• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    Hi,
    I'm still confused about what I said earlier about the rototiller bug and the statement the game makes when you're in love or burned with it saying "the______ was burned by the foes ________.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2020
    For some reason, whenever a Spinda enters the battle, the game crashes and shows this error message:
    Exception: NoMethodError
    PSystem_Utilities:1124:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies'
    PSystem_Utilities:1087:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmap'
    PokeBattle_Scene:514:in `setPokemonBitmap'
    PokeBattle_Scene:2179:in `pbStartBattle'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2630:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2603:in `pbStartBattle'
    PField_Field:1015:in `pbWildBattle'
    PField_Field:1014:in `pbSceneStandby'
    PField_Field:1016:in `pbWildBattle'
    PField_Field:1013:in `pbBattleAnimation'

Years
  • Do anyone know how to fix this 3 bugs:

1 - After the battle, Groudon doesn't come out of it's Primal Form.
    2 - Primal Groudon sprite is bugged, rolling 2 sprites in sequence.
    3 - When Kyogre enters in battle (with Blue Orb) the game test crashes.

Sorry for the bad english, i'm brazilian.

Years
  • Hi,
    I'm still confused about what I said earlier about the rototiller bug.

A fixed Rototiller. I may have the message for nothing happening wrong
    Code:
    ################################################################################
    # Rototiller
    ################################################################################
    class PokeBattle_Move_157 < PokeBattle_Move
      def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
        ret=super(attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
        bob=0
        for battler in @battle.battlers
          if battler.pbHasType?(:GRASS) && !battler.isAirborne?
            bob+=1
            if ![COLOR="Red"]battler[/COLOR].pbCanIncreaseStatStage?(PBStats::ATTACK,false,attacker) &&
                ![COLOR="red"]battler[/COLOR].pbCanIncreaseStatStage?(PBStats::SPATK,false,attacker)
              @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s stats won't go any higher!",[COLOR="Orange"]battler[/COLOR].pbThis))
              next
            end
            pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
            showanim=true
            if [COLOR="red"]battler[/COLOR].pbCan[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Increase[/COLOR]StatStage?(PBStats::ATTACK,false,attacker)
              [COLOR="red"]battler[/COLOR].pb[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Increase[/COLOR]Stat(PBStats::ATTACK,1,true,showanim,attacker)
              showanim=false
            end
            if [COLOR="red"]battler[/COLOR].pbCan[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Increase[/COLOR]StatStage?(PBStats::SPATK,false,attacker)
              [COLOR="red"]battler[/COLOR].pb[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Increase[/COLOR]Stat(PBStats::SPATK,1,true,showanim,attacker)
              showanim=false
            end
          end
        end
        if bob==0
          @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("But nothing happened!"))
        end
        return ret
      end
    end

Rototiller's code is found in PokeBattle_MoveEffects, in my game around line 8467 but that may not reflect your copy of Essentials.

The original code had the red "battler"s replaced with "opponent"s, and since there was nothing in the "opponent" variable it was crashing the move. By a similar token, the orange "battler" was replaced with "attacker", which would have cause the wrong name to display.
    While not a problem from a coding standpoint, the green "Increase"s were originally "Reduce"s, which would have caused the move to have the opposite of the intended effect.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2017
    i am trying to have a skybattle but i don't know how.
    i tried to change the def script in PokeBattle_Battle
    Code:
      def initialize(scene,p1,p2,player,opponent,skybattle=false,inverse=false)
    to
    Code:
      def initialize(scene,p1,p2,player,opponent,skybattle=true,inverse=false)
    it's work but work with all battles :(
    How can i have a battle with skybattle? thanks and sorry about my bad english

Years
  • i am trying to have a skybattle but i don't know how.
    i tried to change the def script in PokeBattle_Battle
    Code:
      def initialize(scene,p1,p2,player,opponent,skybattle=false,inverse=false)
    to
    Code:
      def initialize(scene,p1,p2,player,opponent,skybattle=true,inverse=false)
    it's work but work with all battles :(
    How can i have a battle with skybattle? thanks and sorry about my bad english

fix it back. that =false there is there only to make the skybattle thing default to false. Making a Sky Battle has nothing to do with the scripts and everything to do with the events. Play the example maps. Outside your house there are two youngsters. One is a Sky Battle, the other an Inverse Battle. They show you how to make the event declare a sky battle.

In the event's code, you'll notice a function inside a conditional branch.

