• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
  • Also since in the middle of doing a project already, how would you add all these editions into the v15 of Pokemon Essentials

You wouldn't. They've made so many changes in so many different places that it's best to start anew.

Though the fact that you aren't using the Gen VI pack source code is probably why you're having trouble loading Gen VI Pokemon. It's more likely you're having trouble loading Fairy types because it's not a defined type.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2016
    Ah mkay.
    Still having trouble though with the Gen 6 Pokemon though just using the source code.
    All I did from that file was play the game and talk to the lady at the Demo that gives you the 6 random Pokemon for your party and then when I look at one if it's a gen 6 mon it breaks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2015
    There are plenty of reasons it could break, like not having graphics. That's what happened to me, anyway, when I didn't have a battlers folder like a silly person.

Years
  • Question: Is there a sprite pack of mega-evolutions hidden somewhere amongst the forum pages? It seems that the base sprites included in Pokemon Essentials do not include megas and I was going to attempt saving time

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    Does anyone know how to fix the problem with the bases in battle being too high, because I cant figure out how to do it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2021
    Seriously, what is causing the Pokemon's back sprites to be off the screen with this pack in? What value needs to be changed and where is it? No matter what I do it shows just the top third of any back sprite, regardless of the Pokemon's set y-position. How do I fix this I've been trying for several weeks now and nothing works.

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    In PokeBattle_BattlerEffects,def pbReduceAttackStatStageIntimidate(opponent) has an error in the Clearbody/Hypercutter check. It uses an undeclared variable "attacker".

Easy fix, just reporting it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    Rototiller bug?

I'm using the Gen 6 Add on and when a pokemon uses Rototiller, it produces a error:
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `pbCanIncreaseStatStage?' for nil:NilClass
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:170:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:168:in `each'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:168:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3462:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3461:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3461:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3705:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3704:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3704:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battle:3087:in `pbAttackPhase'

(P.S how do u input spoiler sections in, thanks in advance :} )

Years
  • To make text in spoiler you must select the text you want to hide and, after, you must click the blue button "abc".

Anyways can you paste your PokeBattle_MoveEffects, about line 160 to 170? The report you show us tells there's a problem in line 170, with function pbEffect.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    Move error

Hi,
    I dont mean to ask too many questions, but I have another issue with this error code
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `pponent' for #<PokeBattle_Move_116:0x32bd928>
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:7476:in `pbMoveFailed'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2763:in `pbSuccessCheck'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3090:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3086:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3086:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3499:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3473:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3502:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3705:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3704:in `logonerr'

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    when I looked through pbPokeBattler, I couldnt find any issues they all said opponent unless its a different section.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    PokeBattle_Move
    Thanks for the help, but I'm having another unrelated issue with my game with
    1. NPC giving special pokemon (looked at the wikia, couldnt figure it out for the life of me.) eg Pikachu with Surf
    2.Showcase: How to properly showcase your game on the site: like where I can find a layout or some way to share my project.
    3.ItemFinder: I cant figure out how to put hidden items around so the player can find them.

Thanks so much,
    Froakie34 (BenJ)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks for the help, but I'm having another unrelated issue with my game with
    1. NPC giving special pokemon (looked at the wikia, couldnt figure it out for the life of me.) eg Pikachu with Surf
    2.Showcase: How to properly showcase your game on the site: like where I can find a layout or some way to share my project.
    3.ItemFinder: I cant figure out how to put hidden items around so the player can find them.

Thanks so much,
    Froakie34 (BenJ)

What does any of this have to do with Gen 6?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    I don't even know how that got here because it originated in a another forum but was moved here.
    But there is something pertaining to the Gen 6 Add-on which is why does when a pokemon gets burned it says " the Ariados is in love with the wild Jigglypuff." Also, Rototiller has a issue and how exactly does the upside down evolution work?

Thanks again in advance!

Back