• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Entertaining Chit-Chat (sportsproof!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That one would play at least once every night at this restaurant I used to work years back.

No vocal, but this song's good also. Hearing it inside an elevator would make for the greatest elevator ride.

pkmin3033

We really need a LEGO Marvel movie. Watching the LEGO Batman movie yesterday convinced me of this. It's the best superhero movie I've ever seen. xD

Thor: Ragnarok does look good, though. I'm irked they feel the need to put the Hulk in it - I have always hated the Hulk and I always will - but Cate Blanchett as Hela is easily the best casting choice they have ever made. I can say this with absolute confidence without even seeing the movie. Even if they kill her off...sssomehow. How you kill off a Goddess of Death is beyond me, but I'm sure they've thought of something.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Waaa I've yet to see the lego batman movie, I really gotta somehow.

Lego Iron Man please. He can be a master builder. (alas, likely there won't be a marvel movie since in the Lego movie there were only DC heroes?)

pkmin3033

The movie had me with this, to be honest. I have a weakness for in-movie songs...this is what happens when you grow up with musicals and Renaissance Disney. xD

I wouldn't entirely discount the possibility of a LEGO Marvel movie, though...there is more LEGO DC than there is Marvel, but there are two super heroes games, and LEGO Star Wars is all over the place too. The MCU is very popular still, so it'd make sense...maybe?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I haven't watched any LEGO movies at all so far. Batman is a must-see according to reviews, however, at least for most people; that one is at top of my watchlist.

pkmin3033

I tried watching The LEGO Movie and I honestly hated it. My mother loved it, though. I dunno why I didn't like it, but I preferred the LEGO video games when they were silent comedies, so it might have been due to that. I only liked the LEGO Batman movie because I knew all the characters, and Batman was just...unbelievably sassy and arrogant throughout; I don't think he's ever been like that in any incarnation outside of the '66 one and it was just fantasic. xD

I've also seen the first Bionicle movie, too...I was more interested in the figures than the movie to be honest; it was kinda weird.

pkmin3033

It was good, but I don't know if it was Mask of the Phantasm good...that film was amazing. Kinda hard to call, now that I think about it.

The DC Animated movies are all pretty good, actually! Well, the ones I've seen. The Killing Joke wasn't THAT bad, even though it was padded in places. I really hope they do Hush and The Long Halloween in the future...and Superman: Red Son, too.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've gone to the cinema soooo little lately. Weird, because I really like going, even in 3D.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I can't recall the last time I've been to one. I should change that.

pkmin3033

I think the last time I went to the cinema was to see Rogue One...I like early morning screenings though, and after a few days they don't show them much before 11, and with travel time on top of that it's practically half a day gone...

I will definitely see Thor: Ragnarok and probably The Last Jedi at the end of the year, but that'll be it. Will just wait for DVD releases...it's cheaper, and I can rewatch the film. xD

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I posted this in the Discord, but Communism chat was ruling the roost at the time...

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/07/d23-e...ia-themed-land-coming-disneys-animal-kingdom/

If the rumors are to be believed, plans are already in place for another massive themed-land in the park, utilizing the space that is Rafiki?s Planet Watch, as well as the unused plot of land meant for the larger Tiger River Rapids attraction (before it was budget cut and made Kali River Rapids, opening in 1999). The land would reportedly be the city of Zootopia from the hit 2016 film of the same name.

While details are vague, the main idea seems to be to reutilize the track from the Wildlife Express train for the commuter train seen in the film, transporting guests aboard a screen-based experience into Zootopia the same way Judy Hopps arrives. Otherwise, the land would likely have an E-Ticket experience and some secondary attractions, as well as shopping and dining straight out of the movie. Pawpsicles anyone?

pkmin3033

Am I the only one who didn't like Zootopia/Zootropolis?

...yeah, I know. My Renaissance is showing. I haven't really liked a Disney movie since Treasure Planet though >.>

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Marvel and Star Wars could be considered Disney, to a degree, haha.

pkmin3033

All of it. I found the characters off-putting, the plot was tiresome and not particularly inspiring, and I just don't understand the hype surrounding it when it's easily one of the worst Disney films I've seen in years.

...I realise I'm not the target audience, but I can usually get a modicum of enjoyment out of their animated films at at least one point in the moving. I don't know how I made it through that film when after about 15 minutes all I wanted was for it to end...I'd sooner watch Frozen again, honestly...

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The Grand Tour season 2 trailer to come out on Prime Day, July 11th.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back