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::YOUNGSTER,"Ben",_I("You're too good for me!"),false,0,false,0,true)

setting the red thing to "true" makes it a Sky Battle.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Hi, First Post.
    I wanted to say what amazing work this all is, and how grateful I am that someone put this all together.
    I have seem to run into an issue and can't seem to fix. I downloaded and installed all the gen 6 stuff (not the elite battler stuff) and when I ran a playtest, I discovered that in my pokedex, when you go to the 'forms' tab non of the sprites pop up. I checked with a dozen or so different pokemon, and they aren't there. The gen 6 battler sprites are all in the graphics/battler folder but nothing is showing up under that tab. Did I do this, did I miss a step? I'm just so damn new to this all, and I can't seem to figure out where I went wrong.
    I would appreciate any help. Thank you.
    -Chrono

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2016
    How do I copy the mega evolution animation to a normal pokemon essentials? oO
    Already searched for the animation but it isnt there. oO

Years
  • How do I copy the mega evolution animation to a normal pokemon essentials? oO
    Already searched for the animation but it isnt there. oO

There actually isn't a Mega Evolution animation. Most games make their own. I've seen one where the battler swirls around while a blue background appears, and another that looks very much like the Seal of Orichalcos from Yu-Gi-Oh.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    hey the generation 6 project is working wonderfully for me. thx for providing me the possibility to finally continue with a project of mine i made like 3 years ago.

so i just have one thing im not sure of. so the main download includes the patches right? they are still in their archive files to be put in the right directory. now my problem is: there are 2 pbs patch files "PBS Patch v1.rar" and "PBS Patch v2.rar". logically thinking i would take v2 and overwrite v1 but 2 things made me ask. firstly the date when v2 was made is earlier than v1 so v1 is newer. and secondly upon downloading the pbs patch on its own it was the v1 patch. so which patch is the right one now?

and btw why are the patches in the main download not already in the right directory but thats just a minor thing. overall its not a big deal for making my game atm because its far from being in a playable state where minor changes/fixes would affect it but i just wanted to know what to do and if this was known.

thanks again and have a nice day

ps: one last thing. when youre in the party view the pokemon are normally hoping up and down. the 6th gen mons arent doing that by default, only when u hover above them. so the animation does exist. where do i fix that one?

Years
  • hey the generation 6 project is working wonderfully for me. thx for providing me the possibility to finally continue with a project of mine i made like 3 years ago.

so i just have one thing im not sure of. so the main download includes the patches right? they are still in their archive files to be put in the right directory. now my problem is: there are 2 pbs patch files "PBS Patch v1.rar" and "PBS Patch v2.rar". logically thinking i would take v2 and overwrite v1 but 2 things made me ask. firstly the date when v2 was made is earlier than v1 so v1 is newer. and secondly upon downloading the pbs patch on its own it was the v1 patch. so which patch is the right one now?

and btw why are the patches in the main download not already in the right directory but thats just a minor thing. overall its not a big deal for making my game atm because its far from being in a playable state where minor changes/fixes would affect it but i just wanted to know what to do and if this was known.

thanks again and have a nice day

ps: one last thing. when youre in the party view the pokemon are normally hoping up and down. the 6th gen mons arent doing that by default, only when u hover above them. so the animation does exist. where do i fix that one?

Version 2 of Gen 6 was removed, since all it did was provide compatibility with Luka S.J.'s Elite Battle System(several things had to be done to it besides plug and play). In light of this, Luka redid sections of his scripts to make it completely compatible with Gen 6, making Version 2 useless. Thus, Version 2 was removed, and Version 1 was the only one with continued updating.

Those animations do not happen because the animations do not exist. Look at the icons for non gen 6 pokemon, and you'll see their two frames are distinct. If you've played the newer games, you'll see the icons do not animate in that way, they simply hop up and down. You are welcome to make the animations, that is the only way to fix this.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    Those animations do not happen because the animations do not exist. Look at the icons for non gen 6 pokemon, and you'll see their two frames are distinct. If you've played the newer games, you'll see the icons do not animate in that way, they simply hop up and down. You are welcome to make the animations, that is the only way to fix this.

ok i looked at it again and understood the difference. i have never actually paid attention for it that much and on first look it always seemed like they just hop up and down too. thank you for the answer. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    help i dont see the pokemon sprites they are in the battler folder but in game i cant see them i see nothing is in pokedex battle everything if like the sprites were invisible help me pls

also i am gonna add animation to the icons so they hop where should i place them and how will they be called

