• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One Piece: Raiders of the Grand Line [T][OOC/SU]

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I am pretty set on Morgan having that devil fruit, mostly because it is one of my favorite ones and it fits his character (at least in my opinion). So I would love to see what you got planned, so please do PM me the details.

As far the first mate/cook thing, I think he would be a good first mate (personally), but the cook thing was mostly intended as a joke as the guy with fire powers would go and cook/burn the food. As far as what his actual goals entail, he fits more either be the first mate or a random crewmate. I suppose I will go edit the cook bit out and reserve as a joke.

In which case I'll approve the first half of his sign-up.

I'll give you the details of the idea I have in store then via PM.

Also I think we're going to have two Jacks so one of you might want to change your name.

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Oops. I wanted to Morgan to be the first name haha. I will switch them around. Sorry for the confusion.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
UPDATE

Name: Strider T. Nelson

Title: Eagle-Strike

Race: Human

Home: Strider is from the Eastern sea, on the Gecko Islands. He set off for his adventure at the age of 16 on a small boat his dad gave him.

Setting: Strider is a very, and I mean very, successful bounty hunter. He may work solo, but he has contacts in every corner of the known world. He went to Ruedaya in order to find some work, and maybe a crew. He wants to have an adventure where he can get some women and treasure.

Appearance: Nelson is a very lanky man. He's roughly 6'8, and he weighs about 200 pounds, almost all of it height. His long, greasy blonde hair is always tied back in a ponytail that hangs down to his shoulders. Nelson's skin is tanned brown, due to hours spent under the sun, waiting for the perfect shot on his target. Strider has long legs, so he has a long stride. It's ironic because his last name is Strider. Many scars run along his body from various scraps with his quarry. The most noticable scar is on his face. It runs from one of his cheeks to the other, and another one goes straight down the middle from the center of his forehead to his chin. It looks exactly likes a cross...just make it a little bit more bloody and jagged.
Nelson's face is very peculiar. His nose is hooked like a hawk's beak, and the out line of his face is very angular. His lips are usually pinched like a slash in a canvas. He almost never smiles, with the exception of when he gets his bounty, and even then its a ominous, creepy smile that shows his perfectly white teeth, in which he takes pride. His muscles are thick and sinewy. His legs are very powerful and his arms are too, though much less so. His hands are roughly the size of a large grapefruit.

His usually clothing is light brown linen pants, a white collared shirt, and a large, dark brown trench coat with a tricorn hat. His trench coat is criss-crossed with several bandoliers of various ammunition types and tubes of black powder, and he has a small leather pouch that contains a little powder of his own brew. It's a highly flammable substance that can light anything up in flames. He only has a little bit though, so he uses it sparingly, if he uses it at all.

Personality: There are very few men like Nelson T. Strider. Despite his towering appearance and wolfish grin, his voice is very soft and faint. He talks almost in a whisper all the time...ominously quiet. Whenever he is making a deal with a possible client or dealing with rival bounty hunters, he keeps a hand on his pistol's handle and his cutlass's hilt to show that he is just as dangerous as anybody else.

Being the best shot in the entire Eastern Sea, Strider has an atmosphere of arrogance all around him. When a rival bounty hunter challenges him, he merely scoffs and walks away. He views all lesser marksman as underlings. Nelson views swordsmanship as an unnecessary buisness that can lead to unnecessary casualties. He thinks that ranged combat is much more effective. It allows for quick, easy kills.

Nelson loves to fire the opening shot in battles. Usually when he does, chaos spreads and nobody is left safe because he takes a neutral side, although he will favor the side that benefits him greatest. He's an oppurtunist, so he doesn't hesitate when he sees a chance to gain the upper-hand in life.

Despite the fact that he's a successful bounty hunter, he wants to see peace in the world. Nelson's heart isn't complete stone. He has a warm spot in his heart for children, for he was once a father....once.

Goal: He's in it for very few reasons: He wants dangerous adventure, all the women he can get, and treasure beyond his wildest dreams.

Devil Fruit: NO

Powers

Weapons: Flintlock Long-Rifle for long range and medium range, Flintlock Pistol for short range, and regular Cutlass for close combat.

