• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zubat used Supersonic!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What are attacks you absolutely hate being attack with, that you tend to use normally yourself, be it normal play or competitive?

Whenever I get hit by Supersonic or Hypnosis, and they actually hit, I get a little grumpy because those moves seem to always miss for me. I am the type of person who uses Confusion and Sleep to my advantage, so seeing that strategy used against me, and working always ticks me off just a tiny bit.

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • As the thread name suggests, I hate it when someone confuses me. It's so frustrating relying on RNG to not lose the turn, and the ducks are my worst nightmare. The same applies to infatuation (probably in a higher level), and sleep.

Years
  • Like you mentioned Supersonic and Hypnosis are very annoying but the one move I hate even more than these 2 is Double Slap.

It feels like Double Slap always gets 5 hits against me and on rare occasions when I use Double Slap it either misses or hits 2 or maybe 3 times max. The most annoying thing ever is when you are trying to level up quickly on few Audino in Gen 5 but Audino survives with red HP and hits you 5 times with Double Slap, it usually doesn't do much damage but it wastes so much time that it's SUPER annoying.

pkmin3033

Sand Attack and Double Team. Pokemon that use either have a tendency to spam them incessantly, making landing attacks progressively more unlikely. Double Team especially, because at least with Sand Attack you can switch out. I don't tend to keep moves that will always hit for very long, so a lot of the time I'm just throwing attacks out there and seeing the miss text. It's infuriating.

I'm not keen on anything that inflicts a status effect, though. Paralysis especially, with damage over time statuses like Burn and Poison being a close second. Just die already.

...but not too quickly. Stop using Selfdestruct/Explosion. gdi.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • That god damn MINIMIZE. OMG it drives me crazy. Oh, that and when the opponent makes my Pokémon confused. Heck, I hate that too, especially when I just want to speed through the battle....

Years
  • nothing is more annoying than being hit with swagger. not only is your pokemon confused, but because of the attack boost, they hurt themselves more as a result and it's so frustrating.

any move that has a high chance of causing paralysis (or just in general causes paralysis) comes in at a very close second.

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
    Years
  • Confusion is a great method of stopping an opponent in their tracks, especially mixed with paralysis. Unless you're the player. Then it does absolutely nothing. Honestly the only other thing that frustrates me that much is wild Pokemon using Protect or Detect to waste my PP. Looking at you, Pelipper and Meditite. You know what you did.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2020
    Confusion with Kadabra. Confusing the Opposition half the time.

Back