• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunt296

~The Official Stunt Master~
Years
  • Then you should definitely make it your next purchase =D

I'm not gonna lie, I've been thinking about it. I just bought a PS4 though. xD Maybe you can convince me by telling me what amazing RPGs are on it. :P

Maverick Hunter would have been awesome! But no, Capcom had to cancel everything.

Damn...I would've loved an FPS Megaman X game like Metroid Prime but with better controls!!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Digimon World games are great. Try the DS ones.

EDIT: Apparently, I thought the last page was the current one.

stunt296

Years
  • Digimon World games are great. Try the DS ones.

EDIT: Apparently, I thought the last page was the current one.

Woops! I forgot to mention I'm not interested in Digimon or Monster Rancher. There's something about Digimon that I never really liked...Maybe because when I was a kid, I always saw it as a Pokemon ripoff lol. Also, I played a few GBA Monster Rancher games, and they were way too simple for me. Not enough exploration and point and click style turned me off. I like the monster designs though. I heard there are some good MR games on PS2, but never tried them.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Woops! I forgot to mention I'm not interested in Digimon or Monster Rancher. There's something about Digimon that I never really liked...Maybe because when I was a kid, I always saw it as a Pokemon ripoff lol. Also, I played a few GBA Monster Rancher games, and they were way too simple for me. Not enough exploration and point and click style turned me off. I like the monster designs though. I heard there are some good MR games on PS2, but never tried them.
    That's a shame. Digimon games are actually far from being anything like Pokemon and are pretty addictive in their own right. The DS World games are cheap now so I'd still say get one, it's worth it.

Years
  • I'm desperate for a PS4, I want to play FFXV if it isn't M.
    Also, i'm not sure if this is the right place, but what PS1 games would you recommended to people? I'm trying to think of ones I should get, but I don't know what ones are worth it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Woops! I forgot to mention I'm not interested in Digimon or Monster Rancher. There's something about Digimon that I never really liked...Maybe because when I was a kid, I always saw it as a Pokemon ripoff lol. Also, I played a few GBA Monster Rancher games, and they were way too simple for me. Not enough exploration and point and click style turned me off. I like the monster designs though. I heard there are some good MR games on PS2, but never tried them.
    Funny that you should mention that- I don't really like Digimon either. Well, not as a show at least. That said, as a game franchise, it was basically my childhood. Digimon World 2 and 3 were a whole lot of fun, regardless of whether you like the series or not. I'd recommend that you at least give one of the PS1 titles a try, just as a recommendation.

Same to ComicFanatic.

---------------

Playism said:
    We're excited to announce that Touhou action platformer Takkoman is coming to Playism English on the same day for just $9.99!
    BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY THIS GODDAMN GAME.

Look, I don't care if you if you play Touhou, you like it, or even if you hate it. If you have any love for Action Sidescrollers, Platformers, Action Platformers, or Mega Man (X or Zero, especially), you absolutely need to play this game. Because reasons, it's unlikely that this will come to Steam- about as likely as any main Touhou game is (but, for the record, this isn't a main game, it's a fangame).

I could highlight it's good and bad points but...God, I don't feel like doing that right now. But I at least recommend checking it out, as it has a lot going for it and it's pretty high quality.

Last edited:

stunt296

Years
  • BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY THIS GODDAMN GAME.

Look, I don't care if you if you play Touhou, you like it, or even if you hate it. If you have any love for Action Sidescrollers, Platformers, Action Platformers, or Mega Man (X or Zero, especially), you absolutely need to play this game. Because reasons, it's unlikely that this will come to Steam- about as likely as any main Touhou game is (but, for the record, this isn't a main game, it's a fangame).

I could highlight it's good and bad points but...God, I don't feel like doing that right now. But I at least recommend checking it out, as it has a lot going for it and it's pretty high quality.

I've heard about Touhou before. People would look at me like I was an idiot for not knowing about it lol. I want to check it out, but I doubt that it's as good as Megaman X. :p

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I want to check it out, but I doubt that it's as good as Megaman X. :p
    Ah...well...

