• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Somewhat Interesting Vanilla Game

Years
A Somewhat Interesting Vanilla Game
Mafia is a game that pits an uninformed majority (the town/innocents) against an informed minority (the mafia) in a battle for survival. The goal of the town is to remove all threats against them, whilst the goal of the mafia is to outnumber their enemies. There is also often third party roles with their own unique win conditions. These methods of obtaining victory are all achieved through systematic removal of players from the game.

The game is split into two phases - the Day (48 hours) and Night (24 hours). During the day, the town - unaware of who the mafia concealed amongst them are - discuss selecting a player to lynch (remove from the game). During this time, the mafia will be posing as town players in an attempt to sway the lynch away from themselves. During the night, the thread is to be considered locked and nobody can post in it. During this time the mafia players will select one other player to kill off. Also during this time, some players will have access to special abilities called night actions that can aid their side in achieving victory. The game begins on Night Zero. For more information, take a look at Gunner?s Guide.

Town Roles

Cop: During the night, the Cop can investigate one player and learn their alignment (town/maf/third party).

Doctor: During the night, the Doctor can protect one player from death.

Celebrity: The Celebrity does not have a night action, but is publicly revealed at the start of the game.

Agent: The Agent also doesn?t have a night action. Instead they can, via me, send anonymous messages to any other role in the game.

Tracker: During the night, the tracker can follow one other player to see who they visit.

Villager: Basic town role with no night action. Nonetheless, still an important part of the game.

Mafia Roles

Godfather: Does not have a night action. Appears Innocent when investigated by the Cop.

Voodoo Lady: Chooses a player and a word at night. If the chosen player says that word the following day, there is a 50% chance they?ll die. Words must have for or more letters and not be too common (ie. there, can?t).

Spy: A mafia player with no night action. During the day they can send anonymous messages to any other role.

Traitor: The traitor does not know who the other mafia is and is not known to the mafia. They do not participate in the mafia chat or count towards the mafia?s majority win condition. They appear innocent on Cop reports and win only if the mafia wins.

Lonely Third Party Role

The Killer: The Killer: The only third party role in this game. The Killer must visit and kill one other player every night. They win if they are alive at the end or among the final two.

Rules

1. Do not PM Share.
2. Do not post during the night.
3. If you are dead, that?s it. You?re dead. Don?t haunt the thread. You do however get one death post that cannot include any game relevant information.
4. Format votes as [Vote] Username
5. You must post at least twice each day phase. If you fail to do so or miss two consecutive votes, you may be replaced.
6. All standard UG and PC rules apply.
7. Have fun or else.

Players

gimmepie the Somewhat Interesting GM

Kitty
Melody
Sirdolan
Miah
Zenithios
Kiyotaka Ishimaru
Pecilia
Sparkin
Bardothren
Abby
Nightkrow
TheUncreativeSawsbuckFan
Bidoof FTW
Johnny
purplecicada
Mr James
Ida13

Last edited:
Years
A Somewhat Interesting Night Zero
Night Zero is often one of the most exciting nights to see as a GM. I sure hope you guys aren't going to let me down! The game is now beginning.

Spoiler: quotespam
why is this down here
also in

edit: wait it's up there now okay

I want in!

Probably time to give mafia a whirl again

Inb4 Voodoo Lady kills me with Ehhh?

I am Somewhat Interested in joining!

I'll join!

first PC game with celebrity role?

in

Nope.

Also in

I?m in.

Mostly for Voodoo Lady but I?m in.

I would like to join as well

im in sure

Note: If you did not receive a role PM from me on Discord or PC, that means you are a Vanilla Townie. Additionally, this will be a long night phase and end at 8:00pm (GMT+8) tomorrow.

Players

gimmepie the Somewhat Interesting GM

Kitty
Melody
Sirdolan
Miah
Zenithios
Kiyotaka Ishimaru
Pecilia
Sparkin
Bardothren
Abby
Nightkrow
TheUncreativeSawsbuckFan
Bidoof FTW
Johnny
purplecicada
Mr James as the Somewhat Interesting Celebrity
Ida13
metroid711

Years
A Somewhat Interesting Day One
So, some people died and stuff. Melody got jumped in a really unorganised mugging and beaten to death with a frozen salmon of all things. Pecilia had a grenade stuffed in his mouth because apparently someone appreciates irony.

Spoiler: quotespam
why is this down here
also in

edit: wait it's up there now okay

I want in!

Probably time to give mafia a whirl again

Inb4 Voodoo Lady kills me with Ehhh?

I am Somewhat Interested in joining!

I'll join!

first PC game with celebrity role?

in

Nope.