• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Features that need to Return

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • - Pokeathlon, or something that's Pokeathlon-like in a way you get rewards for playing minigames. I think it's fine to bring back like say contests and make it that you get points to buy stuff everytime you win.

- Wonder trade

- playing with your mons.

Years
  • dat following pokemon thing. and day/night and seasonal cycle. that one was heavenly with Gen 5. speaking of gen 5, it would be great if you bring back the Pokemon World Tournament.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • Having been replaying White recently, I think dark grass and phenomena really need to be brought back and never ever removed. Maybe they could just change rustling grass a bit and make it more frequent and have a little bit more variety of Pokémon (95% Audino in nearly every route feels like a bit too much when you're looking for rare mons), but I'd be happy even if they just brought it back as it was.

Last edited:

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • since most people already mentioned lots of features, I'll just mentioned the weather system from BW. I like how the weather actually changes in the same location, rather than like, oh it's always clear weather throughout the game except this one route which always rains for some reason (and sandstorm for deserts if there's one). This would actually make the game more 'immersive'. The weather system should be polished well, of course, that way it would make every replay feels different.

Imagine you begin your journey on a rainy day with your trusty Scorbunny, and the weather forecast displays "we expected the rainy weather lasted until the player becomes the Champion." :P

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Having been replaying White recently, I think dark grass and phenomena really need to be brought back and never ever removed. Maybe they could just change rustling grass a bit and make it more frequent and have a little bit more variety of Pokémon (95% Audino in nearly every route feels like a bit too much when you're looking for rare mons), but I'd be happy even if they just brought it back as it was.
    That would be neat, yeah. Something more involved. Personally I'd like to see the DexNav back given it doesn't seem like we have LGPE's overworld wild pokemon thing anymore.
    since most people already mentioned lots of features, I'll just mentioned the weather system from BW. I like how the weather actually changes in the same location, rather than like, oh it's always clear weather throughout the game except this one route which always rains for some reason (and sandstorm for deserts if there's one). This would actually make the game more 'immersive'. The weather system should be polished well, of course, that way it would make every replay feels different.

Imagine you begin your journey on a rainy day with your trusty Scorbunny, and the weather forecast displays "we expected the rainy weather lasted until the player becomes the Champion." :P
    Maybe not that much rain, haha. But agreed - more random weather (and seasons!), please.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • I've been replaying ORAS and noticed that I definitely love the soaring in the skies feature. This feels like what should've been a great replacement to HM Fly. Was dissapointed they didn't include this feature in Alola, I always find it super enjoyable riding on Latios and don't mind the cutscenes at all, the freedom you felt when you can soar across entire Hoenn... is so satisfying!

And while we're at it, make all the battles take place during soaring to be Sky Battle please, feels really awkward when I can send out my Sceptile to battle mid-air in ORAS. And perhaps the Sky Trainers from Kalos can make a return also, which can only encounter during soaring, the Sky Battle was really lackluster back in Kalos which most people forgot and maybe disliked...?

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Re-battling trainers. The VS seeker made grinding easier and quicker and sometimes its nice rematching trainers again. The new exp share is great but I always turn it off cause it makes leveling up too easy and eventually makes your party all over leveled. Something like the Pokeathalon would be nice too. Anything that makes post-game more fun and interesting. There's nothing in gen 7 that made the games replayable after beating the main storyline.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I would like the dark grass and phenomena, and phenomena for dark grass, maybe some Pokémon in the phenomena can run of you if you go too fast, and move to other tiles. A new Pokémon World Tournament. Pokémon Following or areas where Pokémon can get out of it's Pokéball... Come on, GameFreak, you do all gen 1-7 animations, and you use the same exact 3d models! Even LGPE models looks better.
    I want to see a Post-Game where you explore a new part of the region, that was entirely unaccesible before, like in BW2 or in LGFR, I also want to go in new islands to follow a Roaming Flying Legendary/Mythical, Mythical/Legendary and even pseudo-legendary events, like go with 2 specific Pokémon at specific places in your party like in RSE to catching the Regis, or braile, follow a specific vibration via switch control to find out where to dig/dive for finding them... A new mechanic that allows us to use dig in some places to go underground, and the dive system... I want back almost everything that was introduced in Gen 5,3 and 7, like Pokéstar studios, Contest, Pokérides, Dunsparce evolution...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Re-battling trainers. The VS seeker made grinding easier and quicker and sometimes its nice rematching trainers again. The new exp share is great but I always turn it off cause it makes leveling up too easy and eventually makes your party all over leveled. Something like the Pokeathalon would be nice too. Anything that makes post-game more fun and interesting. There's nothing in gen 7 that made the games replayable after beating the main storyline.
    Oh yes very much. That or how they did it in RSE/ORAS.

There's several reasons I want this. One: variety in training options. Griding on the same trainers is not fun, it's boring. It may be less efficient but

Two: option to grind pre-E4 as well. That's useful in itself.

Three: worldbuilding. You learn more about the region, what people do, etc by being able to fight the same characters multiple times and see how their day goes. I miss the random calls you'd get from trainers in GSC/HGSS for instance, because each character was different and had their own personality, and their teams grew as well. It was neat! Now they don't even walk to you to have a battle, never mind talk about their day or challenge you to a rematch, and that's just lazy and boring imo.

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
    Years
  • 1. Secret Bases, maybe something like a super expanded version of what we got in Gen 4?

2. Sneaking around in grass all tipy toe style to sneak up on pokemon in the grass.

3. I want a cellphone where my mom calls me every 5 minutes to tell me she spent my fucking money on something I never asked for and probably is buying herself weed with the money that just "went missing". I want that feature back!

4. Acorn poke balls from Gen 2.

5. E.V training like in gen 7.

6. Roller skates again plz.

7. Seasons, and being only able to catch certain pokemon during certain seasons in certain areas would be cool.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Character Customization is seemed to be confirmed. Pixelpar did a video and zoomed into a building and shows it is a clothing store.
    So even though I think most people are pretty sure it is returning. I just wanted to say it is most likely confirmed to return for anyone who is still worried. I will get a screenshot of Pixelpar's video and post it here.

Spoiler:

This is from Pixelpar who is usually pretty accurate with everything, although very very vague. The second image, he is just comparing the image with the one from the announcement trailer because they are the same color. But I am pretty sure and certain he is right about these being clothing stores.

Last edited:
    Years
  • yas @ everyone saying chara customization, plsss i want to make my girl look even cuter than she already is
    otherwise, I just don't want us to get another Festival Plaza-like area for trading. The PSS was much more convenient in that regard, since it was right in your bottom screen and didn't require you to access a different area.

Back