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2017
    I finished a double battle, and I got this message:

Code:
    Exception: NameError
    Message: Section118:739:in `pbMiniCheckEvolution'uninitialized constant PBEvolution::Custom7
    ***Full script:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LASS,"Marie",_I("It's kind of drafty in this place, huh?"),false,0,false,0)
    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Pokemon_Evolution:778:in `pbCheckEvolution'
    Pokemon_Evolution:777:in `pbCheckEvolutionEx'
    Pokemon_Evolution:766:in `each'
    Pokemon_Evolution:766:in `pbCheckEvolutionEx'
    Pokemon_Evolution:777:in `pbCheckEvolution'
    PField_Field:1157:in `pbEvolutionCheck'
    PField_Field:1154:in `each'
    PField_Field:1154:in `pbEvolutionCheck'
    PField_Field:1280

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:794:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:193:in `update'
    Interpreter:106:in `loop'
    Interpreter:198:in `update'
    Scene_Map:103:in `update'
    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:114:in `update'
    Scene_Map:68:in `main'

I'm using the Gen VI addon for Essentials 15.1. Does anybody know why this is happening?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2015
    I have a problem. I am uing the elite battle scripts btw. I have added a few mega evo's in the script, but when I start my game, I get this error: Script 'PokemonMultipleForms' line 1589: SyntaxError occured. My script looks like this:

MultipleForms.register(:ABOMASNOW,{
    "getMegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
    next 1 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:ABOMASITE)
    next
    },
    "getUnmegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
    next 0
    },
    "getMegaName"=>proc{|pokemon|
    next _INTL("Mega Abomasnow") if pokemon.form==1
    next
    },
    "getBaseStats"=>proc{|pokemon|
    next [90,132,105,132,105,30] if pokemon.form==1
    next
    },
    "ability"=>proc{|pokemon|
    next getID(PBAbilities,:SNOWWARNING) if pokemon.form==1
    next
    },
    "weight"=>proc{|pokemon|
    next 1146 if pokemon.form==1
    next
    },
    "onSetForm"=>proc{|pokemon,form|
    pbSeenForm(pokemon)
    }
    })

This is the last Mega Evo in the script

Delusions of Originality

good night, sleep tight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Out of curiosity, why did you add mega abomasnow? Did you upgrade from a different version of the kit? Mega abomasnow is already in the base Gen 6 kit. All canon megas should be in there, in fact, so unless you're using fan-made megas I don't know why you'd need to add any at all. (I'm assuming that that mega abomasnow is an addition rather than the one that comes with the kit because you've got the base stats in the wrong order—in Essentials the base stats always need to go HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense, rather than the order you usually see displayed with Speed last. You have Speed and SpDef switched there, while they're in the Essentials-correct order in the base Gen 6 kit.)

I'm a bit too out of it at the moment to see exactly where your actual syntax error might be, if it is indeed in that part of the code at all. Without more information, it doesn't really matter if abomasnow is the last mega evolution listed; what matters is what's in the script at line 1589. Can you confirm that line 1589 is somewhere in the code you just posted, and point out which line it is? If line 1589 is not in that block of code, can you paste the actual line 1589 instead? (Alternatively, someone less addled might be able to see the problem in what you've posted. Still, you should get into the habit of being specific and providing as much detail as possible when asking for help.)

If the syntax error is in the posted mega abomasnow code then it's probably just a typo or a missing bracket or comma or something. Try replacing your code with the code from the base kit (remember to copy and paste from "Thread Tools > Show Printable Version", not directly from the forum view):

Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:ABOMASNOW,{
    "getMegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 1 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:ABOMASITE)
       next
    },
    "getUnmegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 0
    },
    "getMegaName"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next _INTL("Mega Abomasnow") if pokemon.form==1
       next
    },
    "getBaseStats"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next [90,132,105,30,132,105] if pokemon.form==1
       next
    },
    "ability"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next getID(PBAbilities,:SNOWWARNING) if pokemon.form==1
       next
    },
    "weight"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 1850 if pokemon.form==1
       next
    },
    "onSetForm"=>proc{|pokemon,form|
       pbSeenForm(pokemon)
    }
    })
    Although, really, if all you want are all the canon megas and primals, you should just use the entire MultipleForms script direct from the base kit. Like I said, they're all already in there and should be working if your kit is up to date.

Back