• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Hi, I'm hacking Fire Red and I was wondering how to make a sprite appear? Like in Pallet Town when Oak comes to get you, his sprite is still on the map but it doesn't appear until you get a certain script tile, how do you do that? (I use notepad and pokéscript to script)

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Alright, I tried searching this on this thread, but didn't get the answer, maybe I'm missed some syntax? Oh might as well refresh the wall (sry if this has been asked multiple times)

Well I tried to insert some 4x2 grid tree tiles. I know the normal ratio is 3x2 so sue me, this is what my question brought up.

How do I get around extending the border block dimensions to 3x2 tiles? My 4x2 tiles won't fit in there, and I don't want to expand the whole map and add trees on the sides so that the border block cannot be seen. I want to know if there is a way to expand it?

As Reshilegend has said.

Use Ctrl+H to do this quickly.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hi, I'm hacking Fire Red and I was wondering how to make a sprite appear? Like in Pallet Town when Oak comes to get you, his sprite is still on the map but it doesn't appear until you get a certain script tile, how do you do that? (I use notepad and pokéscript to script)

First of all, switch to XSE or PKSV. We don't serve the 2006 pokescript here. It is outdated, far outdated, and we will not correct your scripts because nobody knows the proper syntax anymore (well, no seriously accomplished hackers anyways).

Now, how to do it. Simple, set a flag early in the game before encountering that sprite (the players room is a good place to do so) and the assign that flag to the Person ID of the sprite in A-Map. Then, in the script that you want him to appear, simply clear the flag and use the showsprite command to show the sprite and make him do as you wish.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
The images are 256 color, which means when you create them, the original sprite needs to come out of the image editor in 256 color, with all of the palettes on a specific row. If I remember correctly, Oak uses rows 3 & 4 (counting 0 as a row), the hero/heroine use rows 5 & 6, and the rival uses rows 3 & 4. Also, the transparent color needs to be the very first color in the entire 256 palette. When you overwirte the palettes in APE, only insert the new 32 color rows for each sprite, not all 256 colors.

I'm just not getting this...

What do I need Advanced Palette Editor for and what is inserting 32 color rows supposed to do if it...I...what?

This isn't going to work. I'm a complete amateur, so if I'm to even comprehend what I'm supposed to do, I'd need pictures.

Someone needs to do a tutorial on this and Zel's tutorial didn't work...

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Check Jpan's thread on researching specials, there are one or two of those.

karatekid552

Years
I'm just not getting this...

What do I need Advanced Palette Editor for and what is inserting 32 color rows supposed to do if it...I...what?

This isn't going to work. I'm a complete amateur, so if I'm to even comprehend what I'm supposed to do, I'd need pictures.

Someone needs to do a tutorial on this and Zel's tutorial didn't work...

It took me 3 days to get this right, and I know (most of the time) what I'm doing.

Each palette is 16 colors, and the intro sprites use 2 of them, so 32 colors. However, the game does not accept 32, only 16 and 256. So, you need to create a 256 color palette and have the 32 colors in the slots they need to be in. If you open up the palette for your image, you will see that there are rows. When it is a 16x16 grid, (the first row is now row 0, just FYI) rows 3 & 4 are used by Oak and Gary and the 5 & 6 rows are used by the hero(ine). So, all of the colors for each sprite need to go in their respective rows. After you have shifted the colors around like so, export the image and use Infranview to export the palette. Use NSE to insert the images, and then use APE to go to the palettes that need to be changed. This is the tricky part. When you import your 256 color palette, it will come in sets of 16. Find the first set of 16 you want to insert and then replace the loaded palette with it. Then, go one index over (your 2nd 16 colors) and also scroll the loaded palette over 1 index. Then click the replace button again. Now you should be good.

I know this is a lot. I'm fairly experienced and I had a lot of trouble with this, so don't get down if you can't get it. I would make a nice tutorial, but I don't have the time right now.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
I have never done this but I want to trade my high level Pokemon from Emerald to Leaf Green. I use a Visual Boy Advanced emulator and have access to more then two computers most times.

I have eight badges in Leaf Green and have beaten the Elite Four in Emerald.

