• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
I could actually be a co-GM with someone for a Star Wars RP. I'd love to set up a KOTOR-like story, where players traveled in a ship between planets. And where they definitely wouldn't have to be jedi knights.
But (I'm so whining too much about this xD) right now I'm too busy.

Aww, i was gona ask, lol. xD

still waiting for my power rangers roleplay to be approved. jpoin when its up plz

Ur RP might not get accepted btw, but if it does you'll see it. :)

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
Hello Everyone~

I couldn't think of a better place to ask this, so here goes:

I've been thinking of making a Homestuck RP, and I was wondering how many of you would join?

Or how many of you know what Homestuck is for that matter?

shinysweety

Years
Hello Everyone~

I couldn't think of a better place to ask this, so here goes:

I've been thinking of making a Homestuck RP, and I was wondering how many of you would join?

Or how many of you know what Homestuck is for that matter?

I'm, not really sure what Homestuck is, ;;^_^ But maybe if you could tell me a bit about it i could help, lol. :P

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@pikapip: It's that thing... That thing that makes people flee at the mention of, right?

@Star Wars RP Talk: I love Star Wars, and I might consider joining. Howver, I will warn that I got sick and tired of the "Mercenaries are SO COOL and way better than Jedi. Also what is the plot of Star Wars again?" crowd years ago and could not possibly bring myself to put up with being in an RP that falls under that cliche.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I've . . . heard of Homestuck . . . I think?

Ugh, Star Wars.
I don't think I'd join, but it's certainly a plausible idea for a RP. I mean, going off of all the games and everything they've made lately (which I haven't really played, although I own 2 or 3, lol) there's certainly enough to play around with.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Star Wars Topic-I don't think I'd join. I don't know much of Star Wars, nor have I seen all the movies. Seems complicated too to watch, plus it would be hard for me to know what to do & where to go. xD I wouldn't even know what the places are called or how I get to those places! :P Sorry if this has a negative effect or anything. I would be a Jedi though since they are cool.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
Well, Homestuck itself is a very large 'comic' that has a huge fanbase and takes quite a while to read through. If an RP were to be made, it would be about the game within Homestuck, or SBURB/SGRUB.

SBURB is basically a videogame that requires multiple people to play. You need at least two people to play, as they will form a chain: The server host connects to the player, and then the player becomes a server host. it is unknown how long a full chain of players can be: The only given chain lengths were 4 and 12. Supposedly they can go to any number, but it's recommended that they are kept as small as possible.

See, playing SBURB is the only way to survive your planet's destruction, and to possibly save it. When you install the game, the Server player is given complete control over your reality. The game turns your presence into a real life 'Sims.' The server player must then deploy several items into your living space: A cruxtruder, A Totem Lathe
, The Alchemitizer, and a Pre-Punched Card.

(I just realized how incredibly complicated this explanation is going to seem... Perhaps I shall give the short version instead):
Basically, The game allows you to leave the planet and enter the medium(Also referred to as Skaia) In the medium you must battle against Monsters that drop a material, that when used correctly, allows you to manufacture completely unique items by combining two separate items. Each player has a separate world that they will enter when they enter the medium, although they will all meet up at some point. Each player gets their own unique weapon type, and they can craft their own weapons using the Alchemitizer and the afore mentioned cruxtruder. Each player also gets their own title, and that title gives them some form of power. (I.E. Knight of Time, Witch of Space, Heir of Breath, Seer of Light) The first part of the title is influenced by the character, and their personalities. (Those who are noble become knights, those who serve and help their friends are maids/serfs, those who embody cunning and thievery are thieves etc.) The second part of the title is chosen at random by Skaia, and it ties in with their Land(IE: Land of Heat and Clockwork=Time) The land may not always tie in with the power, but for the most part it does.

( This wiki page contains a great bit of information on SBURB/SGRUB, but it also contains a decent bit of storyline elements, so it might spoil things if you intend to read it. http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Sburb)

Naturally this kind of RP would require a bit of prior knowledge towards its subject, But I fully believe that it could be played by someone who has never heard of homestuck, if the Form was set up carefully and Strictly.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I do like homestuck, but i only got to the end of... part two i think? *checks*

Nope, the end of part three. maybe i should keep reading it.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
I suggest that you keep Reading it Skymin! It's very entertaining, and most of the people who can get past act one manage to fall in love with it by act five!

Do you at least understand why I think it would make for a decent RP?

shinysweety

Years
Well, Homestuck itself is a very large 'comic' that has a huge fanbase and takes quite a while to read through. If an RP were to be made, it would be about the game within Homestuck, or SBURB/SGRUB.

SBURB is basically a videogame that requires multiple people to play. You need at least two people to play, as they will form a chain: The server host connects to the player, and then the player becomes a server host. it is unknown how long a full chain of players can be: The only given chain lengths were 4 and 12. Supposedly they can go to any number, but it's recommended that they are kept as small as possible.