Powers: Nelson is considered the best shot in the Eastern sea, and he accels in ranged combat. His eye sight is superior to many, and he can hold his breath for a long time while under water. However, he's not very good at sword play or close combat, and his stomach is weak for a bounty hunter with blood stained past.

Background: Strider T. Nelson was born on the Gecko Islands in the Eastern Sea. His family lived on one of the larger islands with a few neighboring families. He took an interest in marksmanship at an early age, and he had his father take a boat to a nearby market town to purchase a rifle. As soon as his father returned, he had set off outside to go hunting, after he learned to load it and shoot of course. The very first trip he took he took a squirrel's eye out from a hundred yards. He marveled at his own excellence and took his prize to his father, who was so impressed he took him to the local market to show him off.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
I edited it again, like I said, I omitted the fruit whatever. I'm not changing his goal though, because life at sea is pretty ambitious, especial because of his background. I put shipwrights and swordsman because he would have experience working on a ship if his entire life was spent on them, and he received a few years of training from a sword master. (He isn't a Zoro or anything, but he is close to a master)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Finished up my SU, I believe. Let me know if everything's alright.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Uhh...I can't edit my Sign Up with any more info before it just stops accepting text. But, I've filled up pretty much all of her History before what we discussed in PMs, so hopefully that's enough.

And her fighting style is done, too. So I think I'm done, unless there are any issues.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I edited it again, like I said, I omitted the fruit whatever. I'm not changing his goal though, because life at sea is pretty ambitious, especial because of his background. I put shipwrights and swordsman because he would have experience working on a ship if his entire life was spent on them, and he received a few years of training from a sword master. (He isn't a Zoro or anything, but he is close to a master)
His appearance, personality and background need a lot more detail to them. Also, if you plan for him to be a shipwright, you should give some details on his skills, what ships he's made, his reputation as a shipwright, etc.

Finished up my SU, I believe. Let me know if everything's alright.
It's very solid. Approved, One note I'll add is I had planned to use english names for the devil fruits but its up to you which one you want to call it by.

Uhh...I can't edit my Sign Up with any more info before it just stops accepting text. But, I've filled up pretty much all of her History before what we discussed in PMs, so hopefully that's enough.

And her fighting style is done, too. So I think I'm done, unless there are any issues.
You likely have too much formatting in your post. You can tear some off and it'll probably let you write more. If you can fit in more on the background (or just edit and summarize a bit as it's already pretty lengthy) that would be great though.

I believe my SU is finally done. Let me know if anything is out of order.
Very interesting. Approved. I assume he's been to the Grand Line then considering he found a crew in the West Blue? It'll be interesting to interact with him and its probably a good idea that he's imprisoned (granted this was my idea :P) because Morgan and Mei would be fighting forever if they happened to engage each other in combat.

UPDATE

Name: Strider T. Nelson

Title: Eagle-Strike

Race: Human

Home: Strider is from the Eastern sea, on the Gecko Islands. He set off for his adventure at the age of 16 on a small boat his dad gave him.

Setting: Strider is a very, and I mean very, successful bounty hunter. He may work solo, but he has contacts in every corner of the known world. He went to Ruedaya in order to find some work, and maybe a crew. He wants to have an adventure where he can get some women and treasure.

Appearance: Nelson is a very lanky man. He's roughly 6'8, and he weighs about 200 pounds, almost all of it height. His long, greasy blonde hair is always tied back in a ponytail that hangs down to his shoulders. Nelson's skin is tanned brown, due to hours spent under the sun, waiting for the perfect shot on his target. Strider has long legs, so he has a long stride. It's ironic because his last name is Strider.

Nelson's face is very peculiar. His nose is hooked like a hawk's beak, and the out line of his face is very angular. His lips are usually pinched like a slash in a canvas. He almost never smiles, with the exception of when he gets his bounty, and even then its a ominous, creepy smile that shows his perfectly white teeth, in which he takes pride.

His usually clothing is light brown linen pants, a white collared shirt, and a large, dark brown trench coat with a tricorn hat.

