• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Snap Re-release on Wii U in Japan

MirraJade

Kimono Girl
Years
Awesome I hope we get it also I loved playing pokémon snap when I was younger I would love for them to bring out a new game but I guess the best we are going to get is pokémon go

Years
I know people want a Snap sequel but this re-release is just as great. It makes me start to think which other old Pokemon games will be getting re-releases like this, hopefully it'll be getting an international release as well.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I'm glad to see the continuing trend of Pokemon re-releases, even if they're not available in the US (where I live) yet. I suppose this is to keep the hype coming all year for the twentieth anniversary. Whatever the reason, I wholeheartedly support it.

I don't own a Wii U, and I picked up this game on Wii VC release already, so I probably won't get this version if it becomes available. (Although if enough Pokemon games are re-released exclusively on Wii U, maybe I"ll have to cave and buy one...) I really wish this game were more extensive, though (63 Pokemon, or whatever the total is, isn't a large enough group). I still would prefer a sequel to the far-too-short original game, but it's still a great game, and I would definitely recommend that everyone give it a try (and/or try it again if it's be a while since you last played it).

Back