So how can I trade? Can I do it myself?

I have a slight idea on how it works but have only seen it done once before in 2004.

Thank You for your time, your help will go a long way for me ^^

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I have never done this but I want to trade my high level Pokemon from Emerald to Leaf Green. I use a Visual Boy Advanced emulator and have access to more then two computers most times.

I have eight badges in Leaf Green and have beaten the Elite Four in Emerald.

So how can I trade? Can I do it myself?

I have a slight idea on how it works but have only seen it done once before in 2004.

Thank You for your time, your help will go a long way for me ^^

You can trade using an offshoot of VBA called VBA-Link.

However, if you're just talking about the regular games, you can't trade between LG and E yet - you unlock it.

In Emerald, you have to beat the E4 to get the National Pokedex. The trading unlocks automatically at that point.

In LG, you must beat the E4, and have caught 80 Pokemon for Oak to update your Pokedex to the national mode. Then you explore One Island to find the Ruby, after which you get the ability to travel to the rest of the Sevii Islands, where you also find a Sapphire, which, when given to Celio, unlocks the trading with RSE.

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Well, I got around to fixing the old issue I was having with tiles, but I've still got another one that I haven't been able to fix. When I exit the starter house in my starter town, everything is fine except for one larger house, where the bottom tiles glitch out. When I go into a gatehouse that leads to the next route and come back, the tiles are back to normal. But once again, if I go back into the starter house and come back out, the tiles are back to being glitched. Any help would be appreciated.

Once again, here's a picture of the issue:
PIvE7JX.png

karatekid552

Years
Well, I got around to fixing the old issue I was having with tiles, but I've still got another one that I haven't been able to fix. When I exit the starter house in my starter town, everything is fine except for one larger house, where the bottom tiles glitch out. When I go into a gatehouse that leads to the next route and come back, the tiles are back to normal. But once again, if I go back into the starter house and come back out, the tiles are back to being glitched. Any help would be appreciated.

Once again, here's a picture of the issue:
PIvE7JX.png

It looks like you replaced door animation frames.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Use another tile that isn't a door and use it as a door. Then in dooranimedit you can edit the new door you made.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
Hi im New and this page is awesome !!!

Ok i have a question......
Exist an hack-rom of pokemon Rescue Team For GBA With all pokemon , include all of Unova ????????????

Please Respond Me

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hi im New and this page is awesome !!!

Ok i have a question......
Exist an hack-rom of pokemon Rescue Team For GBA With all pokemon , include all of Unova ????????????

Please Respond Me

f076e.gif
Your English is scary...

Anyway, no, there is no hack-ROM of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon where all Pokémon — up to the Unova ones — exist.

...I don't think there even is a PMD hack around. =/

Years
Hey all, I was trying to change the overworld sprites for the hero and heroine with NSE. I have all of the sprites inserted but they are on two different palettes, so when I import one palette (lets say for the hero) it uses that same palette for the heroine even though they have different palette numbers (0x00 and 0x10 respectively). How can I fix this? I feel like it's something simple that I'm overlooking.

karatekid552

Years
Whenever i try to compile it says that lock is an unknown thingy. HELP!!!! :(

Can we see the script and have more info on what compiler you're using?

Hey all, I was trying to change the overworld sprites for the hero and heroine with NSE. I have all of the sprites inserted but they are on two different palettes, so when I import one palette (lets say for the hero) it uses that same palette for the heroine even though they have different palette numbers (0x00 and 0x10 respectively). How can I fix this? I feel like it's something simple that I'm overlooking.

So, you're saying that the palette for the hero and heroine is the same, and when you change one, it changes both, even though they are the same number? Or are you saying that they have the same palette but different numbers? If it is the latter, why does it matter? It is okay to have two of the same palettes. I'm just kind of confused on what you are saying.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Hi, I'm having a problem in Ash Grey where im stuck in the room under new island. I know i should have asked inte the official Ash Grey thread, but it's closed. I you search for ''Pokémon Ash Gray Bug, help?'' on youtube, you will find a video showing the bug.

Anyone here familiar with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back