Personality: There are very few men like Nelson T. Strider. Despite his towering appearance and wolfish grin, his voice is very soft and faint. He talks almost in a whisper all the time...ominously quiet. Whenever he is making a deal with a possible client or dealing with rival bounty hunters, he keeps a hand on his pistol's handle and his cutlass's hilt to show that he is just as dangerous as anybody around.

He absolutely loves the prospect of killing an opponent, and takes even greater pleasure in removing the heads of his quarry to bring to his clients.

Goal: He's in it for very few reasons: He wants dangerous adventure, all the women he can get, and treasure beyond his wildest dreams.

Devil Fruit: NO

Powers

Weapons: Flintlock Long-Rifle for long range and medium range, Flintlock Pistol for short range, and regular Cutlass for close combat.

Powers: Nelson is considered the best shot in the Eastern sea, and he accels in ranged combat. His eye sight is superior to many, and he can hold his breath for a long time while under water. However, he's not very good at sword play or close combat, and his stomach is weak for a bounty hunter with blood stained past.

Background:
Your character's history. It should relate to their hometown and conclude with how they arrived on Ruedaya and why. Two to three paragraphs at least, as this is integral to who your character is and how they got to where they're at now.

I can see you're still working on your sign-up and it's coming along nicely. You'll need to extrapolate on the details of his appearance and personality though as those are some pretty small paragraphs. He's also a bit too bloodthirsty for a crew of pirates with some dignity. He can certainly love combat or making a kill, but you may want to paint him as a nicer guy. He doesn't need to be friendly or even social, but a guy who enjoys the slaughter of people in general wont be a good fit for the crew.

Also, if you could please, keep your sign-up in one post and just edit it when you make changes and post or PM to let me know when those changes have been made. It makes it easier for me to keep track of your character's progress.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Geonis T. Cabella

Race:
Skypeian

Home:
As a child, Cabella lived on Seraph Island, a sky cloud that neighbored Angel Island. Despite its name, it was a lot smaller than Angel Island and was closer to the sea floor. Still, commuting from island to island was still relatively easy thanks to the Karasumaru that made their rounds to the island often every day.

Weaponsmith - One who creates weapons for the crew. They are similar to blacksmiths, with the exception that they specialize in creating weapons. Having said that, they are capable of making other items, so long as they have the knowledge to do so.

Cabella, being a Skypeian who studied their technology, specializes in integrating Dial functionality into the weapons.

Setting:
This is how you'll come into the roleplay when it begins and your character's history will conclude with where your character's setting is at once the roleplay starts. The list of options is bolded in the You section, but they are: traveler, emigrant, bounty hunter, ex-marine with the officer, ex-marine alone, pirate, prisoner, officer's escapee on ship, or local. You can elaborate on the setting if you want, but keep details for the background section. Be aware that the crew is formed by chance. Nobody knows that they're about to join a pirate crew when the RP starts.
If you chose the academic occupation, your setting is officer's escapee on ship.

Appearance:
However you want them to look! Be sure to elaborate on their body type, hair, eyes, scars if any, and their typical attire plus anything else you can think of. Two paragraphs at least so we get an idea of how they look. You may offer up a picture, but it won't substitute for a written description.

Personality:
Create a fun and interesting character. Specify their behavior, habits, pet peeves, and whatever else you come up with to really flesh out your character. Try for at least a paragraph or more.

Goal:
Burn down the intolerant, tyrannical government that currently exists and create order throughout the land.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years

Geonis T. Cabella

Race:
Skypeian

Home:
As a child, Cabella lived on Seraph Island, a sky cloud that neighbored Angel Island. Despite its name, it was a lot smaller than Angel Island and was closer to the sea floor. Still, commuting from island to island was still relatively easy thanks to the Karasumaru that made their rounds to the island often every day.

Weaponsmith - One who creates weapons for the crew. They are similar to blacksmiths, with the exception that they specialize in creating weapons. Having said that, they are capable of making other items, so long as they have the knowledge to do so.

Cabella, being a Skypeian who studied their technology, specializes in integrating Dial functionality into the weapons.

