• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shuddenly I just thought of this weird idea for a topic...

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Do you guys think that gay Pokemon exist? I mean it is always said that you need 2 different genders of anybody to breed, but what if there were some rare stuff who don't want to play by the rules?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Homosexuality exists naturally among animals, it's not exclusive to humans. Pokémon also are quite intelligent and might not fall in love purely with the goal to produce eggs. As such, I'd say pokémon can definitely be gay and there doesn't have to be anything rare or strange about it :) just no eggs.

Years
  • I don't see why not, in theory.

Can't wait to see the shitstorm Game Freak would cause by allowing Attract to work on Pokemon of the same gender.

Years
  • The only time I remember them even toying with the idea was when Meowth and Oshawott fell in love with a male Purrloin in the anime, though it was mainly played as a joke.

Outside of that, I have to agree that while in theory there are probably gay Pokemon out there, I just don't see it ever being addressed officially. Like colours said, it would cause a bit of a mess if they introduced the possibility to have Attract effect Pokemon of the same gender (unless there was a new ability introduced or something that makes Attract work on all Pokemon, regardless of gender). Who knows what the future brings though.

Back