See, playing SBURB is the only way to survive your planet's destruction, and to possibly save it. When you install the game, the Server player is given complete control over your reality. The game turns your presence into a real life 'Sims.' The server player must then deploy several items into your living space: A cruxtruder, A Totem Lathe
, The Alchemitizer, and a Pre-Punched Card.

(I just realized how incredibly complicated this explanation is going to seem... Perhaps I shall give the short version instead):
Basically, The game allows you to leave the planet and enter the medium(Also referred to as Skaia) In the medium you must battle against Monsters that drop a material, that when used correctly, allows you to manufacture completely unique items by combining two separate items. Each player has a separate world that they will enter when they enter the medium, although they will all meet up at some point. Each player gets their own unique weapon type, and they can craft their own weapons using the Alchemitizer and the afore mentioned cruxtruder. Each player also gets their own title, and that title gives them some form of power. (I.E. Knight of Time, Witch of Space, Heir of Breath, Seer of Light) The first part of the title is influenced by the character, and their personalities. (Those who are noble become knights, those who serve and help their friends are maids/serfs, those who embody cunning and thievery are thieves etc.) The second part of the title is chosen at random by Skaia, and it ties in with their Land(IE: Land of Heat and Clockwork=Time) The land may not always tie in with the power, but for the most part it does.

( This wiki page contains a great bit of information on SBURB/SGRUB, but it also contains a decent bit of storyline elements, so it might spoil things if you intend to read it. http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Sburb)

Naturally this kind of RP would require a bit of prior knowledge towards its subject, But I fully believe that it could be played by someone who has never heard of homestuck, if the Form was set up carefully and Strictly.

Well i guess Home stuck seems like a cool idea for a RP then, but i don't think i would join though, lol.

Quick Question: Which do you prefer limited place RPs or unlimited place RPs?

Do u mean like RP's that have no ending and RP's that end sooner or later???? lol. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I suggest that you keep Reading it Skymin! It's very entertaining, and most of the people who can get past act one manage to fall in love with it by act five!

Do you at least understand why I think it would make for a decent RP?
I'm not sure i understood your explanation... but from what I gathered, it could be good if you make it good :)

Quick Question: Which do you prefer limited place RPs or unlimited place RPs?
I understand what you mean, if you mean RPs where the GM closes SUs after a while VS RPs where SUs never close?

I prefer RPs where there are only a certain number of spots. Too many players become a mess to keep up with.

The warden

I'm back!
Years

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I guess it really depends on who I am then. If I'm the GM, I prefer the lack there-of limits because it makes the roleplay significantly more likely to survive takeoff.

As a player, I don't really have a preferences as it's no concern of mine. I'd have to say I wouldn't want the roleplay I'm in to die though, so I'd prefer the lack of limits. Sometimes, limits have to be set though depending on the type of roleplay. If they're large enough it won't matter though. Like... PTA has user limits based on how much people we can handle keeping track of. (We have the limits mostly because we keep track of the pokemon every trainer has, their moves, level, etcetera and every roleplayer can have up to 3 characters.) However, that leaves our limit at 32 roleplayers. It's very hard to fill that number up at all, let alone to risk death via not having enough slots. (Death via not enough slots usually occurs when by chance a large portion of the roleplayers become inactive, wreaking havoc on the roleplay. The probability of this goes down the more roleplayers you have.)

shinysweety

Years
Yeah that's what I meant.

And now time for blatant advertising. There are still five places for my RP Pokémon: Legacy of the Dragon Islands.

Oh, that's what u meant. xD Well as Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers said, ur RP get's to messed up and confusing and to hard to keep up with if there is unlimited slots. Plus if allot of people joined everyone would Ninjad each other, lol. xD

I noticed, i was thinking of joining but i decided not to. :P

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Well I thought I had posted something eariler but I guess not... Anyhow I'll do the Star Wars RP if I can get some (or one) Co-GM. If your interested you can PM me and we can discuss details.

The idea was to have it AFTER the Return of the Jedi and set it up where the Rebel Alliance has remake the Republic, Luke Skywalker reopens the Jedi Temple and begins rebuilding the Jedi order, but not all is well since while the Empire was defeated for the most part there is still a large group of them the new Republic is too weak to destroy right now. (I have a much more advance plot but I don't feel like retyping it >.< )

The idea is to had a RP were we do get to travel to different worlds as it goes on and either a group of players or each player can get a ship will be decided once I can talk to co-GMs (might be everyone on one ship).

I'm debating having no one start with a Jedi, but have "force sensitive" players who can be recruited into the Order... that or allow a few (IE 2 at most) Padiwans... Leave some room for characters to grow through out the RP.

To those going "I don't know much about Star Wars" well I'm not too knowledgeable either (go go Wookiepedia), and it will ignore all the expanded universe stuff from after the Return of the Jedi, and I'm going to ignore some of the stuff in Episode 1,2, and 3... mainly the miniclorians or whatever they called it. Also on worlds and such I like to make it so anyone can join. So I'll give people information on things such as a planet or what it means to be a Jedi so you can basically "learn" with your character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back