• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favourite Theme Deck From All 7 Gens

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
Gen 1 - My favourite from back in the day was the Bodyguard deck where you had Pokemon that healed themselves and of course the Koffing card with it's foul gas. Always used to create this deck when I got enough cards to do so on the Gameboy Colour Pokemon TCG. I'd then use it for the challenge hall part.

I have no favourites from Gen 2 or Gen 3 as I know nothing about them.

Gen 4 - Nightfall from Heart Gold and Soul Silver series which I've won a couple of matches with on Pokemon TCG Online.

Gen 5 - I forget what they call it now and hope someone can remind me but from this gen it's the Team Plasma theme deck I just got for 500 coins on Pokemon TCG online where you get a Giratina 130HP card which does 90 damage and removes opponents cards from the hand.

Gen 6 - The last 2 Pikachu and Mewtwo Mayhem decks from Evolution set which brought back the nostalgia to Pokemon TCG online.

Gen 7 - The Matchstrike deck hands down. It's just so insane the minute you know your up against it. Especially if they already have that Gible card ready to start off with.

So what are yours from all the gens?

Years
When I was playing actively during DPPt/HGSS era, I remember buying and using Growth Clash. I rebuild the deck to contain Meganium Prime and Eevee, Leafeon and Leafeon Lv.X as well as Butterfree and bunch of great Supporters from that era. The whole deck worked around Energy manipulation and getting upper hand by quickly getting enough Energies on my heavy hitters. My 13 years old self won several tournaments over here with it.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
116162.jpg

Wish maker was actually playable as it was, and gave you Jirachi, 2x Starmie (bench sniping 20 for a single energy back then was incredible) 2x Life Herb, 2x Steven's advice, 2x Pokenav, 2x Metal Energy (which was a special energy back then and a rare) and a metagross line which, whilst not exceptional, was pretty acceptable back then.

Years
Currrently, it's Mach Strike because it's actually fun and playable.

Before that I'd say it was the HS Trainer Kit because it came with a very fun Raichu in one half deck and could be combined with the Gyarados half deck to make a serviceable casual deck.

Back