• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] Cerulean Spas - PC'S Supreme Beauty Club!

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    In terms of what I avoid, I steer clear of any tea tree oil based product. I find that it simply is much too harsh on my skin, it causes immense inflammation and severely dries out my normally oily skin. I recall regularly using it when I was a young teenager, as I had friends who swore by it and I had learned of its many skincare benefits. I convinced myself that my face turning a bright crimson every time I applied it was ordinary and denied any possible allergy to the product. Over time, I found my reaction to tea tree oil worsened to the point where my face would grow hot and itchy and the pain resembled that of a minor burn. Eventually I came to the conclusion that it was a harmful product and completely stopped using it. There are certain makeup removers/wipes that cause a similar affect and thus I avoid them as well.

tenor.gif

One ingredient I try to obviate in makeup products is silica. I've done research on it and it is an ingredient that is commonly found in powders. It can cause flashback, which is something no one wants. In addition to my avoidance of silica, I try my best to purchase makeup and skincare products from brands that are vegan, environmentally conscious, and cruelty-free!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Username: Caite-chan
    Beauty-related Interests: (Makeup, Skincare, Spa treatments, etc) Spa Treatments, Esential Oils, Skin Treatments & Salts
    What is one way in which you relax after a stressful day? Nice hot bath with either oils or salts.

Years
  • I watch a lot of Chinese television series. Earlier this year I checked out the Story of Yanxi Palace. One of the many great characters on the show was the tragic lady of the Hoifa-Nara clan Consort Xian. I was searching for more about the actress who portrayed her, the intense Charmaine Sheh, and stumbled upon lots of really beautiful photographs of her with the period garb removed. She is so stylish. I love this dress. I had to give her a nod here at the beauty club for trendy fashion.

798px-Charmaine-Sheh-2019.jpg

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Username: Caite-chan
    Beauty-related Interests: (Makeup, Skincare, Spa treatments, etc) Spa Treatments, Esential Oils, Skin Treatments & Salts
    What is one way in which you relax after a stressful day? Nice hot bath with either oils or salts.

Welcome! So glad to have you join us! ^-^

tenor.gif

What are your favourite scents/oils you use when having a bath? Do you light candles, play calming music, or how do you create a relaxing atmosphere?

I watch a lot of Chinese television series. Earlier this year I checked out the Story of Yanxi Palace. One of the many great characters on the show was the tragic lady of the Hoifa-Nara clan Consort Xian. I was searching for more about the actress who portrayed her, the intense Charmaine Sheh, and stumbled upon lots of really beautiful photographs of her with the period garb removed. She is so stylish. I love this dress. I had to give her a nod here at the beauty club for trendy fashion.

798px-Charmaine-Sheh-2019.jpg

Oh! She's absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the dress, it suits her so well. It reminds me almost of figure skating attire.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    HI GUYS long time coming, I remember telling Lina I was interested in joining like months and months ago lmao but I love talking about skincare and stuff!

Username: Juno

Beauty-related Interests: EVERYTHING - makeup, skincare, hair, nails, semi-permanent makeup (my brows are microbladed) - not spa treatments, actually, unless masks count. I only do at-home stuff, never been to a spa. My rituals are kinda personal and I would feel weird at a public place with strangers around, lol.

What is one way in which you relax after a stressful day? I really like doing masks, even just going through my PM skincare routine is relaxing. I have a jade roller I use sometimes after serums - I'm not really spiritual so I don't personally believe in the spiritual benefits of the tool, but it feels nice and cool on my skin and I do believe it helps with blood circulation in your face and lymphatic drainage.
    Charmaine Sheh
    I love her! Can you believe she's 45?? We need her beauty tips in here. She was a Hong Kong pageant winner (or runner-up, now that I'm fact-checking lol) in the late 90s and became an actress there after that. It's exciting to see someone I grew up watching be in something with an international audience!
    This week's topic is all about products that have NOT worked for you.
    I think I'm allergic to something in The Ordinary's Niacinamide serum - I used it once and it made me really itchy, so I just shelved it after that. A shame, since it has so many positive reviews. I only used it the one time so it might not have even been that, but I was just really paranoid lol.