Setting:
This is how you'll come into the roleplay when it begins and your character's history will conclude with where your character's setting is at once the roleplay starts. The list of options is bolded in the You section, but they are: traveler, emigrant, bounty hunter, ex-marine with the officer, ex-marine alone, pirate, prisoner, officer's escapee on ship, or local. You can elaborate on the setting if you want, but keep details for the background section. Be aware that the crew is formed by chance. Nobody knows that they're about to join a pirate crew when the RP starts.
If you chose the academic occupation, your setting is officer's escapee on ship.

Appearance:
However you want them to look! Be sure to elaborate on their body type, hair, eyes, scars if any, and their typical attire plus anything else you can think of. Two paragraphs at least so we get an idea of how they look. You may offer up a picture, but it won't substitute for a written description.

Personality:
Create a fun and interesting character. Specify their behavior, habits, pet peeves, and whatever else you come up with to really flesh out your character. Try for at least a paragraph or more.

Goal:
Burn down the intolerant, tyrannical government that currently exists and create order throughout the land.

The history of Skypiea has changed over the years and I'll fill you in on the details but they aren't too extensive.

About your occupation though. While you can vie for a custom role, being a weaponsmith solely is something that wont provide the crew with that much aid. However, you could have being a weaponsmith a secondary job they do and maybe have their combat style revolve around innovate dial use. What we really could use at this point is a navigator, cook, doctor and shipwright as we need those 4 before we can start.

Years
I'm not very familiar with One Piece but this seems like fun. Will being unfamiliar cause problems? If not may I reserve a place?

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I'm not very familiar with One Piece but this seems like fun. Will being unfamiliar cause problems? If not may I reserve a place?
There's nothing you need to know about One Piece while signing up, but reservations are limited to those who want devil fruit powers. If you have any questions or are curious about something relating to One Piece, ask here or check out the One piece wiki.

Since we have a lot of humans though, if you're interested in playing another race, we could use some more crew variety. You're free to do whatever you want though.

I've updated my SU. I'm still not completely done.
Alright. I'll take another look at it when you complete it, but if you can in the mean time, try to make your sign-up more organized, combine some of your paragraphs as they're al really short and maybe reduce the formatting if that's causing you trouble.

Years
Okay here is my SU, I hope this is okay.

Part 1
Spoiler:

Part 2
Spoiler:

Let me know if anything needs changing. I have made made it a bit easier to read and a bit more specific.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Pyro, I think the larger problem than race is gonna be the sausage-party crew. The ship will be dripping with chauvanol. :P

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Okay here is my SU, I hope this is okay.

Part 1
Spoiler:

Part 2
Spoiler:

Let me know if anything needs changing.
If you could, fix the formatting so I can read your sign-up better.

It's looking good so far. I'd like you to extrapolate a bit on his appearance, personality and background. Another thing you should know is that on the Grand Line, islands have weather patterns unique to them based on the 4 seasons, so it can be a summer, fall, winter or spring island. For example, a winter island is probably snowy rear-round while a summer island is hot year round is likely either very tropical or very arid, like a desert.

I'd also like you to explain why and how he left the Grand Line. Or if you'd like, you may just have him be from an island of the other 4 seas.

Pyro, I think the larger problem than race is gonna be the sausage-party crew. The ship will be dripping with chauvanol. :P
Heheh, it'll be like the anime. :P They all have black hair too.

By the way did you get around to adding to your background and strip away the formatting some?

I'll be sending PMs out for those who haven't completed their applications yet and have them finish soon.

I'll want to have at least one other person finish before we start the RP as we do have a fair enough amount of people and we can probably flex the essential roles. I just hope one of you has some cooking skill because Mei's a picky eater!

Beyond this, I plan to have this start later this week after the Christmas buzz dies down or weekend after and sign-ups will remain open until we fill the necessary positions.

Years
I'll make it as much more detailed as I can, but I was pretty clear on why he left the Grand Line... I'm not sure what else I could say to clear that up for you...

Edit: SU has been fixed up, I'm not really sure what else I can add in but if there are any specific details you feel I need to add let me know.

Last edited:
Back