• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Bad Reboots

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What tv show reboots do you find bad?

I am NOT fond of the new TMNT (2018). I'm honestly really angry they took the show and tried to make it a comedy (also edgier) like what happened w/Teen Titans (the spinoff, teen titans go, you know what I'm on about). Do. Not. Want. What was wrong with the 2012 one? It was well written.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • What tv show reboots do you find bad?

I am NOT fond of the new TMNT (2018). I'm honestly really angry they took the show and tried to make it a comedy (also edgier) like what happened w/Teen Titans (the spinoff, teen titans go, you know what I'm on about). Do. Not. Want. What was wrong with the 2012 one? It was well written.

Ran out of material I suppose. Plus I was never fond of the idea of April being a teenager in the 2012 version. Call me a 1980's Turtle if there is such a thing. If we're going with reboots, then I think the following qualifies. Firstly, the original series in Code Lyoko and then it's reboot series in Code Lyoko Evolution. Original was 2D/3D CGI that aired from 2003-2007. Voice acting could have been better but at least they had a formula wherein they eventually destroy the antagonist. Fast forward five years later with Evolution and it picks up not long after the previous series ended. Evolution had live action replace the 2D portion while it's 3D CGI just didn't make me think of the original, no matter how hard they tried. To anyone who was a fan of the original outright despises the reboot. It was purely in French too so no English Dub to go with like the original series.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • though most reboots are usually horrible, no matter how much you plead and beg, thats the sad part

What tv show reboots do you find bad?

Have you not seen a pattern of what Cartoon Network is doing? trying to get more kidly, or how ever you would call it.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Dunno, I think the Sabrina reboot definitely has its charms - it knows the fine line between succumbing to tackiness and reveling in it, unlike its sister program Riverdale. It's just a shame that Kiernan Shipka is the worst actress in the show despite being the titular character, lmao.

Years
  • I don't even view the new Sabrina as a remake since's it's a completely different kind of show. That's how remakes should be done in my opinion, old characters to be given new life in a way different to the original, and I think it's an interesting and daring move to include Satanist themes (even if you can find many stereotypical criticisms I think their heart is in the right place at times to try and show the self empowering themes of Satanism).

Unlike say... Charmed. The format is a complete carbon copy of the original even if there are things I do like about the new Charmed.

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Unlike say... Charmed. The format is a complete carbon copy of the original even if there are things I do like about the new Charmed.

Holly Marie Combs hates it, so I have an obligation to support Piper on this one!

Back