• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Umm.... Can you make it a bit simpler?....

When you made Lugia disappear, you set a flag that was the same as its person ID in A-map, correct? Now, create a map script outside of that room which clears that flag. This will make Lugia show up again the next time you go back into the room which Lugia resides in. This will be infinate unless you set another flag to prevent this script from happening again, or changing the var whcih is attached to the map script.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
When you made Lugia disappear, you set a flag that was the same as its person ID in A-map, correct? Now, create a map script outside of that room which clears that flag. This will make Lugia show up again the next time you go back into the room which Lugia resides in. This will be infinate unless you set another flag to prevent this script from happening again, or changing the var whcih is attached to the map script.

What command do I use in A-map for the level script?
How about a sample? Not specifically for it. I just want to see its structure.

karatekid552

Years
What command do I use in A-map for the level script?
How about a sample? Not specifically for it. I just want to see its structure.

It is really this simple:

#Dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
clearflag 0x[Person ID of Lugia]
end

This will make lugia infinately appear in that cave. If you want to make it only reapear once:

#Dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x[a flag]
if 0x0 goto @Lugia
end

#org @Lugia
setflag 0x[a flag]
end

Since this script only messes with flags, it will work best under map script type 03 in A-Map.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
It is really this simple:

#Dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
end

This will make lugia infinately appear in that cave. If you want to make it only reapear once:

#Dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x[a flag]
if 0x0 goto @Lugia
end

#org @Lugia
setflag 0x[a flag]
end

Since this script only messes with flags, it will work best under map script type 03 in A-Map.

So if Lugia's person ID is 1, I put 0x001?
And the flag is any fromm 0x1 to 0x8C2 right?

Also, if I want multiple of them, do I make one for each of them?

Last edited:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
So if Lugia's person ID is 1, I put 0x001?
And the flag is any fromm 0x1 to 0x8C2 right?

Also, if I want multiple of them, do I make one for each of them?

Yes! you want to use flags between those values, any higher and you will mess with the games processing data I think, giving game glitches.

You can find a list of used flags in the game in DIEGOISAWESOME's MEGA HUGE SCRIPTING TUTORIAL so I suggest that so you don't accidently pick a flag like 0x820 (the boulderbadge). I would link but I can't yet! (Low post count)

You can have as many Lugia events as you want, as long as you have a seperate flag for each.

Years
I believe flags from the 200 - 2FF range are perfectly usable, and Poké Ball events tend to use the flags in the 100 area so I'm guessing they might be safe too. But yeah, just use, say, flag 200 and flag 201 for the flags that karatekid gave you.

karatekid552

Years
I believe flags from the 200 - 2FF range are perfectly usable, and Poké Ball events tend to use the flags in the 100 area so I'm guessing they might be safe too. But yeah, just use, say, flag 200 and flag 201 for the flags that karatekid gave you.

Almost every flag is unuseable. The only guarenteed good ones are in the 200s. DavidJCobb did a lot of research on flags and vars.

I have posted these links faaar to many times:

They contain exactly what every flag does. You can tell by what they do whether they are temporary or not. (If they control cut trees and the like = temporary)

-------------
This Wario on my screen. It confuses me.....

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Why are there extra map header banks for ROUTE 4 and ROUTE 10? I cant open the second copies of the map and if I edit them, will this mess with the game?

Also why are they there anyway? Is it the Pokecentres and flight spots maybe?

Years
Why are there extra map header banks for ROUTE 4 and ROUTE 10? I cant open the second copies of the map and if I edit them, will this mess with the game?

Also why are they there anyway? Is it the Pokecentres and flight spots maybe?

Yup! Both maps have flight positions so they got an extra header. It's safe to change their names.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I have three questions:

1. What is the palette for this:
Pokeball_zps2517931b.png

I have tried to find it using the VBA BG Map Palette Memory Technique but its palette is in the OBJ window.

2. This one:
Spoiler:
Whenever I compile this, it works well except for the hidesprite section. When I finish the battle and it's supposed to hidesprite, it hides, but when I take 1 STEP, the sprite reappears. I don't know what has gone wrong.

BTW, I made that script myself so sorry if it looks lame.

3. How to make a script for a FireRed ROM installed with RTC that for example, I want a certain building open from 6:00 to 19:00 and closed from 19:01 to 5:99?

Years
I don't know about your first and third questions, but for the second one you need to set a flag (see karatekid's link for safe flags) in the script and then assign that same flag to the Person ID of the Person Event you want to hide in Advance Map.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I don't know about your first and third questions, but for the second one you need to set a flag (see karatekid's link for safe flags) in the script and then assign that same flag to the Person ID of the Person Event you want to hide in Advance Map.

I did set a flag, that's
Code:
hidepsrite 0x1
setflag 0x200

Are there any other errors in the script?

Also how do I assign that flag? If 0x200 is the flag, I put 0200 on the person ID number right?

Fixed it.

I hope someone can answer my other questions.

I've got questions left:

I have two questions:

Pokeball_zps2517931b.png

I have tried to find it using the VBA BG Map Palette Memory Technique but its palette is in the OBJ window.

2. How to make a script for a FireRed ROM installed with RTC that for example, I want a certain building open from 6:00 to 19:00 and closed from 19:01 to 5:99?

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
I have three questions:

Pokeball_zps2517931b.png

2. This one:
Spoiler:
Whenever I compile this, it works well except for the hidesprite section. When I finish the battle and it's supposed to hidesprite, it hides, but when I take 1 STEP, the sprite reappears. I don't know what has gone wrong.

BTW, I made that script myself so sorry if it looks lame.

3. How to make a script for a FireRed ROM installed with RTC that for example, I want a certain building open from 6:00 to 19:00 and closed from 19:01 to 5:99?
1) Find the pal in the OBJ view and make it in APE using the info given about each color. Then compress and insert into the rom and search for what you inserted. Basically, recreate the palette and search for the recreation which should be the same as the original.

2) You solved

3) DNS tells you where it writes the time to in the RAM. Using the comparefarbyte commands, you can read the time and manipulate it. I would suggest loading the hour into one var and the minutes into another and comparing them to values to calculate the time.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
1) Find the pal in the OBJ view and make it in APE using the info given about each color. Then compress and insert into the rom and search for what you inserted. Basically, recreate the palette and search for the recreation which should be the same as the original.

2) You solved

3) DNS tells you where it writes the time to in the RAM. Using the comparefarbyte commands, you can read the time and manipulate it. I would suggest loading the hour into one var and the minutes into another and comparing them to values to calculate the time.

1. I tried doing that and its says "Palette not found." When I searched again it found 00000000 as the same and then when you play it, it crashes.

3. Would it be long? Because from what I know I will have to do a command for each hour, time or day. Is it really possible to do this and have a specific time e.g 19:59? I'll research on it.

karatekid552

Years
1. I tried doing that and its says "Palette not found." When I searched again it found 00000000 as the same and then when you play it, it crashes.

3. Would it be long? Because from what I know I will have to do a command for each hour, time or day. Is it really possible to do this and have a specific time e.g 19:59? I'll research on it.

1) Are you searching for compressed palettes?

3)It will have to be fairly long, but you can make it shorter by using the if greater than and less than commands.

I would say load the hours into 800D, and the minutes into 8007 and then have series of compares for the time.

hanswurst1999

The Slow Bro
Years
Is there a resource of FR-styled OWs which contains the missing frames of the gym leaders (like blaine) & co?
(missing frames = the walking frames)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back