• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Jupiter Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • I might add outlines to them. I did that with their icons, and with the exception of Mars, they came out nicely. There are a few other ripped sprites I might do that with, but I'm not really that interested in reinserting every one of the sprites again (due to the size restrictions - for the animations, I'm literally sticking them in as compactly as possible at the end of the rom).

If I have enough space at the end of the rom when I'm done, I'll be happy to add those outlines to make them more "Pokemon-like".

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    I might add outlines to them. I did that with their icons, and with the exception of Mars, they came out nicely. There are a few other ripped sprites I might do that with, but I'm not really that interested in reinserting every one of the sprites again (due to the size restrictions - for the animations, I'm literally sticking them in as compactly as possible at the end of the rom).

If I have enough space at the end of the rom when I'm done, I'll be happy to add those outlines to make them more "Pokemon-like".

You do know you could expand your game to 32mb for more space right?

Open it up in XSE and go to Tools--> Rom Resizer
    And from there it's pretty simple.

Anyways you probably shouldn't run out of space... Ruby has the most space out of all of them.

Also I think that the best part of this game is the music.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Thanks about the music comment! I spent a lot of time on it, and since my rom isn't good with maps, most people shove that bit aside.

I don't want to resize it unless nessecary, because most people can patch IPS files, and they only work for roms that are 16MB or less. Plus, for a mysterious reason, the sprites freeze the game if I access them in the free space between 0x6B0000 and 0xD00000 (they are twice as large as the regular ones because of the animation), so they must be placed in the free space after where the font is stored. I should have enough space for all the pokemon obtainable in Jupiter, but probably not for all 386 of them...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Well, I just tried the hack today and I say that it's really impressive...
    The animation of the sprites(though I'm a bit sad we can't play the female as of now, though), the scripts and the music.
    But some cries are a bit loud and the graphics need some work, though.
    If you can pull those through, I believe that this will be the greatest hack ever. ^^

Anyways, good luck with this hack project~

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • ...I can't believe it.

Republican #1 had three level 36 Pokemon. When I first met him, my Pokemon were around level 16 each. His Phanpy trampled all over my party. I woke up at the PokeCentre, half of my cash missing, and decided I would have to level grind.

Many, many hours later, my Pokemon had reached lv. 21 each and had some useful moves like hypnosis. With a bit of luck, I thought I could withstand the Phanpy's devastating rollout attack. I faced the Republicans a second time. The Phanpy fell. So did the Swinub (also lv. 36). I faced the Piloswine (level 36 as well), a fearsome mass of hair and boar fangs, and triumphed! The odds had been stacked against me, but I won still.

Now for the second Republican, I thought. No doubt he would be even worse than the first. I braced myself as he called out...his LEVEL 16 PHANPY.

I'm guessing that the Pokemon around Slateport were much stronger once, and when you downgraded them you forgot to downgrade the first Republican's party. Whatever the reason, it's horribly unfair to the player.

Edit: ...John McCain? xDD I am so going to keep playing.

-----

Should I list glitches? I think I will.

A lot of the houses are broken. When I entered the north-western house in Rustboro, it took me to a messed-up map with trees and mountains. I fell into the same map when entering the trick master's house. The Gym in Dewford warps you to the interior of the house below it, and that house warps you to the interior of the gym.

One of the signs in Dewford can be walked over, and one of the squares of sand is an invisible obstacle.

The kites are freaking awesome, but they need some tweaking. You didn't change the tiles inside the ex-bike shop, and Ridel still talks about bikes. Both of the kites look identical, and I can ride them into the PokeCentre.

Tabistreak looks like a dunsparce, and Platyduck's tiny sprite is of a Chinchou.

My favourite glitch is when five level 100 MISSINGNO.s with pretty pictures appeared in my second storage box. They all have Serene Grace as an ability and it says I met them in Zaptap City, wherever that is. Their last attacks are is called Super Glitch, with a base power of 120: "The user malfunctions, then attacks the next turn." It's a shame that they don't have genders.

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I somehow have 2 Garets, 2 Daigo/Steven, 2 Hammas, 2 Ivans, 2 Sticks, 2 Temnoble and 5 Missingos in my PC, are they meant to be there or what and can you tell me the eveelutions in your hack, I want a Zepheon :)

And this is like a great idea, it's like the 2 greatest gba games put together.

Edit: did you add Dualluan and MErandi and Santuras

Last edited:

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • ...I can't believe it.

Republican #1 had three level 36 Pokemon. When I first met him, my Pokemon were around level 16 each. His Phanpy trampled all over my party. I woke up at the PokeCentre, half of my cash missing, and decided I would have to level grind.

