• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Academics wise, 2018 has been stressful. Finished Year 11 which was only 3 terms and now I'm 5 weeks in to my last year of high school where all exams count. Stakes are high and I've been going through phases of being super productive to burning out and not doing work. I experienced significant academic success in some areas which I was really happy about, but I also experienced anxiety at other subjects which I did not do as well in so overall 2018 was mixed in that regard.

I grew closer to a lot of people this year, and also made quite a few new friends so there's also that. Cut some toxic people out of my life which improved my life a lot. But at the same time I feel like I'm getting worse at keeping up with some of my other friends, which worries me. It's something I'll work on.

Mental health wise, it's been like a roller coaster. First half of the year, my hypochondria had a huge flare up and I went through what seemed like a never ending cycle of convincing myself of my impending doom at any moment. I struggled to eat at one point, and became quite ill. Thankfully I have been getting better at implementing what I learnt in therapy and I think it's finally improving somewhat! I don't think I have full control over it yet but I hope it will be gone soon. With depression, it was quite similar. Been going through cycles where I feel OK and then will just feel sad or numb for extended periods of time. I think I've also gone backwards in terms of opening up to friends - I felt like last year I overshared a lot so I've mostly kept a lot of things to myself now. It's not healthy but I am looking into reorganising professional help at least.

Also in terms of general health, I made a lot of progress on finding out what had been causing a bunch of medical issues such as unexplained chest pain. Turns out I have severe reflux and whilst I've been struggling to cope with it, has eased a lot of anxiety regarding my health. Ended up in the hospital at one stage with severe chest pain that turned out to be reflux, which is how I found out in the first place. Has been improving but still not the greatest at keeping myself away from trigger foods though. :p But yeah, I'm happy with taking steps to address my health.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I like that i've grown even more accepting of my 'girly girl' personality this year too.

Why would anyone want to feel awful about liking cute things if cutesy characters like Korrina and Pikachu are just sooo AMAZING anyways?! X3;

And, generally, i'm mostly the type of girly girl that really likes cute things. Thats....pretty harmless really o.o; Cute things are universally appealing, i just probably like them a bit more than a lot of other people I meet do lol Well...maybe xD It seems other people I meet now also like cute things a lot :3

Also, its not like i grew up with as many pets as a lot of other people I met did. I mostly just had the one dog i have now (he's so adorable<3). If other people are being good pet owners, i'm pretty sure that means really i'm not that different from other people I meet. Also, i think different people mean different things when they use the term 'girly'. For me, girly just means liking stuff that girls in general like (especially younger girls?), but some people might think girly just means someone who's super into fashion? A word can mean so many different things to different people.

But anyways. My liking cute things isn't hurting anyone. And I do tend to relate to cute characters to the point where even my crushes are more so on the cute side now lol (how is korrina NOT simply adorable? she's cheery, she's sassy, she's super affectionate and honestly she kind of reminds me of a human version of pikachu in all honesty lol but also a really hot human pikachu with those tight black shorts of hers and her amazing blonde hair xD hahaha...)

EDIT: BTW, i didn't mean to put down people who like fashion. I think a person can be super into fashion and still be a wonderful person too (also a lot of people on tumblr that are super into cute things are also into fashion a lot). I was just stating that 'girly' can mean different things to people. But any type of person can be a good person really. In the end, stereo types should be shattered, and people should just like being who they feel most comfortable being ;)

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I've made some improvements a lot... but I think I'm finally at a happy point in life. I have my bae Tom Hiddleston and my hero Clayne Crawford to make me happy now. Returning to PC has been a blessing for me, and I'm glad to be back here again. :3

Back