaming and I are on fire with this project! Thanks!

Congrats on winning Hack of the Month! Enjoy your sticky for the month. n_n

Thank you and I will!

Updates!

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who voted for Twisted Mind in this month's Hack of the Month. It really means a lot and it's a great inspiration for the future!

-I've added a new minimalistic bootscreen graphic, mapped route 803, which is a sandy beach great for finding interesting grass and water type Pokémon/Fakemon.
    -JosefigGaming did a lot of scripts, from NPCs to a Fossil event.

scree1_zpscb1f60e6.png
    sreen2_zps4e0aa66a.png
    sree3_zpsd1ac2da8.png
    sree4_zps287a6337.png

sree5_zpsdf2e301a.png
    sree6_zps7002b93b.png
    sree7_zps15f157d7.png
    sree8_zps349000f3.png

sree9_zpseeb08820.png
    sreee9_zps8e7edcc6.png
    sreee10_zps6add8b4e.png
    sreeeeeee12_zpscc95a3a0.png

sree13_zpsb76d193b.png
    sreee14_zps785b0c0a.png
    sreeee15_zps0aa15885.png
    sreeeee56565_zps119f0141.png

sreeeeeee65656_zps70fc8b52.png
    11515sreee_zpsbc8f1720.png

Comments and criticism are gladly appreciated and thanks again!

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2021
    Don't know if someone already pointed this out, but there is a Pokemon-like app game called Geo Society that already uses most of the fakemon in this hack.

Don't know if someone already pointed this out, but there is a Pokemon-like app game called Geo Society that already uses most of the fakemon in this hack.

In fact, there's an online game called Monster Ranch (not Monster Rancher, there is a difference) that, again, already uses the fakemon in this hack.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Don't know if someone already pointed this out, but there is a Pokemon-like app game called Geo Society that already uses most of the fakemon in this hack.

In fact, there's an online game called Monster Ranch (not Monster Rancher, there is a difference) that, again, already uses the fakemon in this hack.

As far as a quick google search goes, it doesn't seem that this fakemons are being used in those games.
    But either way, we're not taking credit for creating them, since we didn't
    However, The Riddler does does the Fakemons backsprites, which is still hard work :P

SirCharmander

SirCharmander
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    I think it'd be cooler if it was his girlfriend instead. But that's just me. lol

negative

Years
  • It all looks so beautiful. I am in awe of the screenies in the new update. Keep it going!

Thank you so much! I'll try to keep the updates regular.

Neoriceisgood's Fakemon are free to use for everyone, so it's not rare to see them in random RPGs on the internet. But, just like Josefig said, I do make the backsprites myself, so that counts, right?

I think it'd be cooler if it was his girlfriend instead. But that's just me. lol

Not likely. The thing is, I want to make a story about unconditional love, which I can best describe as a love for a parent or a sibling. A girlfriend involved in the story just wouldn't fit sadly.

Updates (kinda)

Just wanted to show the male player's sprite, and the basic battle with a youngster with the battle background. That is all.

TwistedMindNewest3_zps406bac4a.png
    TwistedMindNewest32_zps19f2d198.png
    TwistedMindNewest33_zpscec8f020.png

Years
  • Interesting hack.

I really loved GeoSociety+ and Minimon. Those games also have a lot of those fakemons like Aquaff.

I really look forward too seeing those 'mons in a real Pokemon game...
    Oh god I want Inferlauf :3 (That is Pyrall's last stage right? Unless you renamed it)

Your screenshots look awesome by the way...
    I'll definitly give this a try when it's finished.
    Good luck.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • So the intruder is giving the player pokeballs and a pokedex? That doesn't make sense, is that going to be explained a little better in the story? I don't see this person being nice to the player.

Years
  • So the intruder is giving the player pokeballs and a pokedex? That doesn't make sense, is that going to be explained a little better in the story? I don't see this person being nice to the player.

Yeah, it doesn't really make sense, it's kinda... Twisted.
    Not gonna spoil anything, but it will make sense ;) (Or will it? :D)

Years
  • Just want to say congratulations on Hack of the Month! I'm absolutely loving the graphics, as well as the frequent updates!

Kind of a side question, but are you guys planning on making many animated tiles?
    Best of luck!

Years
  • Just want to say congratulations on Hack of the Month! I'm absolutely loving the graphics, as well as the frequent updates!

Kind of a side question, but are you guys planning on making many animated tiles?
    Best of luck!

We will have a few, such as flowers and such, but nothing crazy like shaking trees

Chozen1

Master of Disaster
    Years
  • Fakemon that look like GF Pokemon? Interesting tiles? A mysterious story!??!? I must be dreaming. Can't wait to play.

negative

Years
  • Interesting hack.

I really loved GeoSociety+ and Minimon. Those games also have a lot of those fakemons like Aquaff.

I really look forward too seeing those 'mons in a real Pokemon game...
    Oh god I want Inferlauf :3 (That is Pyrall's last stage right? Unless you renamed it)

Your screenshots look awesome by the way...
    I'll definitly give this a try when it's finished.
    Good luck.

Thank you so much! I won't be changing the original names the fakemon have, maybe jsut one or two due to character restriction, but I'll probably just shorten the names.

So the intruder is giving the player pokeballs and a pokedex? That doesn't make sense, is that going to be explained a little better in the story? I don't see this person being nice to the player.

Yeah, he does do that. Imagine him as a very bipolar character, who will sometimes help you or deceive you.

This hack look amazing can I help

Thank you. I don't think Josefig or I really need any help, thank you for the offer.

Just want to say congratulations on Hack of the Month! I'm absolutely loving the graphics, as well as the frequent updates!

Best of luck!

Thanks! Like Josefig said, there's the standard animated tiles like the sea, flowers etc. Maybe I'll add some animated tiles in the future if I think the hack is too static looking.

I just can't wait to LP this game. This looks ♥♥♥♥ing amazing.

Thanks! It really means a lot and I'd be glad when the hack is out!

Fakemon that look like GF Pokemon? Interesting tiles? A mysterious story!??!? I must be dreaming. Can't wait to play.

Thanks!

This hack looks great. The story and the visuals look amazing
    I hope this hack goes well. Keep up the good work.

Thank you!

Updates.

Since my scripter is on holidays and I'm not really at home this weekend I could only map the next town and did some new OWs, that are based on the HGSS ones.

AASSDD_zpse0bf97f0.png
    ASDASDASD_zps53125502.png
    ASDASDASDASD_zps2a6453a1.png

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I'm liking the new screenshots, though it's weird to have a town built on sand and with sandcastles. Is that an egg shop or a day care centre?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back