Many, many hours later, my Pokemon had reached lv. 21 each and had some useful moves like hypnosis. With a bit of luck, I thought I could withstand the Phanpy's devastating rollout attack. I faced the Republicans a second time. The Phanpy fell. So did the Swinub (also lv. 36). I faced the Piloswine (level 36 as well), a fearsome mass of hair and boar fangs, and triumphed! The odds had been stacked against me, but I won still.

Now for the second Republican, I thought. No doubt he would be even worse than the first. I braced myself as he called out...his LEVEL 16 PHANPY.

I'm guessing that the Pokemon around Slateport were much stronger once, and when you downgraded them you forgot to downgrade the first Republican's party. Whatever the reason, it's horribly unfair to the player.

Edit: ...John McCain? xDD I am so going to keep playing.

-----

Should I list glitches? I think I will.

A lot of the houses are broken. When I entered the north-western house in Rustboro, it took me to a messed-up map with trees and mountains. I fell into the same map when entering the trick master's house. The Gym in Dewford warps you to the interior of the house below it, and that house warps you to the interior of the gym.

One of the signs in Dewford can be walked over, and one of the squares of sand is an invisible obstacle.

The kites are freaking awesome, but they need some tweaking. You didn't change the tiles inside the ex-bike shop, and Ridel still talks about bikes. Both of the kites look identical, and I can ride them into the PokeCentre.

Tabistreak looks like a dunsparce, and Platyduck's tiny sprite is of a Chinchou.

My favourite glitch is when five level 100 MISSINGNO.s with pretty pictures appeared in my second storage box. They all have Serene Grace as an ability and it says I met them in Zaptap City, wherever that is. Their last attacks are is called Super Glitch, with a base power of 120: "The user malfunctions, then attacks the next turn." It's a shame that they don't have genders.
    XD Gotta love betas.

Thanks for pointing those things out (although some of them I already know about, and by release 6 I'll fix)

Wow, I totally didn't notice the trainer battles got mixed up. Last time I went through, there were two trainers, 1 with lv. 14-ish pokemon and the other with a lv.15-16 pokemon. Looks like I screwed something up. Let's just say Trainer Data isn't really my niche XD

Anyways, I'm working on inserting a new drum kit, and I'm also editing tilesets as well. FUUUUUUUUN...

Would you two please tell me how you obtained those Pokemon? I might have forgotten to change back a script or something (it really sounds like it - sometimes, to test certain areas, I make myself a nice little script that gives me several powerful pokemon so that I don't die, but sometimes I forget to remove them XD).

Have fun with your Hammas - she's got a base stat 200 for Special Attack.

To the above - not Dulluhan, but maybe a reference to everyone's favourite Proxians...

And to those who are curious, a second beta might be up in a few weeks. So keep your eyes open...

In the new beta I guarentee:
    -Fixing most problems posted here
    -All animations finished
    -A Female playable character (the identity is hidden at the moment for suspense, but I'll promise you that it is NOT Sheba)
    -Some songs revamped (again)
    -More Maps
    -Better Tiles

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2010
    Hey guys, this rom looked really good, but after I downloaded the Ruby ROM and this IPS file, and patched them, it won't play on the Visual Boy Advance. I only see a white screen. Any help?

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • You've probably got the wrong rom. Make sure it's the American Ruby rom (AXVE) and that it's number is 0907.

EDIT: That dog is really starting to freak me out =O

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2010
    You've probably got the wrong rom. Make sure it's the American Ruby rom (AXVE) and that it's number is 0907.

I'll try this now, thanks.

LOL, yeah, it's a Crack Dog.

This rom is looking fantastic so far. Took me a while before I found the specific Ruby Version though.

>.>

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    Oh wow!

A Golden Sun Pokemon based hack. This is awesome.

Tell me I'm dead!

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2013
    I cant get into cinder city. Some guy is blocking the way and hes says that "Isnt there something you should be looking for? I think its on a nearrby route." What is he talking about? Where is this "thing" that I need?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    Ok ummm. I transferred my save file to get past the 5th gym but erm... Still say's that I'm getting stronger but the doors are locked.
    I have 4 badges.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Well, just keep working in Ruby to the 6th gym leader.

The next beta (which will be out in a couple of weeks) will have these problems fixed. For now, I'm going to add a mysterious female playable character for you all to check out. I'll post her sprite in a bit (I still have some work to do)

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Ivan is better for this hack because he is able to communicate with the Pokemon with Mind Read. This allows for some interesting new enhancements. What would Isaac do? Use Ragnarok or Move on something XD

Anywho, I have a few new screens:
    purdy.png

A new background for a dying world.
    FEMALE.png

A female character? What is this? Her name is Hannah. (Not Hannah Montana - she's a play off of an NPC's name from Golden Sun; you know who and you get a cookie ^^)

Edit: Oh my, I already have a lot of fans =]

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back