• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Twisted Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Wow, this looks like a really well made game so far. I'll be keeping in tough, if you need someone to help with boxart or maybe even a userbar I can help (I use Photoshop). Also, I can help if you need someone to test for glitches, or even review your game. Best of luck! ^^

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
I understand the whole cliché gotta be the champion plot, but when I read your plot it makes me interested up until the end. I just don't feel like with the events of the person that he would be more worried about being a pokemon champion rather than figuring out what's wrong. Seems like it'd be more fitting if it were based on the player trying to figure out what was going on more than anything.

Spoiler:

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Tiles looks good...the battle background is also quite goood..though simple...this may be a good game providing the efforts and your will to make this a good hack.

Thank you! I'm trying to do my best!

Wow, this looks like a really well made game so far. I'll be keeping in tough, if you need someone to help with boxart or maybe even a userbar I can help (I use Photoshop). Also, I can help if you need someone to test for glitches, or even review your game. Best of luck! ^^

Thank you so much! It all depends if you are interested - I mostly do things myself, but if you have the interest to do something like a usebar or a boxart, well, be my guest. :)

I understand the whole cliché gotta be the champion plot, but when I read your plot it makes me interested up until the end. I just don't feel like with the events of the person that he would be more worried about being a pokemon champion rather than figuring out what's wrong. Seems like it'd be more fitting if it were based on the player trying to figure out what was going on more than anything.

Spoiler:

I tried to sum the story up as vaguely as I could to prevent any spoilers and for the mystery to unravel as the player progresses trough the future beta releases. The thing is, that the two opposites that you mentioned, are so tightly connected, that in the end, the player chases after only one - and it isn't the hall of fame.

And, OH MY GOD! The usebars are freaking AMAZING! I will put them in the first post ( if I may with your permissioon, of course)

Update-ish x2

I'm still currently scripting, because I suck at scripting , but I will be posting the first initial script in a few days. I can, however show a piece of what's to come.

Update13254_zpsb5a392dd.png
Update13254351235_zps8d4de567.png

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Thank you! I'm trying to do my best!

Thank you so much! It all depends if you are interested - I mostly do things myself, but if you have the interest to do something like a usebar or a boxart, well, be my guest. :)

I tried to sum the story up as vaguely as I could to prevent any spoilers and for the mystery to unravel as the player progresses trough the future beta releases. The thing is, that the two opposites that you mentioned, are so tightly connected, that in the end, the player chases after only one - and it isn't the hall of fame.

And, OH MY GOD! The usebars are freaking AMAZING! I will put them in the first post ( if I may with your permissioon, of course)

Update-ish x2

I'm still currently scripting, because I suck at scripting , but I will be posting the first initial script in a few days. I can, however show a piece of what's to come.

Update13254_zpsb5a392dd.png
Update13254351235_zps8d4de567.png

Hoho. Can't wait for the script. I don't wanna see just exclamation point as a sample too :P

Also, there's a typo on your code on the first post, second user bar supporter.

negative

Years
Looking good. Good luck
I hope you complete it.

Thank you, I'll try my best!

Hoho. Can't wait for the script. I don't wanna see just exclamation point as a sample too :P

Also, there's a typo on your code on the first post, second user bar supporter.

The typo is fixed and thank you for noticing!

Update!

Thanks to the freaking amazing Le Pug (big understatement), Twisted Mind now has it's own starting script! I can't thank him enough how awesome this came out.
I would also like to thank GogoJJTech and his amazing HGSS Music patch, it's really fantastic!

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Thank you, I'll try my best!

The typo is fixed and thank you for noticing!

Update!

Thanks to the freaking amazing Le Pug (big understatement), Twisted Mind now has it's own starting script! I can't thank him enough how awesome this came out.
I would also like to thank GogoJJTech and his amazing HGSS Music patch, it's really fantastic!

Love it. Hoho. That man, too much violence D:

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Not too bad looking. Just a quick spelling error. The last words the guy says should be "Heh, strangely satisfying..." You misspelled strangely by having him say "strangly."

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Not too bad looking. Just a quick spelling error. The last words the guys says should be "Heh, strangely satisying..." You misspelled strangely by having him say "strangly."

Spoiler:

Good catch, except it's "satisfying" not "satisying", "heh" should also be "he-he" and in one of your sentences it should be, "The last words the guys says should be ..."

But good job on finding the error! ♥

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 21, 2018
Fakemon? Good graphics? Great ideas?

I'm sold. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the progress of the hack!

negative

Years
Love it. Hoho. That man, too much violence D:

Thank you so much!

Not too bad looking. Just a quick spelling error. The last words the guy says should be "Heh, strangely satisfying..." You misspelled strangely by having him say "strangly."

Thank you for noticing, I fixed the error.

Fakemon? Good graphics? Great ideas?

I'm sold. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the progress of the hack!

Thank you so much! I hope I'll keep you hooked! And of course I will let you know, if I will need any help, thanks for the offer!