I also did a Fraxel treatment before, which was the most expensive mistake ever - I don't know if the doctor/technician used a setting that just wasn't right for me or what, and I actually did a few treatments of this completely trusting the doctor, but after my last treatment I knew something was wrong and this just wasn't for me, and it left little pinprick scars all over my face where the lasers had been. I was able to fix it myself with microneedling but yikes, that was not a good experience, so a word of caution for anyone considering, lol. It does have amazing results for many, many people but I think the possible side effects/dangers are definitely swept under the rug.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    HI GUYS long time coming, I remember telling Lina I was interested in joining like months and months ago lmao but I love talking about skincare and stuff!

Username: Juno

Beauty-related Interests: EVERYTHING - makeup, skincare, hair, nails, semi-permanent makeup (my brows are microbladed) - not spa treatments, actually, unless masks count. I only do at-home stuff, never been to a spa. My rituals are kinda personal and I would feel weird at a public place with strangers around, lol.

What is one way in which you relax after a stressful day? I really like doing masks, even just going through my PM skincare routine is relaxing. I have a jade roller I use sometimes after serums - I'm not really spiritual so I don't personally believe in the spiritual benefits of the tool, but it feels nice and cool on my skin and I do believe it helps with blood circulation in your face and lymphatic drainage.

Hi!! Oh yes, so wonderful for you to drop by! Cerulean Spas welcomes you with open arms! ^-^ You are gracing us with your presence and I am honoured to have you!

tenor.gif

I have a question for you! How was you experience with microblading, if you're willing to share. I've heard some horror stories yet a friend of mine got her brows done that they look splendid. I've been meaning to purchase a jade roller and to dip more into Korean skincare! Are there any products that work well in combination with the roller?

Years
  • This was a video I stumbled upon on YouTube and wanted to share. It's about the friendship between actress Elizabeth Taylor and photographer Firooz Zahedi. I thought these were interesting stories, and of course there are some powerful of photographs of Miss Taylor here.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I'm certainly not the classiest or most glamorous person to join here, but I'll throw my hat in the ring.

Beauty-related Interests: Makeup, but more of stage/costume makeup than natural looking makeup. I first started makeup as show makeup for color guard, so I'm not used to doing subtle makeup. I can make a pretty good winged eyeliner though. I also like styling hair, but I am no good myself. I'd love to learn how to do, say, boxer braids or a fishtail on myself. I can do a regular braid and a rope braid, and that's about it.
    What is one way in which you relax after a stressful day? Hot showers!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Hi!! Oh yes, so wonderful for you to drop by! Cerulean Spas welcomes you with open arms! ^-^ You are gracing us with your presence and I am honoured to have you!

I have a question for you! How was you experience with microblading, if you're willing to share. I've heard some horror stories yet a friend of mine got her brows done that they look splendid. I've been meaning to purchase a jade roller and to dip more into Korean skincare! Are there any products that work well in combination with the roller?
    <3 <3

It was painful, but worth it imo - I have pretty sparse brows naturally so this is a huge time saver in the mornings and I can go out with good brows without worrying if they match or not haha.

I guess my advice would be, if you are considering this, to really do your research on your artist to avoid those horror stories! Check out their Instagram for fresh AND healed works - the mark of a good artist isn't just how well their brows look initially, but if they can actually survive the healing process. If their technique is not good, the strokes can really "fatten" up when it heals and you end up with the blobby brows rather than fine hairstrokes that look like natural eyebrows. And if they don't know how to choose the right pigments for your undertone, they can also heal bluish/reddish. If they don't give you proper aftercare instructions, the ink could just completely fall off when your skin heals too, and you don't want to go through all that pain for nothing.

I work in tattoo and permanent makeup supplies and it's astonishing how many people who are purchasing things to cut open other peoples faces do not know a lot of basics and proper technique or how to instruct their clients with the aftercare procedure, so you really want to make sure you're picking someone who knows what they're doing!

As for the jade rollers, I find any serum and a lot of oils go well with it - really just anything that makes it glide across your skin easier, it's a really nice, calming feeling. :fufu:

Back