• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favourite Storyline?

Years
  • Although Pokemon games generally follow the same storyline, a young trainer setting out on a journey to become the league champion, there's always some sort of catastrophe and evil teams that the player has to take on. So what's your favourite storyline, is it the goals of domination from a criminal organization, the battle of nature from the land and sea, or creatures crossing from another dimension to cause chaos?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I dunno if I could really pick a favorite. I really enjoyed Gen 4 even though it didn't introduce any major twists and had a pretty similar plot to several of the games before it, but it was really well-done for what it was and I enjoyed it a ton. I also adore Gen 5's storyline - it made a lot of changes to what had until then been the "tried and true" plot formula basically all previous Pokémon games had employed, and it made an amazing product in the process.

Sun & Moon was okay, but there are ways of making characters interesting besides having them show up for a cutscene in every single area. imo Silver was one of the earliest examples of a really well-done and dynamic character despite only showing up every few cities for a battle and then running off.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Black & white also BW2 story line are rather interesting other gens seems too cliche for my taste, so thumbs up for Gen5 so far also SM have a rather plot-twist storyline that intrigues me

Years
  • I loved the battle between Kyogre, Groundon and Rayquaza, so I think Emerald wins it for me, that cutscene was epic back in the day haha.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's a toss up between DPPT & SM.

I'm still finding it hard to say which I prefer of these two games, but the plot of both heavily influences my reasoning for having them as my top favourites. Both storylines provide depth, fantastic character development, and both are easily the standout memorable storylines for me personally. If I were pushed for a choice then I'd probably say Sun & Moon storyline wise. I loved the pacing throughout the whole game, and I also loved how the Aether Foundation twist was executed, it still felt like a shock despite it being somewhat implied that they were up to no good.

Years
  • ^Makes me wish I'd played Sun and Moon, but my favorite story line goes to Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, specifically the Delta Episode in how it had this massive catastrophe that tied in to third gen.

Years
  • My favorite storyline has to be BW's. The characters and their developments really showed how much game freak put effort into those games. For example take N who was basically brainwashed to release all the pokemon, turned into a confident trainer who still cared for pokemon, but in a pure way.

Back