Update-ish

These last days I've been kinda budy with college work and scripting the first city, but I found myself some time to fully map out the Boxite Cave on Route 2. The Boxite Cave, which used to be a mine, has flooded in recent past, due to a legendary that was angered by the chaos of people mining precious minerals and metals - Zygarde.
Based on the fact, that the original Twisted Mind fakedex only has 3 legendaries, I wanted to include some legendaries from other regions. These legendaries will be available either post-game or in a specific point, where the player recieves a key or artefact of some sorts. ( More specifically, the player can encounter the wild Zygarde, when he recieves the Order Key.
Now for some eye candy.

Boxite1_zpsbd1ee3b9.png
Boxite3_zps598a5a85.png
Boxite4_zps5b196cba.png

Botixe2_zpsf26353a9.png
Boxite5_zps1f1ade63.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 21, 2018
Thank you so much! I hope I'll keep you hooked! And of course I will let you know, if I will need any help, thanks for the offer!

I am really glad! Trust me you got me hooked for sure. Love the update! Zygarde is a great choice and something I think looks like a great fit in especially with the pics! Keep up the awesome work {XD}

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
man this hack looks absolutely awesome. love the new pokemon and the story. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Years
Ooo! This seems like it shall be very interesting! I can't wait to play it~
(The grinning cat-like Pokemon reminds me of the Cheshire Cat, which makes me like this even more. ^^)

I usually don't like Fakemon, but maybe you'll be able to change my mind. :3

negative

Years
man this hack looks absolutely awesome. love the new pokemon and the story. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Thank you so much! I'm currently scripting everything up to the 1st gym and in this rate atleast an alpha will be coming soon.

Ooo! This seems like it shall be very interesting! I can't wait to play it~
(The grinning cat-like Pokemon reminds me of the Cheshire Cat, which makes me like this even more. ^^)

I usually don't like Fakemon, but maybe you'll be able to change my mind. :3

Thank you! And the mascot Fakemon is actually based of the Cheshire Cat, so hang around for the fun!

Update-ish x3

Since real life was pretty annoying for the past few weeks, I couldn't do really much for this baby.

I finished mapping the first gym city - Orgate City. It's has a Flying type Gym, hosted by Amelia. The player must answer some flying type trivia questions and battle some trainers to get to her.
It also has the Museum, where the player can get his fossil Pokémon.
I added a new textbox and would gladly like some feedback for it.
I didn't do much scripting, sadly - I did some general NPC scripts here and there, but that's it.

Update_zps967985d8.png
Update2_zps43ac718e.png
Update3_zpsedb7992a.png
Update4_zpsa50a69e6.png

Update5_zps5acf16a8.png
Update6_zps630446c2.png
Update7_zps8a06bc00.png
Update8_zpsdfc27e23.png

Update9_zpsf36cb992.png

Any feedback, suggestions, really whatever is kindly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
I love it. The story is amazing, and the starting script looks fantastic! One thing is bothering me, though: The Intruder has 3 Pokémon in his bag, but you only fight one different from the other three. Why don't he uses the other ones too?

About the Textbox: I think you should add a bright color instead of the gray one. It looks unfitting since your hack is very colorful.

Overall, this is very very good. Even the Fakemon looks nice! I'll sure look forward to it. Good luck!

negative

Years
I love it. The story is amazing, and the starting script looks fantastic! One thing is bothering me, though: The Intruder has 3 Pokémon in his bag, but you only fight one different from the other three. Why don't he uses the other ones too?

About the Textbox: I think you should add a bright color instead of the gray one. It looks unfitting since your hack is very colorful.

Overall, this is very very good. Even the Fakemon looks nice! I'll sure look forward to it. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the feedback, it means a lot, really.

In the script it was never shown, that the intruder took his bag back, so in theory, he couldn't have the two other Pokémon. Plus, I wanted to use a fakemon, that will be his signature Pokémon.

I wanted to use this grey textbox BECAUSE everything was so freaking colorful :P . But I am currently messing with the palettes, and will probably put a variety of colored textboxes as an option, so the player can switch it up if he/she wants to.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
This is some really awesome work, Riddler.
I remember a few years ago I made a titlescreen for this hack.
It's progressed really well since then, especially after your hiatus. And, I know how well you are with graphics and such, so I know what to expect from you.

If you need any help or support with anything at all, feel free to PM me.

negative

Years
This is some really awesome work, Riddler.
I remember a few years ago I made a titlescreen for this hack.
It's progressed really well since then, especially after your hiatus. And, I know how well you are with graphics and such, so I know what to expect from you.

If you need any help or support with anything at all, feel free to PM me.

I couldn't help but crack a smile. So nice to see you here, again!

And you're so right - I just love everything graphic.
Thank you so, so much for the support and if I'll need anything, I'll be sure to tell you!

Anyways, I just inserted the player's backsprite and Amelia's battle sprite.

TwistedMind-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copyizugizfjzf_zps6a01b176.png

So yeah, you know the drill. :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I just love the graphics and the palettes. Custom graphics and palettes are hard to pull off, which is why I prefer keeping the graphics/palettes similar to the normal games, but you've done a great job! I'm not a fan of that "natural" tree placement you're using in your maps, but it looks pretty nice and goes well with your style.

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to more updates, I love looking at your screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back