...It'd be a pretty difficult statement for me to back up that it's better than Megaman X- well, at least to the point where people would believe me. But I can say for certain that it feels better than Megaman X.

But, personally, I like it more than Megaman X- which isn't saying much, as I've played...not the most of X. Still working my way through X1, actually. But I have played much of the original Megaman games as well as the Zero series (which I love quite a bit). Despite this, I'd say Takkoman is my favorite Action Platformer, bar none. It feels great, the music's great (and surprisingly original, kudos to the developers of this for doing more than simple remixes from the main games- these songs are almost orchestral), and every boss is unique to the point of ridiculousness. This is really a great example of a game that goes above and beyond, and as far as Touhou fangames are concerned, which can tend to be quality as it is, this one is definitely among the best.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    I'm desperate for a PS4, I want to play FFXV if it isn't M.
    Also, i'm not sure if this is the right place, but what PS1 games would you recommended to people? I'm trying to think of ones I should get, but I don't know what ones are worth it.

Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg

Yukari

I'm desperate for a PS4, I want to play FFXV if it isn't M.
    In addition to some of the previously mentioned games, Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night are must play games. Final Fantasy 8 and 9 are also worth checking out.

pkmin3033

I'd recommend checking out Silent Bomber if you can find it; it's a top-down arcade style game that has you blowing enemies up with bombs instead of shooting them, it's pretty unique and a lot of fun! T'ai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger was a fantastic game as well, it's one of the lesser known anthropomorphic platformers that were all the rage back in the day...think Kung Fu Panda, only cooler. The game inspired those movies, in fact.

The MediEvil games are worth checking out if you want something a little more light-hearted in tone...although no less forgiving in the gameplay department. The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver is definitely worth playing as well, even if you've never played any other games in that series before.

pkmin3033

I'd recommend checking out Silent Bomber if you can find it; it's a top-down arcade style game that has you blowing enemies up with bombs instead of shooting them, it's pretty unique and a lot of fun! T'ai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger was a fantastic game as well, it's one of the lesser known anthropomorphic platformers that were all the rage back in the day...think Kung Fu Panda, only cooler. The game inspired those movies, in fact.

The MediEvil games are worth checking out if you want something a little more light-hearted in tone...although no less forgiving in the gameplay department. The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver is definitely worth playing as well, even if you've never played any other games in that series before.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Hm, this is actually pretty tough to answer as the people here tend to go for a bit more challenging games. I never played the Professor Layton games, but I hear they're puzzle ones and pretty good so you might give those a try if you have the consoles for it. I think they're in DS/3DS. If you want something else a bit different, there's the Animal Crossing series too. No puzzles, but you interact with animal villagers and make your town/house/etc.

Yes, I have a DS Lite, a DSi XL and a 3DS XL.

ayoo

lol see my name
    Years
  • Hello everyone I wanted to ask that can u play a Japanese Pokémon X cartridge on a English 3ds? Please reply fast

Thanks in advance

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Hello everyone I wanted to ask that can u play a Japanese Pokémon X cartridge on a English 3ds? Please reply fast

Thanks in advance
    The 3DS is region locked, so it won't unfortunately. A US 3DS will only be able to play US games, EU and JP won't work.

Reactions: Hi!

pkmin3033

I still can't quite believe Nintendo still practice that ridiculous, archaic, anti-consumer policy...it's infuriating, especially when certain titles are digital-only in some countries, meaning you need to buy expensive SD cards to fit them on.

...sure, the Vita is just as guilty with digital-only releases, but at least you have the option of importing if you don't mind Japanese text. Region locking has no place in the current generation of gaming.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It's so backwards, I agree. And they were doing so well with their handhelds beforehand, too.

If Rhythm Heaven 3DS ends up Japan exclusive I'd be really bummed out and end up importing a Japanese 3DS just to play it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back